PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1998 C5 Corvette

Kloubek
08-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, after being stood up about 6 times in an attempt to trade a Beyond member for his car, I think it has become apparent it isn't going to happen. And with the FD and the Z32 sitting in the garage, the wife is none too happy about me sitting on three sports cars. Two of them have to go, and my c5 is now on the block too.

This car is not mint, but is in good condition and just passed an out of province a few weeks back. Does have a few scuffs here and there, but a cut polish would go a long way. Comes from California - so no underbody rust, and has never had a branded title. Look at my feedback, and you'll see I don't screw around - there is no issues to speak of with this car.

With $800 in exhaust mods, it sounds INCREDIBLE. This car is everything you expect it to be. It's a Vette. It is VERY fast, and has ridiculous torque. Believe it or not, you can drive
in 6th on the highway - just above idle. This gets you about 29-30 mpg on the highway. In town is very good too, if you use that
torque without a lot of gas. I can get about 21mpg. If you gun it everywhere your economy will plummet. But let's face it - you will want "drive" it every once in a while.... otherwise, you might as well buy a Corolla.

The handling on this car is simply phenominal. z06 brakes with slotted/drilled rotors up front. Stops exceptionally well with no rotor pulse.

I believe this car comes with every option available in 98 - including side moldings, fog lamps, dual-zone climate control,
adjustable sport suspension, and active handling. (Traction & Stability contol) It also has had the pop-up lights converted to a much sleeker, brighter, and more reliable projector
style. Finally, it has had the original wheels replaced with mint c6 wheels. This is also the coupe model, which comes with the convertiblish targa roof.

This car has a fantastic stereo setup with sub, amps, mp3/cd deck, and ipod. (comes with) Worth a coupe of grand by itself, but it is built-in so I will not part it out.

This Vette has decent miles on it - 90,000. Mileage converts to about 150 mainly highway kms.

*might* entertain trades, plus significant cash. NO RHD.

I am going to price this better than any 98+ I've seen for sale in Calgary. Something has to go!

$16,900.

http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/corvette1.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/corvette2.jpg

SVT-Racing
08-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Kloubek
08-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Bumpity.

Kloubek
08-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Bump. $16,490.

Kloubek
08-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Bump - $15,900 Firm for beyond members. Gotta lose one of my cars in a big way!

Somebody has to know someone who always wanted a C5, and now is the chance to buy one cheap!

Kloubek
09-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Well, due to a mishap with the targa top, the price can now afford to go lower. It is damaged on the front side, about 3 inches from the front edge, and about .5"X1.5ft of area. Flaked paint and stressed fiberglass, but still intact and not even visible from a distance away. Most will still want to fix it though.

$15490.

Second cheapest c5 in the province is at 17k for a '97 (Less calibrated F45 suspension and no active handling) with more k. Fix the roof, and save $1000 on the better car.

Kloubek
09-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Might be willing to move *slightly* on the price - even though it is already the lowest anywhere. Then you can sell it in the spring and make money.

Accord_tunerx
09-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Kloubek
09-28-2010, 10:18 PM
$14,990 firm. Will not go lower. You can fix the few minor issues over the winter, and sell for a 2-3g profit in the spring!

Shlade
10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Do you have any normal pics of the car?

Also interior and exterior pictures would be nice.

Do you have the stock headlights?

Kloubek
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Well, besides being blurred out, I'd say the existing pics are fairly "normal". But sure... here are some more. The first pic makes the interior look darker than it really is...

http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/corvette3.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/corvette4.jpg

No, I do not have the original lights. Good riddance - they throw less light and are prone to failure.

Cos
10-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Any clue how much a set of replacement lights would cost? Interested in this but honestly hate the headlights you have on it right now.

Kloubek
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Really? I love them! Each to their own though I guess.

I really don't know how much it would cost to put back to stock. You'd really have to find one being wrecked/salvaged, I figure - buying new assemblies from GM would be ridiculously priced.

