PDA

View Full Version : Making deals with insurance

3G
12-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Has anyone made a deal with their insurance company to get a cheaper rate but they kick you off if you get a ticket or something along those lines?

illeagle
12-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Is that possible? I'm not sure you can even do it, so i never even thought about asking....I can find out, but you'll know before i do..

3G
12-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
Is that possible? I'm not sure you can even do it, so i never even thought about asking....I can find out, but you'll know before i do..

I was just wondering if anyones done. Some guy told me it might be possible so yeah

1badPT
12-19-2003, 06:51 PM
There is some room to maneouvre with ratings. For example - there was an 8 year gap that I didn't have a car or insurance. For most insurance companies, I'd be considered a 0*. I hate an accident free history prior to that, so I was able to make a deal so to speak with the underwriter at one of the insurance companies, to bump me up to a 3*. So instead of having to pay assrape 0* prices for the first year, expensive 1* for the second year and somewhat expensive 2* rates for the third year, I'm paying 3* rates (which are reasonable) for the first 3 years, and I'll continue to go up over the next few years.

What you can't deal with is prices or rate groups. You can't say give me $20 off my monthly premium nor can you say rate my car as a cheaper, safer, less stolen vehicle than what it really is.

To make a long post one sentence longer - see if you can get bumped up a rating. That's about all you can play with.

3G
12-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
There is some room to maneouvre with ratings. For example - there was an 8 year gap that I didn't have a car or insurance. For most insurance companies, I'd be considered a 0*. I hate an accident free history prior to that, so I was able to make a deal so to speak with the underwriter at one of the insurance companies, to bump me up to a 3*. So instead of having to pay assrape 0* prices for the first year, expensive 1* for the second year and somewhat expensive 2* rates for the third year, I'm paying 3* rates (which are reasonable) for the first 3 years, and I'll continue to go up over the next few years.

What you can't deal with is prices or rate groups. You can't say give me $20 off my monthly premium nor can you say rate my car as a cheaper, safer, less stolen vehicle than what it really is.

To make a long post one sentence longer - see if you can get bumped up a rating. That's about all you can play with.

I don't have any insurance history, that's the thing.

so I guess the answer to my question is no