PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear USA...

ICEBERG
08-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Sorry if this is a repost guy's..

This is the first trailer for the U.S. version of Top Gear on History. Don't know what to think about this one, but looks like epic fail:facepalm: ...

http://jalopnik.com/5606884/top-gear-usa-the-first-trailer

Xtrema
08-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Actually it looks better than Aussie's.

K3RMiTdot
08-07-2010, 09:46 PM
waanna see how this turns out...

Jeremiah
08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
yawn

schocker
08-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Actually it looks better than Aussie's.
That isn't saying much though :rofl:
Looks kind of interesting, obviously wont be as good as the original, but should still be an entertaining watch.

Gibson
08-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by schocker

That isn't saying much though :rofl:
Looks kind of interesting, obviously wont be as good as the original, but should still be an entertaining watch.

Season 1 of TGAU was pretty awful, but season 2 was a lot better. I can only see it improving as time goes on, but I don't think TGAU or TGUS will ever be as good as TGUK when it was around season 10.

95teetee
08-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Cast fail, imo.

SRT
08-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
Cast fail, imo.

X2

Throw budget fail in there too.

Cant see this show lasting very long...it shouldn't even be called Top Gear.

ntegra98rs
08-08-2010, 10:28 AM
tanner foust is pretty legit though.. He was good in supercars exposed

ExtremeSi
08-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Tanner Foust is ok, he's a good driver, but not a very entertaining presenter.

The trailer looks better than I was expecting, but they can never match Top Gear UK, so I just can't enjoy it that much.

Cos
08-08-2010, 11:53 AM
It will probably be sub par but I am looking forward to the potential of seeing some cars we actually get here. I would like to see a few more reviews of things like the 300C SRT8, one of the corvette not just the ZR1, Jeep SRT8, stuff like that..... also the potential to scope out some cool american roads. I would love to see an Evo on some of the best roads in the US

dino_martini
08-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm surprised these guys even want to attempt Top Gear America, because everyone is just going to bitch about it.

Jeremy just says the same shit about every car. Once you've seen on Ferrari mid-engined V8 car review you've seen all the others. The only thing I really really like about Top Gear UK are the challenges.

So out of spite, I hope Top Gear America trolls on for season after season. If you like cars, I really don't see what the difference is.

/rant over

Edit - For everyone who is going to bitch about TGA...read this:

http://jalopnik.com/5521968/top-gear-usa-what-to-expect

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Not going to be as funny I think.

boarderfatty
08-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I think if they could have followed through with their original cast that included Jay Leno, Jerry Seinfeld, and Adam Carolla it would have been much better. They are average car guys like on top gear (minus the money and huge collections) not race car drivers that know how to be funny and host a show. It seems that TGUK has become more of a comedy and sitcom vs. an auto review show which I think is what the originally planned cast could provide. It can never be the same as the original imo. but with this cast I think it could have been good none the less.

this new cast I think seems dissapointing. from the previews it looks like a low budget car review show with hosts trying to hard to act funny instead of it flowing more naturally like it would come from a comedian of TGUK host.

[Yu]
08-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
I think if they could have followed through with their original cast that included Jay Leno, Jerry Seinfeld, and Adam Carolla it would have been much better. They are average car guys like on top gear (minus the money and huge collections) not race car drivers that know how to be funny and host a show. It seems that TGUK has become more of a comedy and sitcom vs. an auto review show which I think is what the originally planned cast could provide. It can never be the same as the original imo. but with this cast I think it could have been good none the less.

this new cast I think seems dissapointing. from the previews it looks like a low budget car review show with hosts trying to hard to act funny instead of it flowing more naturally like it would come from a comedian of TGUK host.

I thought it was confirmed that Jay Leno refused to do this show because he feels that he cannot live up to Top Gear UK.

boarderfatty
08-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]

I thought it was confirmed that Jay Leno refused to do this show because he feels that he cannot live up to Top Gear UK.