Originally posted by tobypaddock

Im sure there would be no shortage of c5 owners that would trade you straight up - when i was looking at a c5 awhile ago i liked the look of these aftermarket lights, but they are far from cheap!

Good point.

Edit:

ASKING $550-$600/pr on Craigslist:

http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/1910576454.html
http://semo.craigslist.org/pts/1985522300.html

tobypaddock
10-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Any clue how much a set of replacement lights would cost? Interested in this but honestly hate the headlights you have on it right now.

Im sure there would be no shortage of c5 owners that would trade you straight up - when i was looking at a c5 awhile ago i liked the look of these aftermarket lights, but they are far from cheap!

corsvette
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Cos

If it helps i have a set of factory headlight assemblys i would sell cheap (ie: reasonable offer) As long as i can find them around the shop, its been a few years since i've seen them but i'm sure they're somewhere in my "mess"

BTW- they are black covers

frozty
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
would you go $12.000...it would be a good project to keep me busy.....PM please..

Graham_A_M
10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
PM me your number, I'll tell my co-workers about it.

Kloubek
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by frozty
would you go $12.000...it would be a good project to keep me busy.....PM please..

$14,990 firm. Will not go lower. What those two statements mean to you? How about this... how about I lower it to five grand for you. Just for you because you're so special. Then you can take the extra 10 grand and buy the biggest dildo in the world, then jam is right up my ass, because proverbially you'd be doing that anyway at 12g.

In case you can't read between the lines, NO. This is already likely to be the best priced C5 in Canada, so why would I go any lower? I'm not an idiot... really.

Graham: Thanks man. It's on its way.

X_EVO_X
10-04-2010, 11:46 PM

Graham_A_M
10-05-2010, 08:14 PM
^ I talked to my co-worker, hes very interested, but has to sell his current vette first. I'll try to get some more details and get you two connected. :thumbsup:

Kloubek
10-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Still available!

Come on guys... where else are you going for find a C5 for under 15g? That's right... NOWHERE.

Kloubek
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Just picked up a transparent top. Now it comes with two tops. (Albiet one slightly damaged).

Kloubek
11-10-2010, 07:37 PM
With MUCH regret, this is now sold. Good deal.

EDIT: Apparently, I was incorrect. While the car DID sell, his parents are shitting bricks about him getting a Corvette, and he's bringing it back. I know, I know, I don't HAVE to take it back - but I don't want the guy to get in shit with his parents either.

So, it is back up for sale.

Note: Mods, this is for real and I would not have posted if it didn't sell - please don't dock me!

Kloubek
02-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Well, the weather is off again, on again, and some people might be interested in getting in on this car before it *really* gets warm, and the value increases.

$14,990 - absolutely firm. It has thousands in extras and is by far the best C5 deal I've ever seen.

GOnSHO
02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
do you have pictures of the transparent top??

Kloubek
02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't. But it's a black transparent top - not much to see. (Looks blue from the inside, but black from the outside.)

Looks like this:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1324/5153664524_c752cce46a.jpg

black300
02-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Pm'd

Kloubek
03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
bump

Not really interested in trades, and I wish people would stop offering me vehicles worth less, expecting a straight-across trade. Why would I do that? Is this Kijiji or Beyond?!

A790
03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Roof fixed?

Any notable damage?

Any mechanical issues?

cars5431
03-27-2011, 09:34 PM
is this still for sale?

Kloubek
03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
A790: Painted roof is not fixed, but still works. Transparent top I bought as a replacement is just fine.

A little paint peeling by rear licence plate, and some scuffs here and there. (Hey, it *is* the cheapest C5 around)

Runs and drives perfect.

Yes, it is still for sale.

Kloubek
04-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Pending sale. *Really* surprised it took this long, given the price.

Originally posted by GOnSHO
good luck, looks like a great car! im looking at getting into a vette within the next year..

Thanks - it's a weird sale. Site unseen. However, he's RBC customer-to-customer transferred me the deposit, so it seems legit. Problem is, he wants me to hold if for over a month until he is out of camp.

