PDA

View Full Version : A1 Autobody shop in Calgary sucks

gigimarga
08-06-2010, 11:24 PM
I had a bad experience with A1 Autobody shop in Calgary.
A1 may be OK with body works but when it comes to hi-tech electronics they are useless and their workmanship is sloppy to say the least.

I took my car in to A1 for some body repairs. I was hit in the passenger side rear wheel area by a guy who was texting on his cell phone while driving his car in the parking lot at the airport.

The bodywork came out OK, no complaints there, but for some unknown reason the A1 guys had removed my navigation panel.

When I got the car back the navigation screen was chipped in two places, the plastic mounting frame was scratched and the navigation DVD was missing altogether.
Why they had to remove it? I do not know. I can only guess that they may have tried to copy it or something.
Anyway, the center console of my car was full of scratches; they had used it as a workbench for their tools obviously and the upholstery around the sun visors and seat belts stained by dirty greasy fingers.
I took my car back in and complained about the quality of their work.
And they fixed it. They fixed the chipped navigation screen. Guess what?
They covered the damaged area with black tape!!!
I was so disgusted I took my car and drove away.

I paid a lot of money for my car and they treated it with a total lack of consideration.
The Lexus dealership gave me quote for a new navigation screen.
It costs $5000 to replace it.

I really did not expect such a bad service from A1.
I am an old guy but obviously still naïve.
If you drive a beat up truck by all means take it in to A1 for body repairs but if you have a nice expensive car please do yourself a favor and take it somewhere else.
Ask your dealer of a body shop that they recommend or something.
A1 Autobody sucks. I am not going back in a thousand years.

Barlow
08-07-2010, 01:21 AM
I love A1, always have treated me with top notch service and respect.

even cleaned my car for me.

I've had my car repaired by them twice, the third time was a write off.

total chill with me coming and getting my stuff out of my car on my own time.

deff go back there.

Barlow

4bier
08-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Barlow
I love A1, always have treated me with top notch service and respect.

even cleaned my car for me.

I've had my car repaired by them twice, the third time was a write off.

total chill with me coming and getting my stuff out of my car on my own time.

deff go back there.

Barlow
i 2nd this gr8 service

RY213
08-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Ive used A1 a lot over the years because they have always been great. After the last time this past winter im wondering about the quality of their work now. They forgot to install some of the clips that hold my side skirts on the car so they were hanging off when I went to pick up the car. They fixed this on the spot for me though. Ive also noticed that some of the paint is peeling where they painted the side of my bumper. So I have to go back and have them repaint it which is a huge inconvenience since I use my car for work. It just seems that in the past these small issues wouldnt come up. Id probably still use them again based in past experiences, but my doubts are there now...

bignerd
08-07-2010, 06:55 PM
A1-had to take my car back to get the orange peel paint job they did fixed...

Also had issues at Calgary Coachworks North-was not surprised to hear he use to be in business with A1 back in the day as they both have the same shitty quality work.

InRich
08-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm I HATE A1 Autobody. they did the shittest fucking work I've ever seen on my car a few years ago. I had to take my car back 5 fucking times.... 5!!!

It got so bad I only talked to the owner of the place, shit I still know his name, one time I just owned him in front of his entire staff and customers.

OP, make them pay for it. simple. its their fucking fault, and by putting black tape around your nav, it shows that they were in fact guilty of damaging it. talk to Barry. why should you have to pay for a new screen? dont walk away mad, go in there and fight them about it. The shit they did to you is BS> fight man.

Ohhh and btw. by the 4 or 5 time back, the guy asked me if I wanted to take it to another auto shop, with them flipping the bill.