Yes he did refuse, but they had originally planned for him to host alongside seinfeld and carolla which is what I was referencing

lellowrx7
08-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Looks like it might be an ok show.
Hopefully they do a mix of American, Euro, and Jap cars though

boarderfatty
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
On a side note I gained alot of respect for Clarkson after refusing to take a role on Top Gear USA. After doing some research he makes no where near 1 million/yr let alone per episode and being part of the BBC are not allowed to take outright gifts. Top Gear UK is also the most viewed show in the world averaging between 300-350 million viewers per week. In the US Charlie sheen makes 1.2 million/episode for 2 and a half men which receives under 20 million viewers a week. Howard Stern has a salary of $100 million on top of ownership which has listeners averaging 30million a show. Imagine what the American networks would have paid to bring Clarkson over here to get even half the views he gets in the UK. the possibilities for marketing and advertising earnings would to stupid crazy huge.

dino_martini
08-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
On a side note I gained alot of respect for Clarkson after refusing to take a role on Top Gear USA. After doing some research he makes no where near 1 million/yr let alone per episode and being part of the BBC are not allowed to take outright gifts. Top Gear UK is also the most viewed show in the world averaging between 300-350 million viewers per week. In the US Charlie sheen makes 1.2 million/episode for 2 and a half men which receives under 20 million viewers a week. Howard Stern has a salary of $100 million on top of ownership which has listeners averaging 30million a show. Imagine what the American networks would have paid to bring Clarkson over here to get even half the views he gets in the UK. the possibilities for marketing and advertising earnings would to stupid crazy huge.

Are you really suggesting that the draw Clarkson has in the UK will be the same in other places. If you showed 10 randoms on the street a picture of Clarkson they would all say "huh?". The real reason Clarkson didn't want to do a US version involving him was because he refuses to live in the States.

boarderfatty
08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Are you really suggesting that the draw Clarkson has in the UK will be the same in other places. If you showed 10 randoms on the street a picture of Clarkson they would all say "huh?". The real reason Clarkson didn't want to do a US version involving him was because he refuses to live in the States.

at 350 million viewers a week I am guessing he has some sort of fan base already in the US and even if he only gets 10% of the viewers he has on the UK show it would still be the mist viewed in the US I think. I know he refuses to live in the states, but the money he must have refused compared to what he makes now must have been quite substancial which is the part I found admirable, its nice to see some people can't be bought.

bmwmaster
08-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

:werd: Americans are generally not as sophisticated as the Brits and don't "get it".

Xtrema
08-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Jay, Seinfeld have too much ego to do someone else's show. That's for b-list.

Jeremy won't do us version because he would be sue'ed 10x over in US.

Zephyr
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
should of kept Adam Carolla. If Jay Leno was on this, he probably find a way to make himself the only host and never let anyone else host it, just like that one show he retired err i mean still has

dino_martini
08-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Honestly....

I think we all have to try and NOT compare the US version of Top Gear to the UK version of Top gear.

They are both car shows, as car enthusiasts can we not enjoy them as such?

Zephyr
10-17-2010, 02:59 AM
So I actually got a chance to go to the taping of Top Gear America this morning with the gf. I have to say, originally I thought this was going to be terrible. I thought to myself the hosts picked were a bad combo, but after the taping, the show has potential.

Filming was done in a small airplane hanger in El Toro Marine Base in Irivne, California. Outside the hanger I saw a few nice cars being rolled onto the set. Lamborghini Gallardo LP-570-4 Superleggera, Aston Martin Vantage V12, Lotus Evora, Camero SS, AC Cobra, Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe, Viper ACR, Viper ACR-X, Lamborghini LP-670-4 SV, and also the reasonably priced car.

Filming lasted for about 5 hours for the first part. A ton of moving cars, sets took up most of the time. The one I attended was actually filming for the very first episode. The crowd was mostly a sausage fest, and since I brought my gf along, I was able to get nice spots since they dragged her around and whatever remaining females to the front. According to Rutledge Wood, one of the previous days, it was like a anti female crowd in which there was barely any.