Anyway, don't hesitate to get a C5 man. Hard to get a similar reliable performance vehicle for the price, and every day you walk out to it it puts a bit of a smile on your face.... :)

GOnSHO
04-06-2011, 09:00 AM

waypastfast
04-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Did the sale go through?

davidI
04-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by waypastfast
Did the sale go through?

Ditto. I'm finally back in Calgary and would have jumped on this month's ago had I been here previously!

Kloubek
04-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Weird situation. The guy is in camp apparently in Northern Alberta. He gave me a $1500 customer-to-customer RBC down payment, but says he can't pick it up until June 1st at the latest.

So, it *appears* to be sold, but if he doesn't finalize the sale at that time I'll post here again.

spikerS
04-26-2011, 11:03 PM
If you still have this after my divorce, I want it. lol

Please let me know if the sale happens or not man.

Str1der
04-27-2011, 10:56 AM
I honestly can't believe that you would hold it for over a month. That's crazy.

Kloubek
04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Almost two months, actually.

It was a tough call. I had a guaranteed sale. This means I didn't have to show the car to anyone else, and didn't have to worry about someone dickering me on the already low price. (People don't seem to get what "firm" means). In fact, this guy gave me an extra $200 to hold it for an extra month.

The car is sitting with only parking insurance in my garage, so I don't have to deal with people test driving it illegally.

I also was able to get the $1500 down payment right away, which is coming in handy with renoing my basement.

On the other hand, I probably could have had it out of my garage by now if I just waited and sold it outright. But since that was not guaranteed, I went with selling it to this guy.

Best case scenario for me: He breeches the contract and I simply sell it to someone else. But really, I don't see that happening... but if it does, I will be in touch with a couple of you.

Originally posted by Str1der
So if he doesn't buy it, will you keep the deposit? If not, that really is crazy. Even if you do keep the deposit, two months of time and prime summer opportunity is completely wasted, and you're still left in a mid-season market.

If that happens, of course I'll keep the deposit. (Although who puts down 1.5g and then walks?). I'm confident even in a month I can still sell this for 15g. It's the lowest anywhere and is in overall pretty good shape. I'd gladly have to store a car in my garage for 2 months in return for $1500.

Str1der
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
So if he doesn't buy it, will you keep the deposit? If not, that really is crazy. Even if you do keep the deposit, two months of time and prime summer opportunity is completely wasted, and you're still left in a mid-season market.

Kloubek
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Well, what a shitshow.

Guy asked for a day extension after the 2 months. Sure. Didn't show up. I get in touch with him, and he says his father in law was ill and he would come the day after. Called to ask for an extra day. Sure. Then he tells me his father in law died. I don't actually believe him, but I give him 3 more days to be with his wife, with Sunday (today) being the last day to pick it up.

He agrees, but never shows up.

Screw this - he just paid $1500 for nothing. And I got $750/month for storage.

The Vette is back up for sale. And to get rid of it quickly (and because I just made some cash), the price is now $14,490 firm. A good deal just got better yo.

Come get it!

Next time you require business advice, feel free to pm me. It won't be free, but you'll end up further ahead.

Thanks - but I still think making an extra grand over was I was originally going to get for the car was a pretty sound business move.

Str1der
06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
So if he doesn't buy it, will you keep the deposit? If not, that really is crazy. Even if you do keep the deposit, two months of time and prime summer opportunity are completely wasted, and you're still left in a mid-season market.

Next time you require business advice, feel free to pm me. It won't be free, but you'll end up further ahead.

spikerS
06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
I just got your PM, I will see what I can do, but it is going to be sketchy with the divorce. I was hoping to be further along with that than I am now.

parabs
06-06-2011, 01:59 AM
www.maauctions.com

Sell it there. They get decent money for C5's there.

Kloubek
06-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Still for sale. A cool $100 to whoever finds me a buyer.

PremiumRSX
06-13-2011, 08:03 PM

rnd121
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Sent you a pm

Kloubek
06-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Sold.