PDA

View Full Version : First ticket I've gotten in a long time, need advice!

SpeedIllusion
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I have a ticket for going 73km/h in a 50km/h zone heading southbound on 14 Street and Northmount Drive NW. The picture shows my car and a truck in the intersection(completely, but we aren't beside eachother). I know there are two red light cameras at that intersection, one facing north on 14th and sone facing south on 14th. I drive 14th street every day to get to work and I don't speed through that intersection for fear of getting caught by the camera.

I was thinking the it might have been a green light camera that took the pictures, but the ticket says it was issued by an officer(I was not pulled over).

What are my options at this point?

Disoblige
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Photo radar by roadside van? But looks like you were caught red handed by something regardless of what the paper says.

Just pay the ticket. It's a small fee because it does not cost demerits, which means no effect on insurance.

SpeedIllusion
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't recall seeing a van, but there is a small parking lot for a van to hide. Your absolutely right it has no demerits and yes it's only $147, but if it was the truck that was speeding, why should I pay for their mistake?

Disoblige
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Did you recall seeing a flash? Hmm.. But with speed on green, don't they say which lane you are on?

With photo radar by Van, usually they only take a picture of one car.

Xtrema
08-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SpeedIllusion
I don't recall seeing a van, but there is a small parking lot for a van to hide. Your absolutely right it has no demerits and yes it's only $147, but if it was the truck that was speeding, why should I pay for their mistake?

That's sounds like speed on green/red light camera which can determine lanes that are speeding.

The radar van on 14th usually is another 1/2 block down from Northmount drive or it would be a cop hiding behind bus shelter by 24th ave.

Unless you have time to waste, pay it and move on.

Photo radar (Van) usually ignore pictures that have 2 vehicles. Speed on green doesn't.

3drian
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Photo radar (Van) usually ignore pictures that have 2 vehicles. Speed on green doesn't.

QFT

just pay the ticket i know it sucks.. but u get no demerits and you wont be wasting your time

schocker
08-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I got one from that location last week :rofl:
There are two cameras, the sensors in the road can judge which lane was speeding and what speed they were doing hence how it knows to take your picture and that you were the speeder. I think you are just confusing the part of how it was reviewed by an officer, as they look it over and determine to send out the ticket. Mine has a name and badge # on it of the reviewing officer.

SpeedIllusion
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Definitely don't recall seeing a flash, I've seen those flashes before and they are very noticeable and bright in your rear view mirror.

The ticket shows 2 pictures; the first one with my car and the truck and then the second one just showed my car zoomed in by itself.

SpeedIllusion
08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Alright, I guess it's not worth it for me to take a day off and attempt to fight it.

Thanks for everyone's input, I've learned something new today!

bignerd
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Can't you tell if your vehicle is in the intersection (speed on green) or further down the road (photo radar van) from the picture?

SpeedIllusion
08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm in the intersection.

rc2002
08-03-2010, 11:26 PM
If it really has been a long time since your last ticket, I'm sure the crown prosecutor will reduce your ticket for you. You have to decide if it's worth standing in line for since there are no demerit points.

bignerd
08-03-2010, 11:48 PM
If you are in the intersection than it must be a red light/speed on green camera... easy enough to forget and not slow down.