So onto the hosts. In the beginning I really had no idea about them. Well Tanner Foust I know from the drifting scene and met years back through a friend when drifting was starting in the states. But other than that, Adam Ferrara (I don't watch his stand up or Rescue me) and Rutledge Wood I really had no clue. Before the taping as the hosts were talking to the audience, Rutledge and Adam were immediately very likable and entertaining. Rutledge immediately began making jokes about his southerner background and how he's probably one of three people in the hanger that is into NASCAR. They began talking about the show, and later on during set changes they would entertain the crowd about their mishaps during filming the segments. Overall those two guys are really funny, and have a good chemistry going.

However when the camera rolled, it was pretty stiff. It was so stiff that everyone was more entertained during the set changes rather than the actual taping. As for the only real pro driver, Tanner Foust, I have to say on camera he's unwatchable. I've seen him on Supercars Exposed, and it's the same dryness you get out of it. That part I'm a little worried, but during the segments you truly see how good of a driver he is. You get that feeling that he's trying, but it doesn't feel natural in comparison to his two other co-hosts. Hearing him doing the speaking during the power lap was pretty painful. Hopefully overtime he will loosen up.

Of course one thing on everyone's mind is, "Who is who?" Well to be honest you can't really compare Jezzer, Hampster and Slow to these three. Their personalities are a lot different, and from what I saw so far, it seems like the bond the UK guys have, is something that still needs to develop more with the US guys.

I didn't get to see them do the news or the "Big Star in a Small Car" (star in a reasonably priced car) segment, I was told they filmed it with another audience. But overall the jokes are there, the hosts seem to work well, minus the stiffness, and the segments were great! If you watched Top Gear when it was revamped 8 years ago with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond (whom was new to TV at the time) and Jason Dawe, this American version is so much better. It's even better than the Aussie version seasons 1 and 2. I'm definitely going to watch this, and I just hope it ages well over time.

ExtremeSi
10-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Anyone know when this is airing?

Xtrema
10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
GpGxfb-IRns

No schedule yet but I think it'll be soon since we are already almost into Nov. Wonder if our History channel will get it tho.

Godfuader
10-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
So I actually got a chance to go to the taping of Top Gear America this morning with the gf.
I got excited when I found a way to get tickets for the taping...but didn't factor that it would film in LA. :cry:

Zephyr
10-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

I got excited when I found a way to get tickets for the taping...but didn't factor that it would film in LA. :cry:

Yea the set is in California, so is the test track. The set is probably half the size of the UK one.

Xtrema
10-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Debuts on Nov 21.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/20/videos-top-gear-usa-goes-live-on-november-21/

ExtremeSi
10-21-2010, 09:32 AM
That actually looks not bad. I'm glad they don't have Adam Carolla

AaronK
10-21-2010, 09:42 AM
I will definitely be looking forward to this!

t-im
11-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Some promo thing I came across today - they had a Dodge Viper, Mercedes-Benz SLR and a Maserati Quattroporte parked along 6th Ave. They were giving rides in the Maserati, but everyone had to sign a release form (apparently they would be filming the passengers etc..)

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/t-im/utf-8BSU1HMDA0ODItMjAxMDExMTctMTM0OS5qcGc.jpg
http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/t-im/utf-8BSU1HMDA0ODMtMjAxMDExMTctMTM1MC5qcGc.jpg

Phenix
11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
When is the first show coming on again? Hopefully I'll find some time to watch this with all the gran tourismo 5 time that I will be putting in

Godfuader
11-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by t-im
Some promo thing I came across today - they had a Dodge Viper, Mercedes-Benz SLR and a Maserati Quattroporte parked along 6th Ave. [/IMG]
Was this by Bryant Park? Any indication that they will be around again?

t-im
11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Was this by Bryant Park? Any indication that they will be around again?
Yup, on the corner of 41st and 6th, in front of Penguin. No clue if they'll be there again.

