PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn manual

Hage69
08-07-2010, 01:16 AM
So I'm looking to buy a manual integra, but the thing is, i have weak skills in driving a manual lol, if someone out there is willing to teach on there pos, please reply or pm. thanks

tehwegz
08-07-2010, 09:28 PM
try watching youtube vids on driving manual.

two vids that helped me were by this guy who was driving a mini cooper and the other an audi TT. look out for those, they helped me lots.

Hage69
08-07-2010, 09:45 PM
i watched the same one lol. the guy with the tt is like doing a school project rite?

Jetta-2.0
08-08-2010, 12:03 AM
its kinda easy if u put ur mind to it, i drive manual good, but i have a habbit of when shifting from 3d to 4d i pull the stick towards me and it goes in to 2d looool but yeah dont it 2 times tonight but i dont own a standard car i drive my buddys

toastgremlin
08-08-2010, 12:29 AM
You could always try going to a new car dealership and getting a test drive of something easy to learn stick on (such as a Fit) and just explain to the salesman that you don't actually know how to drive stick but want to buy one.

It doesn't take very long to learn, you can't do that much damage to it learning and it's a demo car anyway. Just don't be deceptive about it.

Jeremiah
08-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
its kinda easy if u put ur mind to it, i drive manual good, but

No you don't

i have a habbit of when shifting from 3d to 4d i pull the stick towards me and it goes in to 2d looool but yeah dont it 2 times tonight but i dont own a standard car i drive my buddys

GQBalla
08-08-2010, 11:24 AM
LoL werdd. Jetta-2.0. How do you accomplish that. 4th is directly below 3rd. Must be trying to be speed racer or something

boarderfatty
08-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I had never driven a manual in my life. Then I purchased an M3 in San Diego sight unseen for my 17th birthday. I flew down, got into the car and stalled it. 15 min later I had it down pat. It's not a hard concept to understand you just have to focus on the process, shifting without thinking about it is where practice comes into play.

Depending on your car it is fairly simple. clutch in, rev the engine, slowly let off the clutch while being on the gas. keep rpm's above 1000 while driving. when revs are between 3-4000rpm off the gas, clutch in shift gear, off clutch and back on the gas, cruise between 2-3000rpm. these were the basic instructions the dealer gave me and they got me all the way from san diego to Edmonton. After that it was all trial and error figuring our what worked and didn't, what running it up to the rev limiter was like etc. then watching a couple youtube videos and learning how to heel toe brake, double clutch, and rev match.