PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Mazda 3 GT?

tfong
08-05-2010, 06:35 PM
If anyone has experience or knows someone with a 04 Mazda 3 GT model, can you tell me if the lock problem started that year and how do you know if it was fixed?

Also howmuch maintenance typically goes into the this car (more than normal, avg, low etc..)? I'm looking at some used models and trying to figure out the long term costs.

Thanks for your help Beyond :)

-TOFU-
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
You can go to a Mazda dealer with your VIN # and they should be able to tell you if the lock problem has been fixed I'm pretty sure that the lock problem did start in 2004, I had an 2005 Mazda3 GT and Ive just done oil changes and the required service that was recommended and never had any problems, one thing that I do remember was that the A/C wasnt as cold in the 2004 models and the dealer installed some sort of condenser or something like that.

-TOFU-
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
actually, I think it was some sort of diffuser for the weak A/C

dawwgy
08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by tfong
If anyone has experience or knows someone with a 04 Mazda 3 GT model, can you tell me if the lock problem started that year and how do you know if it was fixed?

Also how much maintenance typically goes into the this car (more than normal, avg, low etc..)? I'm looking at some used models and trying to figure out the long term costs.

Thanks for your help Beyond :)

Hey

I have had a Mazda 3 GT for about 6 years now, the car is well above average for me in most if not all areas. Nothing major engine wise has gone wrong. Maintenance costs are average, car is fun to drive, GT model looks a little nicer and has the 160 HP engine its an all around affordable, reliable car

Don't get the lower model, you will regret that if you really like driving, its slower and not nearly as good looking, unless you really care about the extra grand or 2 you would save...

as far as the lock fix there is a good chance the seller would have it done already, the dealers were notifying owners of the issue and performed a free fix. I would assume car thieves would know about the fix as well so its not much of an issue now. The first model Mazda 3 is 2004, that was when the lock issue started.

hope that helped!

dawwgy
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by -TOFU-
actually, I think it was some sort of diffuser for the weak A/C

haha yeah the only thing i really dont like is the a/c ... however it is still cold ... just not refreshing cold

nice avatar btw

-TOFU-
08-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by dawwgy

haha yeah the only thing i really dont like is the a/c ... however it is still cold ... just not refreshing cold

nice avatar btw

Thanks! :)