Zephyr
11-17-2010, 09:14 PM
They did the taxis during sema too. Funny to see a yellow 458 running up and down the Vegas strip

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Airing tonight! Will it be on the History Channel here in Canada?

That.Guy.S30
11-21-2010, 01:26 PM
^ just checked on shaw. its not on our history channel.

Phenix
11-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Ya I checked last night didn't see it.

How are we gonna be able to watch this shit?

rage2
11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Glad I have Amurican TV haha. Will let you guys know if it's any good.

psycoticclown
11-21-2010, 03:37 PM
What is it supposed to be on?

rage2
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
"Cobra Attack" - Dodge Viper SRT vs. Cobra helicopter.

K3RMiTdot
11-21-2010, 07:28 PM
post link if anyone finds one :D

iceburns288
11-21-2010, 07:56 PM
One hour til it's on, for those if you with American/satellite TV or however y'all get it.

Modelexis
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

x2

Zephyr
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Wow episode feels so rushed, tanner is boring.

mycroftxxx
11-22-2010, 12:51 AM

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=121345&

you'll need firefox and allow gmscript

K3RMiTdot
11-22-2010, 01:01 AM
im noob, how do you enable gmscrit

mycroftxxx
11-22-2010, 01:19 AM
im noob, how do you enable gmscrit

its been a while since I last enabled the ice scripts on my computers but all I did was follow whatever the links told me to do.

gm scripts or grease monkey script. I think I followed a link on that page. or just google grease monkey script.

you need to do this using firefox however. icefilms is worth doing all this work for, its 10X better than ninjavideo was and has a movie database that is near inexhaustible.

dingmah
11-22-2010, 01:48 AM
http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgearusa/1/1/

Team_Mclaren
11-22-2010, 03:04 AM
it did feel rushed, but i liked it. Its better than topgear aussie. Tanner was fine i thought, its a good start imo.

Tram Common
11-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
it did feel rushed, but i liked it. Its better than topgear aussie. Tanner was fine i thought, its a good start imo.

Agreed, I actually didn't mind it at all. The best thing it has going for it is Tanner, the guy can drive. I just wish they'd let him speak his mind rather than spew out Top Gear script bullshit.

soccernut
11-22-2010, 03:09 PM
I was ok with it. They had to lose 16 minutes for commercials and still cover most of the segments in the UK show. They did rush through Big Star Small Car segment which I did not mind at all since its my least favorite part and I find the UK show guests babble on too long.

Too bad they lost the news segment, hopefully they lost that because all the time they spent explaining aspects of the show in the first episode and will be there afterwards.

The positives:

1. Foust is a sick driver. I can tolerate his dullness if he keeps driving like that.

2. The Stig: Those power laps are CRAZY, the track is MUCH Better than the UK one. It does have a bit of a straight away to give some advantage to American cars. It is an US show after all.

3. Ferrara had a great personality for me. I thought he was funny in parts. Remember, they are all still awkward with this and need time to develop chemistry. Watch Season 2 of the UK show and you will see what I mean.

4. The cars: Great line up of cars to start with. Would hope to see more down-to-earth cars later on the show.

Overall: a very good start to the show and it can only get better.

Zephyr
11-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common

Agreed, I actually didn't mind it at all. The best thing it has going for it is Tanner, the guy can drive. I just wish they'd let him speak his mind rather than spew out Top Gear script bullshit.

He was speaking his mind....during the taping they kept stopping because the producer kept telling him to liven it up and add his own thing... and my god was he boring...

During the taping, the scenes were all much longer, and now when I watch it on tv, wow it's been edited so much and rushed. Even when they made a joke, no one in the audience got it or laughed, I see on the final product they edited some random clips of people laughing...

bituerbo
11-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Link above is absolute SHIT! Who designs a website that only works with one browser, with one certain plugin?

