PDA

View Full Version : Damn car!

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 05:53 PM
sooo..im driving today and my car starts cutting in and out im like wtf?!?!?!?!! what the hell could cause the engine to cut in and out?

Ed the SOHC
09-03-2002, 06:01 PM
no gas:banghead:

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 06:03 PM
its got gas tho! the wirdest shit is....it like looses all electrical shit..like its a short..wtf?

T5_X
09-03-2002, 06:07 PM
fuel delivery system, likely electrical.

Ben
09-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Fuel Pump Relay?

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 06:29 PM
maybe.......but.....if its a fuel pump relay or a fuel pump it would not be on and off..it would be fucked or working....its one of those things.....

cocoabrova
09-03-2002, 06:35 PM
Does it start again after letting it sit for a bit? Or do you have to let it sit for long-asssss time? Could be a fuel pressure prob or relay like Benny said. The CIS/CIS-E is notorious for fuel-related starting probs and dying out due to fuel -related problems... :banghead: :banghead:

OMOYYC
09-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Do you have an alarm system? On my truck, I had that problem and it turned out to be a bad alarm brian which caused the car to cut in and out.

HRD2PLZ
09-03-2002, 07:39 PM
When my last car did something pretty similar to that it was because the timing belt had jumped...:dunno:

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 08:36 PM
hey cocoa......its does it once in a blue fucking moon...and ofcoarse it only does it when its me in the car alone..i just had to push my car thru an intersection.........anyways.......i think it is fuel related.......could it be my cap and rotor?! cause i just cleaned them off and the rotor is pretty warn man..

cocoabrova
09-03-2002, 09:18 PM
If your cap/rotor is worn, you should definitely replace them. But that shouldn't cause the engine to die out, Just harder starting and poor gas mileage..... You should pressure test your fuel system and see if the #'s are close. Then I'd check your fuel pump relay in your fusebox under the hood. What usually happens with the fuel pump relay is that, in time, the contacts inside the relay start to fuse together, due to the amount of heat/current that goes through the relay, which would cause the relay to 'short' itself. Lemme know how it goes Mike... :thumbsup:

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 09:23 PM
hmmmmmmm thx man....ill go check all that stuff out tommorow.....hope it makes it to school :(

cocoabrova
09-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
hmmmmmmm thx man....ill go check all that stuff out tommorow.....hope it makes it to school :(
Hey, lemme know how it goes when you get home cuz I think I have a couple of brand new Audi FP relays:thumbsup:

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 09:34 PM
well..ill buy um off u anyways.......even if it inst the problem ill still need one eventually! so lets meet up tommorow ill buy them from u! and how hard are they to install?

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 09:45 PM
and cocoa! if my fuel pump was fucked...would my car have good power? and also its hard to start it back up after it dies....could it be spark plugs man? hmmmmmmmmmmm

cocoabrova
09-03-2002, 10:00 PM
if my fuel pump was fucked...would my car have good power?

Yes it could still have good power at startup, but then when the pump heats up after driving for awhile, it just starts slowing down, which cause a major drop in fuel pressure, therefore making your car unable to restart.

also its hard to start it back up after it dies....could it be spark plugs man? hmmmmmmmmmmm

And yes too. If your plugs are fouled, this would cause hard starting hot OR cold. But like I said b4, a fuel system prob could cause the hard-starting too... You haven't done a tune-up yet??:banghead: :rofl: Maybe do a proper tune-up first i.e. plugs (don't use anything else but BOSCH), cap/rotor, air filter (unless you're using a K & N of course), fuel filter, then get your timing checked and set to factory specs. Once you've done the tune-up, then you can start diagnosing the fuel-related problem, unless of course, it went away with the tune-up shit :thumbsup:

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 10:07 PM
hehe ya im gonna bring her in tommorow and get a ride to school! fuck this shit!! hehe get a nice tune up done!

Alpine Autowerks
09-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Maybe it is the flux capacitor

whats the tach doing, if it reads the revs as the engine winds down (try to check by coasting in gear when it is cut out) then it is fuel system(f.p. relay, pump). if it drops like the power cord just got yanked then it is electrical( hall sensor, hybrid module, ign. switch)

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 10:21 PM
it just goes down medium speed.....hmm thx for your input man! but it only seems to cut out when its at low rpm? like below 3000.......i cant coast in gear....it just dies

Audi Kid
09-03-2002, 10:27 PM
BUT sometimes if i pump the pedal i can get my revs back! its soooo wierd shit!

Audi Kid
09-04-2002, 05:41 PM
i think it was a bad tank of gas i put 20 bucks premium esso and it went away..yes!! :D