PDA

View Full Version : Car Lift group buy. Approved by Kenny

00redLUDE
07-31-2010, 11:13 PM
So I will be buying a car lift from carlift.ca in the next little while and on their website they say that if you buy at least 2 car lift they will take an extra $100 off each car lift.

http://www.carlift.ca/carlift_fortress.php#groupdiscount

Is anyone interested in getting a group buy together for this? Really just need one more person who wants one to get the discount.

Suppose to be a very DIY install, so if we have enough people involved we could try to set up at DIY install day where everyone who bought one would meet and go from garage to garage to set the lift up.

http://www.carlift.ca/carlift_fortress.php#setup

Otherwise they have people who can set it up for you.

Here is a beyond thread about the company. It seems very comparable to lift king but car lift has a better price point.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/228716/good-4-post-lift/

2EFNFAST
07-31-2010, 11:34 PM
directlift.ca > carlift.ca

I'm happy with my pro park 8 (directlift) .... it's fairly easy to install yourself with some help.

Revhard
07-31-2010, 11:37 PM
I have a carlift and am happy with it. Easier to install than the liftking models. I've see Alex's lift, never noticed much difference from mine.
That said, look into both yourself.

2EFNFAST
08-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Revhard
I have a carlift and am happy with it. Easier to install than the liftking models. I've see Alex's lift, never noticed much difference from mine.
That said, look into both yourself.

I noticed a few (minor) differences between ours - from what I recall, it was something with the locking mechanism and the lock ladders (can't recall what specifically at the moment)

When I was searching between the two (several years ago) I found several people who were unhappy with their carlift one, but can't remember the specifics.

That being said, I can see where unhappy comments can come from - you're pretty much SOL on technical support. I know they have teams around here (had one come and visit once) that do tech support, but really, seemed to me that you're on your own figuring out any issues you might have. (I had some initial problems getting it even and having the release jam nut keep popping out)

But definately easier to assemble than the lift king - I remember reading their manual once and was like '???WTF???' half the time. With these, the biggest thing I think is just getting the ramps and ladders into the right initial position. The ladder/columns arn't overly heavily, but those ramps are a SOB. I ended up scooting them around on my floor jack

I remember when setting mine up, we saved the release mechanism bar (this 20ft long bar, joined in the middle with a coupler) until the end ..... of course it would have been helpful to remember the bar at the beginning, which we didn't, so my dad and I had to scoot the damn thing over 90* after it'd been assembled just to get that stupid rod inplace :rofl:

anothers10
08-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Count me in.

95teetee
08-01-2010, 08:20 AM
so we're talking $2495 if more than one are bought?

I'll mention it to my brother, I'm sure he'd be interested...

AndyL
08-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Heh, do I see a whole bunch of people needing garage door retrofits to create clearance? :angel:

Cody D
08-01-2010, 09:24 AM
I had no problem assembling my Lift King lift.

2EFNFAST
08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
Heh, do I see a whole bunch of people needing garage door retrofits to create clearance? :angel:

High lift doors are awesome! :clap: (for 1200 they better be though!)

AndyL
08-01-2010, 12:06 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/281422/garage-doors-if-youre-still-planning-that-garage-/

Yes they are - but not the only option :) Working out the engineering with one guy right now where we're actually going to run the door inside his scissor trusses - door open you'll only see the bottom weatherstrip in a little 6" notch :)

2EFNFAST
08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/281422/garage-doors-if-youre-still-planning-that-garage-/

Yes they are - but not the only option :) Working out the engineering with one guy right now where we're actually going to run the door inside his scissor trusses - door open you'll only see the bottom weatherstrip in a little 6" notch :)

Looks fascinating, but me thinks 1200 for a highlift + jackshaft opener is going to be cheaper and easier to retrofit :D

AndyL
08-01-2010, 01:04 PM
depends on what you're quoted and what it includes... Yeah - with custom engineering & into a ceiling slot + garaga hitech + highlift & pitch, installed, wired, 3800 opener, we're up over 4800 :)

00redLUDE
08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by anothers10
Count me in.

Check pm

Nope. Already have a garage with a high lift door and a high ceiling so I'm good!! :D

Sorath
08-03-2010, 12:57 AM
i`d be in. just let me know when, and what pricing

its minus 100 off each lift per person in for the group buy?

00redLUDE
08-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
so we're talking $2495 if more than one are bought?

I'll mention it to my brother, I'm sure he'd be interested...
See below

Originally posted by Sorath
i`d be in. just let me know when, and what pricing

its minus 100 off each lift per person in for the group buy?
check pm

So I called the number on the carlift.ca website and there is this company called directshops.ca that does the selling of these lifts. They have a wholesale pricing list that is different from the carlift.ca website. They base it on the total $ amount and NOT how many lifts are being purchase. This is the info. I was given.

CarLift.ca
Product amount before discount Discount amount
$0 - $4,999.99 Web Retail Price
$5,000.00 - $9,999.99 10%
$10,000.00 - $14,999.99 12%
$15,000.00 - $19,999.99 15%
$20,000.00 + 18%
Freight Actual
Pickup Discount 0%

So you are looking at a savings of at least $200 if you get the cheapest 4 post lift. I'm going to be getting the fortress and the rolling jack and another member is looking at the king and rolling jack. This is enough to get the 10% discount.

They have a person that can go and pick up the lift, deliver and install the lift for ~$500. However, I think we can arrange for our own delivery and can install ourselves.

Only thing they want is payment other than credit card otherwise there is an extra 3% charge

REQUIREMENTS
- All currency is quoted in CAD funds.
- All prices do not include GST.
- All prices do not include freight except where noted.
- “Freight prepaid” means to the closest terminal in a major Canadian city.
- Products are FOB Calgary, AB or Toronto, ON at the discretion of
DirectShops.
- Pickup Discount is applied only when the product is picked up from our locally
operated warehouse. The discount is applied to the sub total of the invoice.
- Mixed orders will have the values summed at the highest bracket.
- Mixed orders will receive the lowest discount percentage based on purchase
amount.
- Special offer or sale price products do not qualify for wholesale discounts.
- Product amounts and discounts are based per order.
- No product back orders allowed.
- Payment methods accepted are certified cheque, money order, bank draft,
direct deposit or cash.
- Credit card payments are subject to a 3% administration fee.
- All pricing, discounts and information subject to change without notice.

Looking to make this happen sometime in September so let me know if you are in and I'll keep everyone updated