Here is megavideo link... http://www.megavideo.com/?d=QC6D4HR6

K3RMiTdot
11-22-2010, 04:45 PM
not bad, but i found it fairly boring. still better then aussie, stated above

bituerbo
11-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Ferrera saying FUCK each time he shifted the superleggera

schocker
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Well it was better than I was expecting it to be. Mildly entertaining, but could have had more substance. The interview with buzz was painful though :rofl:

Bladeh
11-24-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/top-gear-cobra-attack#top-gear-cobra-attack

freshprince1
11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Link above is absolute SHIT! Who designs a website that only works with one browser, with one certain plugin?

Here is megavideo link... http://www.megavideo.com/?d=QC6D4HR6

Some of the shots of that Cobra attack helicopter are incredible...when it comes close to the ground and then banks up and away...that would have been crazy to be in the car under it when that happened.

They should have gotten a better "Star" to race than Buzz Aldren. Don't get me wrong, he's a badass astronaut, but just seemed a little...geriatric...when it came to driving the car around.

Thanks for the link. Great episode. It's been a slow day at work ;)

Coltron
11-25-2010, 08:09 PM
the first episode has been better then any of the aus episodes.. The aus actors try to hard to be funny, they aren't funny. at least foust is good, even though he might not be a good entertainer he knows what he is talking about not just some bloke that read a owners manual.

K3RMiTdot
11-29-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-10/11-30-10page-Top-Gear-USA-Season-1-Episode-2.htm

episode 2

dj_patm
11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Episode One had me cringing at times due to how wooden the hosts seemed and what not.

Episode two on the other hand was awesome. Seriously I thought it was TGUK quality. If those segments were part of the UK show I legitimitly would have seen nothing wrong with them.

I think the instudio stuff could still use some work. I really wish that they would cut the Big Star segement for the News and that they created more of "legend" around the Stig cause at this point he seems like a reguler driver. They need intros. Sure the uk style humor that Jeremy uses to introduce him might not work (ever though they're flipping hilarious) but they need to do something.

I'm excited for the third episode which is apparently an extended challange. Hopefully we'll see more funny interactions between the hosts. Adam Ferrara needs to step it up as he has hardly contributed anything to the show.

Hakkola
11-29-2010, 06:56 PM
It isn't TGUK quality, cinematography/music/narration all pale in comparison but I'll agree is still pretty good if not compared. The big downfall is the cast, they're hard to watch.

dj_patm
11-29-2010, 08:24 PM
The only thing that was seriously glaring compared to TGUK was the music (or lack thereof). I think the cinematography is a little cheesy at times cause I think they try too hard but still good and the narration is going to get better as they do it more often.

I like the cast? Well Tanner and Rutledge. Ferrera seems "fresh".

I have a feeling they will be much better as they work with each other more.

Jlude
11-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I watched it for 10 minutes and turned it off. Not a fan...

Tram Common
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Tanner is awesome! Finally a professional driver who can truly drive the shit out of the cars... unlike any of the UK cast.

Watching him and the Evo in the snow was awesome.

dj_patm
11-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Do you guys think if the US version sticks around that they'll ever do a cross show challange? like US vs UK or something?

redline
11-29-2010, 10:04 PM
fuck this show is lame....

2002e46
12-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Just watched the first show...I didn't think it was bad at all. Obviously not even close to Clarkson and the bunch but I thought it was at least as good as the old fifth gear and way better than top gear AUS. For a first show with 3 guys that don't have alot of tv hosting experience, I think it was a great first effort and i'm glad its off the ground!

:werd:

Xtrema
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
2nd ep is slightly better.

Still they need some more chemistry than stiff script.

370Z and EVO, those you'll never see on Top Gear UK.

Godfuader
12-06-2010, 10:45 PM
1st ep is free on iTunes

SpeedyZ
12-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
2nd ep is slightly better.

Still they need some more chemistry than stiff script.

370Z and EVO, those you'll never see on Top Gear UK.

both those cars have already been on top gear uk

bjstare
12-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm liking this so far. Its not the same as UK, but thats not a bad thing. The UK has been the same for 15 seasons now, and even though its entertaining, the hosts are way too predictable. This is a nice change despite the hosts being a little uncomfortable so far. From what I've read, it just keeps getting better with US ep 3.

