PDA

View Full Version : Saggy pants, not a crime

Godfuader
07-30-2010, 09:51 PM
It should be though!

NEW YORK - A New York judge has thrown out a summons issued to a man for wearing saggy pants, saying the U.S. Constitution protected people’s right to dress as they please, even if they looked ridiculous doing so.

The ruling was in response to a citation Julio Martinez of the Bronx received last April for wearing his pants so low his underwear could be seen, according to court documents obtained by Reuters on Thursday.

The arresting officer wrote that Martinez’s fashion style was in itself disorderly since he had “his pants down below his buttocks exposing underwear potentially showing private parts,” according to Wednesday’s decision.

But Judge Ruben Franco disagreed, saying even though the look was outrageous, it did not offend public order and decency.

“While most of us may consider it distasteful, and indeed foolish, to wear one’s pants so low as to expose the underwear ... ‘people can dress as they please, wear anything, so long as they do not offend public order and decency,”’ Criminal Court Judge Ruben Franco wrote in People v. Martinez.

Low-hanging pants have roots in the prison system, where inmates are issued uniforms that are often too big, but are not allowed belts for safety reasons, according to the decision.

Tired of seeing these little thugs using their pants to create a butt-cleavage. Alot of them have them fitted now so that they intentionally under the cheeks. I am all for odd fashion expression, especially the shit you see in New York, but this trend is fucking retarded. :thumbsdow

http://www.torontosun.com/life/fashion/2010/07/29/14867946.html

2Valve0
07-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
It should be though!

Tired of seeing these little thugs using their pants to create a butt-cleavage. Alot of them have them fitted now so that they intentionally under the cheeks. I am all for odd fashion expression, especially the shit you see in New York, but this trend is fucking retarded. :thumbsdow

http://www.torontosun.com/life/fashion/2010/07/29/14867946.html

So are you saying the judge is wrong? You did not really comment on the article you posted at all other then you did not like the trend he was fined for.

broken_legs
07-30-2010, 10:22 PM
“While most of us may consider it distasteful, and indeed foolish, to wear one’s pants so low as to expose the underwear ... ‘people can dress as they please, wear anything, so long as they do not offend public order and decency,”’ Criminal Court Judge Ruben Franco wrote in People v. Martinez.

There you go. 'The Man' says its OK to dress how ever you want. Send this out to the kids and they'll figure out it's not cool anymore.

Originally posted by Godfuader
Saggy pants, not a crime
It should be though!

Originally posted by 2Valve0

So are you saying the judge is wrong? You did not really comment on the article you posted at all other then you did not like the trend he was fined for.

maxomilll
07-30-2010, 10:56 PM
:whocares:

Zigo
07-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Pants on the ground! Pants on the ground! Looking like a foo with your pants on the ground!

DayGlow
07-31-2010, 06:53 AM
What a short-sighted cop. I love these kids with their low hanging pants. If the do commit a crime and try to run, hilarity always follows.

Godfuader
07-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

I think the fashion police would have thrown him jail.

Originally posted by DayGlow
What a short-sighted cop. I love these kids with their low hanging pants. If the do commit a crime and try to run, hilarity always follows.
:rofl: Just getting a mental picture of that!

sexualbanana
07-31-2010, 08:26 AM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/saggin1.jpg