PDA

View Full Version : CD is jammed

gpoppa
12-20-2003, 11:16 PM
I have a jvc kd-s590 cd player in my car. It worked fine until about now. I have a jammed CD. It played all other cds fine and then I got my alternator and battery changed. Does anyone what could by wrong?

JAYMEZ
12-21-2003, 01:59 AM
Is the CD still jammed?? if so just slide a peice of paper inside the cd opening and try and make it spring it self out. it used to happen all the time in my explorer. When i got my CD out , i found out there was TWO cds in the damn cd player...some moron in my car had shoved another one in it. (Just tap the cd back and forth lightly so it gets sprung out.)

KoukiS14
12-21-2003, 02:52 AM
Do you have a reset button?

snowtiger509
04-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I just researched the same problem for a friend's JVC KD-S590 CD player... CD played but would not eject.

Here's what I found -

there is a "prohibit ejection" mode set and un-set by pressing and holding down (for 2 seconds or so) both the "CD" and "EJECT" buttons together.

If this won't solve the problem, then you can reset the entire system (which will clear any pre-set stations you have) by pressing and holding down both the "POWER" (ON/ATT) and "SEL" (select) bottons.

The latter solved my friends problem :O)

Good Luck!

01RedDX
04-05-2006, 04:03 PM