PDA

View Full Version : Powerstroke V8's rule

Mckenzie
12-20-2003, 06:52 PM
I was sitting at a light the other night at 130 ave on Deerfoot and this beautiful brand new Ford with the powerstroke diesel pulls up to me with a heavy 20 foot trailer. I didnt think anything of it because he was pulling this huge trailer. The light goes green and this guy takes off like a rocket! I started to see if I could catch him, but by the time I got to 100 or so, he was still ahead, so I said screw it and slowed down.

At the Douglasdale light, we pull up next to each other, and its an older guy with his wife/GF. The light goes green and I took off quickly. Even though I got a head start on him, he still stayed pretty close to me until about 110 or so. I think he slowed down after that.

But damn, the guy was pulling this MASSIVE trailer and he was still pulling hard. I guess I could say that I rAPed a fORd truCK dAwg that wAs puLling a 20 foot trailer, but that would sound gay.

I have always wanted a truck with that engine in it, and after seeing that thing move like it did, I want one even more. :hitit:

Maybe Santa will drop one off in my stocking. :D

BTW, didn't they change the engine this year? I though they brought down the displacement and were able to make even more power, or was that the Chev? :dunno:

CalgaryB5
12-20-2003, 07:46 PM
For $1200 CAD you can mod a VW TDI that stock 90hp/155lb.ft. to 171.5hp and 325lb.ft.

sxtasy
12-20-2003, 07:57 PM
my dad has one, and it is pretty fast and fun. Pulls hard up hills. It has it's own reliability issues though.

Mckenzie
12-20-2003, 09:05 PM
I could just imagine how hard this thing pulls.

A friend of mine had a Chev Turbo Diesel 6.6L and the tourque in that thing was gut wrenching. It would defenitaly keep you back in your seat. I want to go check out the Ford one though...

4wheeldrift
12-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Any of the diesels are great for that, they'll pull 10000lbs like it isn't even there, and still get 20mpg while doing it. When I need my own truck I'm definetly going diesel.

euro_racer
12-20-2003, 11:39 PM
this one dude let me test drive hes brand new towing truck it was one of those fords turbo diesel and it was going like crazy i would never guess that, that thing picks up speed like that.

xkon
12-21-2003, 12:03 AM
was it red? my work just got a new red ford F-350 6.0 L diesel, its home is in the Dglen industrial area

they downed the displacement from 7.3 L to 6.0 last year, and they had nothing but problems... We'll see how this years are! But the torque is incredible!

Idratherbsidewayz
12-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Yea i never thought a truck could be fast, until a dodge ram 3500, with the turbo diesel challenged me at a light. He had me in first, then once the turbo kicked in fully as i shifted into second, i pulled away. But i was shocked...

CelicaST-162
12-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by xkon
was it red? my work just got a new red ford F-350 6.0 L diesel, its home is in the Dglen industrial area

they downed the displacement from 7.3 L to 6.0 last year, and they had nothing but problems... We'll see how this years are! But the torque is incredible!

When I worked at Universal, some of the new 6.0L powerstokes were lemons! I remember a seismic company buying it and drove it on the highway for the break in period and it came back the next day with a cracked front cover, all the engine oil was gone and the engine had to be replaced. Man that engine was brand new not even any exhaust soot on the turbine housing!!

Anyways, the new powerstokes are packed with a lot more power, 300hp-guessing and a asphalt ripping 560 ft/lbs or torque!

Mckenzie
12-21-2003, 12:41 PM
It was actually white with some chrome or silver side panels that went around the truck. IT was so clean though. It looked like it just came off of the lot.

LancerShelby
12-22-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Firefly/wRims
Yea i never thought a truck could be fast, until a dodge ram 3500, with the turbo diesel challenged me at a light. He had me in first, then once the turbo kicked in fully as i shifted into second, i pulled away. But i was shocked... Is your 240 sorta a tan colour?

tegdream
12-22-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
Is your 240 sorta a tan colour?

no its red!

LancerShelby
12-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by tegdream

no its red! Are you turbocharged?