PDA

View Full Version : Face Time Waiting For Activation?

PulsePro
08-01-2010, 02:03 AM
If so, call rogers and tell them to remove the mms from your account and add it back on. That should solve any issues and will activate it

PulsePro
08-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Actually go to Settings > General > About and Update Carrier Settings until you get to Rogers 7.2

AaronK
08-02-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/iphone-4-how-to-fix-facetime-waiting-for-activation/

this is the easiest fix...

K3RMiTdot
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
We went on Wi-Fi
We did a hard power down (holding down sleep + home until the power off slider appeared).
We rebooted.

taken from tipb.com

Eleanor
08-03-2010, 05:29 PM
How many people actually use this feature?

I know everyone's ranting and raving about it, but you can only use it over Wi-Fi, which means you probably have a laptop kicking about. With Skype. Also, everyone complaining about no use over 3G? This program chews data like it's going out of style. Don't get it :dunno:

Tik-Tok
08-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
How many people actually use this feature?

I know everyone's ranting and raving about it, but you can only use it over Wi-Fi, which means you probably have a laptop kicking about. With Skype. Also, everyone complaining about no use over 3G? This program chews data like it's going out of style. Don't get it :dunno:

Because in other places, free wi-fi (or unsecure wi-fi anyways) is widely available.

Eleanor
08-03-2010, 07:05 PM
^ So you'd want to video chat with someone in some public place? Still don't get it. Oh well.

Tik-Tok
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
^ So you'd want to video chat with someone in some public place? Still don't get it. Oh well.

Personally, no, I don't even like talking on a phone :rofl: , but I can see it's appeal to frequent business travelers.

sabad66
08-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I thought the same as you, until I finally tried it... It's actually pretty cool. And in my case (and a lot of others), I have a 6GB data plan that I normally only use 250MB of, so I'd definitely use it more if it was available over 3G.

There's actually already a hack to make it work over 3G, but I'm gonna wait until more people have it to pay for the app.