PDA

View Full Version : I am SICK and TIRED of SCAMMERS

A790
07-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Beyond;

This is my declaration of war against those individuals who decide that scamming is an acceptable way to conduct themselves. Sean Banerjee, Josh Orde, The Claw, Nick Purchase... the list is long and disgusting.

That is why I have just purchased http://www.stopbeingscammed.com. I intend to store information related to the activities of known scammers across North America and oust any and all information that may help them become identified and/or responsible for their actions.

Any help is appreciated. PM me if you're interested.

I will update this post with useful links as the site is developed.

vengie
07-31-2010, 01:46 PM
THIS idea I like, pm me with what help you need and I'll see if I can be of some assistance.

sr20s14zenki
07-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Good idea man, people need something like this. Its almost like a CarFax, if people use it , it will help bust the individuals who are up to no good. Wanna buy something used? Throw the sellers name in stopbeingscammed.com

:thumbsup:

Kloubek
07-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Good job Cam - though you can probably expect lawsuits... much like Beyond does. (But Beyond has the funds to fight them.)

I agree though. There are entirely too many people out there getting scammed... and unfortunately, they are usually the people that can least afford it.

Type_S1
07-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Good Job man Kudo's for you stepping up and fighting the scammers

A790
07-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by vengie
THIS idea I like, pm me with what help you need and I'll see if I can be of some assistance.
I need people who can code. I want people to be able to post things to the site, but not in a forum fashion. Similar to ripoffreport.com.

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Good idea man, people need something like this. Its almost like a CarFax, if people use it , it will help bust the individuals who are up to no good. Wanna buy something used? Throw the sellers name in stopbeingscammed.com

:thumbsup:
Bingo. I also intend to host information about known scams, things to watch out for, etc.

Originally posted by Kloubek
Good job Cam - though you can probably expect lawsuits... much like Beyond does. (But Beyond has the funds to fight them.)

I agree though. There are entirely too many people out there getting scammed... and unfortunately, they are usually the people that can least afford it.
Yea, lawsuits can happen, but I'm going to cover my legal ass as much as possible. :)

Zewind
07-31-2010, 02:46 PM
I love :thumbsup:

Anything you need help with, I will try

(Cant code so maybe something else)

A790
07-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Zewind
I love :thumbsup:

Anything you need help with, I will try

(Cant code so maybe something else)
Content on popular scams? ebay, paypal, kjiji, etc...

PulsePro
07-31-2010, 05:04 PM
I can code a bit. PM'd

kvg
07-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Great job!!!:thumbsup:

[Yu]
07-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Cool site, will try to post everyday scams if there are ones are not on there already.

dsr7723
07-31-2010, 05:34 PM
PM me and I'll tell you where to send $149.95 CAD for a list/database of 1000+ scam victims that are willing to share their stories and provide content for your website.

LMAO but seriously, nice work, hope some POS's get exposed/shut down.

dsr7723
07-31-2010, 05:35 PM
damn quote tab too close to the edit tab fuck sorry....

Shlade
07-31-2010, 06:21 PM
How much did this cost you? Been curious for these sorta things

Kloubek
07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
...for a domain name? Unless he bought it from a domain "scalper", probably somewhere about $10/yr....

A790
07-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
...for a domain name? Unless he bought it from a domain "scalper", probably somewhere about $10/yr....
Bingo.

Critical
07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
The idea is good, but wouldn't this flood beyond with tons of threads about scammers? (People signing up just for help)

A790
07-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Critical
The idea is good, but wouldn't this flood beyond with tons of threads about scammers? (People signing up just for help)
StopBeingScammed.com has nothing to do with beyond. It's a completely separate website.

Critical
07-31-2010, 07:14 PM
I understand that haha I was thinking more like 'Beyond' member made it. But nvm. :D

CUG
07-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh Boss man, bless your heart :thumbsup:

AndyL
07-31-2010, 10:22 PM
:clap: Go A790!

I'm sure you know this - but make sure you can search by email / name / phone number... I'd love it if someone would do a site to review kijiji sellers - good or bad...

As for the craigslist/etc nigerian scams - I actually heard from the CPS on friday... I guess their commercial crimes unit is getting tired of bogus cheques/ money orders addressed to Ssgt Dewey Screwemandhowe. LMAO asked me to use the RCMP's address instead - not their jurisdiction. :facepalm:

broken_legs
08-01-2010, 01:11 AM
You're doing a service to all.

Keep up the good work! :)

CMW403
08-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Wow A790, this is an awesome idea. I'm not sure what coding is, but if you need any help whatsoever please feel free to pm me. I'm eager to help.

HyperZell
08-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Don't forget about Jeremy Mani!

CUG
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
It's alive! Cool site :D Let me know if you want some written data.

403Gemini
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Gallery of fine cars anyone? ;)

Awesome idea man!! :thumbsup:

Just have to make sure you do some homework though before you go and post tons of info on some people, after all I could just toss up a ton of illegitimate info on a person and say they scammed me even if they didn't... so essentially scammers calling somebody else scammers to a scamming website... scamming bastards.... :rofl:

Nissan_Fanboy
08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
There should be like a proven scammed section,
a warning section.
Like have a database of like highest to lowest scams/scammers so its not giving people the wrong impression about a little scam compared to a big one.
Just a though, but yes, if you need any help, i would be up for a challenge.

-Chase

A790
08-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Just a quick update: have finished the navigational plan for the site. Definitely need content written. If you're bored and feel like writing up some content, let me know.

Any contributors get their own user account and all that fun stuff. :)

syscal
08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
What a great idea, we could all get together and keep track of the good companies and the ones that are ripped off. We could rank the companies based on complaint response and then people will be aware of who to look out for before they hire them...we could call it the Better Business...B....something....it feels like we need three B's instead of the two...

kidding, I get it, it's a place for scammers and not just companies and rip off's.

I had to say it though!