PDA

View Full Version : anorexia of a different kind.

RecoilS14
08-02-2010, 02:51 AM
This is kind of hard to explain and even harder to talk about, as i've never met anyone other than myself with a condition like i have.

Dec 2008: I got really stressed out and whenever i ate, i would become nauseated and wouldnt eat. this went on for about two months. I lost well over 20lbs.

Mid 2009: I start eating normal again and slowly start putting weight on again, however something is different. Whenever i start to feel hungry, i ignore it now. I know should eat, and if i do get up to get food, I will eat. But if i dont get up and eat, i'll put it off for hours untill the hunger pain is too much to deal with.

Early 2010: I got myself a gym membership, started eating a lot more, felt good and started to see some size come back.

Today: Stopped going to the gym back in June (couldnt afford anymore) I barely eat once a day, when hunger strikes i get all depressed and self loathing. It makes me sick thinking about trying to eat. then when i do manage to start eating, i can only eat small portions. (yes i know, my stomach has shrunk, but its not that)

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why, since 2008, have i developed a hate on for eating and started to be hungry all the time and keep that as the norm?

I'm starting to get very angry about this, as i have shrunk down to 130lbs from 180lbs+ since dec 2008.

Lex350
08-02-2010, 11:24 AM
how about going to see a doctor?

wardpr68
08-02-2010, 11:26 AM
it sounds like it started off as a physical problem and has now turned into a psychological problem.

Definitely go see a doctor.... you shouldnt even have to ask.

wintonyk
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
+1 for the doctor. Seems like you have developed a food aversion to all food. Basically what that means is that you are associating the food with the sick feelings which just reinforces itself.

I wish you luck. It could be a food allergy or intolerance or a gi condition as well. There is so many different path's it could be.

Cascade
08-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Go to McDonalds.. I'm lovin' it. Serious, I go there and can't stop eating. Mm, filet o fish!!

Kardon
08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Have you tried gettin yo muchies on? :thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
08-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I'll agree you should get yourself to a doctor. This could be an early symptom of something more serious going on in your body or your mind. either way, you don't want to wait around until it gets worse.

sputnik
08-03-2010, 03:55 PM
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=calgary+to+ponoka&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=49.524138,94.482422&ie=UTF8&z=8

thinmyster
08-03-2010, 04:03 PM
smoke weed

Jetta-2.0
08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
u need sex in ur life and yeah see a doctor :love:

bimmere92
08-04-2010, 10:03 AM
i agree with some of the above comments...

Smoke a J!

BigMass
08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
lack of activity suppresses appetite. When you work out you increase your metabolism and naturally want to eat more. When you do nothing your metabolism slows down and you don’t feel like eating as much because your energy requirements become extremely low. I don’t know if you do anything but sit around the house but that can be a huge factor mentally and physically. Most people get fat because they sit around the house, do nothing and quell their boredom with eating and snacking. That is not healthy or normal. If you do nothing, you should be eating less. However, if you are hungry you should eat. I’ve often felt hungry and not ate out of pure laziness. Don’t stress so much about it unless it’s effecting your health negatively, such as being or feeling sick. By all means go to a doctor and get a general check up with bloodwork and piss tests. If they all check out don’t force the doctor into to cure something that may not be an issue.

PS. The more you think about something you feel is a problem the more it will become a problem. Same goes for many conditions. Even if eating was not an issue for you, it is now because you’re stressing over it and every time you eat it’s on your mind. You should see a doctor just for your peace of mind so you can begin to relax when dealing with eating.

Also i don't think weed will help in this specific case because to me it sounds like it's become a mental issue and not a physical one.

Kloubek
08-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Beyond is certainly not the place you should be seeking advice for something of this magnitude. +1 for doctor!

-relk-
08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
Also i don't think weed will help in this specific case because to me it sounds like it's become a mental issue and not a physical one.

But the munchies do manifest in a mental form...

kvg
08-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Beyond is certainly not the place you should be seeking advice for something of this magnitude. +1 for doctor!

+1 for sure

Good luck, get better

Disoblige
08-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey man, please go see a doctor. The last thing we want to see is that you fainted or something in the middle of the street one day. Health first.