PDA

View Full Version : Pretty epic video, makes you think...

GOnSHO
08-05-2010, 12:48 PM
eC2SBX2nnUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2SBX2nnUw

this video really makes you think about how you drive..

-relk-
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow some of those look real and i would not be surprised if they were... Does get you thinking. Can happen to anyone too

GQBalla
08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
disturbing.....but it does make you want to drive safe

JfuckinC
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by -relk-
Wow some of those look real and i would not be surprised if they were... Does get you thinking. Can happen to anyone too

Some of those are real. They're the ones that make my stomach get that heavy feeling :(

Tarrantula
08-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Fuck I hate Pedestrians. Seriously. They only get killed because they are walking to slow.

jake1er
08-05-2010, 01:52 PM
That video literally made me sick to stomach at points.

Im 21 years old, I've known 3 people my age that have died, all 3 died in car/bike accidents...

GOnSHO
08-05-2010, 01:54 PM
for real, some of those are just gut wrenching..

gives you goose bumps..

torob
08-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Video is older than Queen Elizabeth

However a Very moving and good one though

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Pedestrians need to be just as alert as the drivers, they put all the owness on the drivers in that video.

Dumbass17
08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
i got to the part where the girl gets pinned up by her boyfriend/car (no not a transformer) against the concerte wall and i had to turn it off

so sad

GOnSHO
08-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
i got to the part where the girl gets pinned up by her boyfriend/car (no not a transformer) against the concerte wall and i had to turn it off

so sad

that was definitely the hardest part to watch of this video

Xtrema
08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Seems to be a compilation of PSA ads around the world and some real footages with a sound track.

This is why we'll never have flying cars.

Mibz
08-05-2010, 03:06 PM
The part with the guy getting crushed against his girlfriend is a separate commercial played quite often in the UK. They take this shit seriously. I bet if North American TV showed shit like this all the time it would have an effect.

Kloubek
08-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
The part with the guy getting crushed against his girlfriend is a separate commercial played quite often in the UK. They take this shit seriously. I bet if North American TV showed shit like this all the time it would have an effect.

I dunno man - they've shown some real disturbing stuff on TV here. Have you seen the one where the person is pulled over, then the cop is taken out by another car? I also remember one where there is a smiling young couple, and then a truck comes from the passenger side and t-bones them.

Crazy compilation though. The ones that look like traffic cames and helicams are all real.... I've seen them before, and most of the people on those videos ended up getting killed. Very sad.

The truth is, half of accidents like these are caused by people driving like douches. The other half are true accidents, but still probably could have been avoided if people slowed down and paid more attention.

core_upt
08-05-2010, 03:33 PM
The UK/German/Australia PSA videos are intense - so much thought and detail in the shoot.
Some pretty haunting footage, both staged and real.

Just something to think about next time you go for a ride - though sadly most other people on the road don't.

Shlade
08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Vehicles are deadly machines..

Not everybody should have a license..

Ven
08-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I respond to calls like those weekly. Fortunately most is just vehicle damage, but every so often there's grotesque injury and/or fatality.

I feel really bad for the families because 90% is just completely avoidable. People just drive pissed off and self centered, and start doing really dumb things. It's pretty much all poor choices.

I've seen some unpleasant stuff, but wish I could take the general public with me to see what I witness. The toughest guys and coolest punks cry for their Mom's when being extracted worse than children and toddlers.

Shlade
08-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I take it you work for EMS Ven?

black13
08-05-2010, 06:57 PM
very very very....old but yea good vid. Although calgary drivers are generally very good at stopping for pedestrians.

And of course they don't show the homeless junkies running through streets without even looking getting hit.

old&slow
08-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Should be compulsory viewing for getting a license!

tehwegz
08-05-2010, 08:29 PM
when some people get behind the wheel they become animals. seriously.

brb thinking of the road as every man for himself. survival of the fastest.

Graham_A_M
08-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
Not everybody should have a license..

"Understatement of the year" award goes to.....

This video is VERY old, but damn good. Some of that footage is real, I remember it from other videos.

... you just have to drive smart and always be aware of what can happen given the worst case scenario. All in all it doesn't change my driving/riding habits at all though. :dunno:

ryder_23
08-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
I take it you work for EMS Ven?

or hes a gumby