On that note, anyone have a link for ep 3?

bituerbo
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Episode 3 on History.com, works in Canada!

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/top-gear-flying-coupe-deville#top-gear-flying-coupe-deville

bjstare
12-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Do you know when that was posted? I looked yesterday and couldn't find it on History. (couldn't find ep 2 there either, why do I only see ep 1?)

Team_Mclaren
12-08-2010, 02:29 AM
just watched ep3, i thought it was great. It was funnier and better managed.

Cooked Rice
12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I could understand it being good for a bunch of yanks that have never watched TGUK. But other than that I still give it a :thumbsdow

Coltron
12-13-2010, 02:18 PM
i think a lot of people are judging this pre maturely..they have only come out with 3 episodes so far.. things will only get better, give them a break they just started...

bituerbo
12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
You're comapring TGUS season 1 to TGUK Season 14... which just isn't fair. They aren't on a major network, they're on History and they've only spent a few hours together so far. I think TGUS is fantastic for (somewhat) original content to fill the gaps when TGUK isn't airing. Not that I don't love throwing on some old Season 7/8 stuff once in a while ;)

Ooh, episode 4 is up on History.com
http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/playlists/full-episodes#top-gear-halo-vs-velociraptor

edit: and after watching the way Tanner Foust drives the Raptor, and watching the Stig drive the Raptor around the track, I'm pretty sure Foust is the Stig. Also listening to him talk about the SLS's hot lap really sounds like he's talking about first hand experience, and not commentating on the video. He's definitely got enough driving experience to fill the role no problem.

edit2: So apparantly someone put him on the spot at a Formula D event and he had this to say:
"So, who's The Stig?"

"I can't tell you that, you'll never find out."

"Not even any hints?"

"Let's just say I hand picked him myself, he's a very good driver."

bituerbo
12-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Episode 5:
http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/top-gear-beater-boot-camp#top-gear-beater-boot-camp

syeve
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Hahahahahaa..."the fiero weight only 2700 pounds and Tanner weights 80 so it defn has the weight advantage"

rage2
12-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Morgan Aero Supersport on tonights episode. Sweet ass car.

dj_patm
12-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by syeve
Hahahahahaa..."the fiero weight only 2700 pounds and Tanner weights 80 so it defn has the weight advantage"

Best part of the episode was when Tanner first rolled up in the Fiero... "So Tanner's a Coke Dealer"

Stealth22
08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Bump for Season 3.

What did everyone think of the first two episodes? I still need to go back and watch seasons 1 and 2, because I sort of dismissed it (without watching it at all, admittedly) as "never going to be good as Top Gear UK".

Buddy at work got me into it, saying that in the beginning it wasn't great, but have hit their stride recently, and I have to say, I think I agree with that, they seem to have their own working formula.

(Spoiler alert...kinda...watch the first episode if you care to before reading on)

I gotta admit though, there were two things that I definitely should have seen coming. First, The Stig screeching into that intersection in the minivan. I should have definitely expected that, and I didn't see it coming at all. :rofl: :burnout:

And when Tanner opened Ruttledge's door during the tear gas test, the first thing I thought of was Jeremy Clarkson. :rofl:

dj_patm
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I thought both episodes were decent but not great. I was a big fan of the second season.

Tanner can drive anything and make it look cool though lol

MGCM
08-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Just watched the first 2 episodes of season 3, i thought it was pretty decent, i loved the minivan lol the stig gets it done again.

Just watched episode 3 of season 3, i laughed alot, i enjoyed it.

James Martin
09-04-2012, 01:23 PM
i think a lot of people are judging this pre maturely. They have only come out with 3 episodes so far.. things will only get better, give them a break they just started..

chibwack
09-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I try not to judge it too harshly, but fact is I only actually watch top gear for clarkson (nice cars don't hurt). No clarkson=no good.

rage2
09-04-2012, 02:33 PM
They've ramped up the Tanner gay references this year. Not really subtle anymore. Pretty funny haha.