View Full Version : Really creative anti-marijuana prohibition video

Cos
08-08-2010, 02:35 PM
hMM_T_PJ0Rs

Pretty cool video

Kloubek
08-08-2010, 02:41 PM
That's pretty interesting.

Obviously doesn't show any potential negative effects it may cause, but then, that would be pretty counter-productive to a pro-weed campaign. Anti-marijuana campaigns don't show the potentially positive effects either.

Modelexis
08-08-2010, 02:44 PM
It's not about negative effects Klubek, it's about using violence to control how people live their own personal lives in non violent ways.
There is negative effects of getting tattoos and piercings and eating mcdonalds and skateboarding and driving a car, but the point of it is that people are capable of making decisions for themselves.

It's a truly sad world we live in, when growing flowers will get you shot and killed.

calgarydub
08-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I love things like this where no words are necessary.

Even a 3 year old could understand this.

[Yu]
08-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks Cos for the video!

lellowrx7
08-08-2010, 03:27 PM
awesome video
subtle but yet effective

maxomilll
08-08-2010, 04:01 PM
:thumbsup:

Spoons
08-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
That's pretty interesting.

Obviously doesn't show any potential negative effects it may cause, but then, that would be pretty counter-productive to a pro-weed campaign. Anti-marijuana campaigns don't show the potentially positive effects either.

It portrayed the negative effects but you have to dig a tad deeper. It compared marijuana and drinking, showing people together drunk and socially inept while marijuana people were together having a good time and relaxing. Everyone knows the negative effects of alcohol, and with a little bit of common sense (which seems to be rare these days) you can figure out that the negative effects of marijuana are not worse than that of alcohols, hence why both was portrayed in the movie. Alcohol is a drug much worse than marijuana.

Loved the video. Hopefully California can make some good head way. My friend was shot over a quarter pound of weed. $600... That's fucking stupid. And in an economy like this, it is the exact revenue builder our world needs.

Numi
08-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

It portrayed the negative effects but you have to dig a tad deeper. It compared marijuana and drinking, showing people together drunk and socially inept while marijuana people were together having a good time and relaxing. Everyone knows the negative effects of alcohol, and with a little bit of common sense (which seems to be rare these days) you can figure out that the negative effects of marijuana are not worse than that of alcohols, hence why both was portrayed in the movie. Alcohol is a drug much worse than marijuana.

Loved the video. Hopefully California can make some good head way. My friend was shot over a quarter pound of weed. $600... That's fucking stupid. And in an economy like this, it is the exact revenue builder our world needs.

It's not that negative effect I think he was talking about. If it is legalized and the government taxes it there is obviously some serious effects, some that we can predict, others we cannot. Of course every pot head would be so happy walking around with a blunt thinking the world is great because it is legalized but what about all the people currently in the illegal marijuana drug trade? How would they react? What would they begin doing to make money? They aren't just going to shut down call it a day and go work in an office. Drugs are a violent "industry" and it could cause a backlash on the government, destruction of authorized green houses etc etc etc. This is just one of many uncertainties that would arise IMO. I don't know what would happen, I have no predictions or assumptions I just think there are a lot of uncertainties that come along with legalization that many people do not think about.

I think the single biggest benefit would be the tax brought in by it, but our government spends money like shit anyways so it would probably just pay for some vacations.

Modelexis
08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Numi

It's not that negative effect I think he was talking about. If it is legalized and the government taxes it there is obviously some serious effects, some that we can predict, others we cannot. Of course every pot head would be so happy walking around with a blunt thinking the world is great because it is legalized but what about all the people currently in the illegal marijuana drug trade? How would they react? What would they begin doing to make money? They aren't just going to shut down call it a day and go work in an office. Drugs are a violent "industry" and it could cause a backlash on the government, destruction of authorized green houses etc etc etc. This is just one of many uncertainties that would arise IMO. I don't know what would happen, I have no predictions or assumptions I just think there are a lot of uncertainties that come along with legalization that many people do not think about.

I think the single biggest benefit would be the tax brought in by it, but our government spends money like shit anyways so it would probably just pay for some vacations.

This is a scare story, go do some history research on the end of alcohol prohibition. I'm pretty sure we don't have violent alcohol smuggling gangs roaming around Canada.

Awd-Tsi
08-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Smoke weed erry day

CUG
08-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't blaze at all, but the criminal charges associated with having some personal smoke is pretty gnarly. Tax it like booze - get out of debt, provide more jobs, use it as a trade advantage.

Spoons
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I don't blaze at all, but the criminal charges associated with having some personal smoke is pretty gnarly. Tax it like booze - get out of debt, provide more jobs, use it as a trade advantage.

There are no criminal charges for personal smoke in Canada. Anything under an ounce was decriminalized.

CUG
08-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

There are no criminal charges for personal smoke in Canada. Anything under an ounce was decriminalized. ..I'm clued out then lol. I was under the impression that the fine would prevent you from getting across borders..

403Gemini
08-09-2010, 01:38 AM
I'll see you're anti-marijuana prohibition video and raise you the greatest anti-pot video EVER!!!!!

xdgHD8vcHhE

I generally Don't like family guy but this had me howling , mostly the "anyone else who likes pot reach for my joint....oh yeh give us some of that....hahaha perhaps later."

aboverandbeyond
08-09-2010, 02:52 AM
That video freaked me out.

"skateboarding is not a crime" took off.

How come "Smoking marijuana is not a crime" can't do the same thing?

Tik-Tok
08-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by aboverandbeyond
That video freaked me out.

"skateboarding is not a crime" took off.

How come "Smoking marijuana is not a crime" can't do the same thing?

Because skateboarding hasn't ever been a crime, where marijuana has been since 1923 :dunno:

The flower video was creative, but also reminded me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mea0tq0KWu4#t=04m04s

thrasher22
08-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Because skateboarding hasn't ever been a crime, where marijuana has been since 1923 :dunno:

Skateboarding on public property (this includes sidewalks or roads) has been illegal in Calgary as long as I can remember, back in the day TONS of my friends got tickets. Although cops are usually a lot more relaxed about it these days.

dino_martini
08-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The flower video was creative, but also reminded me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mea0tq0KWu4#t=04m04s

I'm not a legal expert, but I'm fairly sure that smoking pot isn't illegal...its the possession of pot that is against the law?

arian_ma
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
There is no way the government could effectively tax marijuana. The instant it is legalized, everyone would grow their own. If the government started taxing it, everyone would buy from their (illegal) dealer who can give it to them cheaper than the government can. They would never win unless they were able to create a superior product at the same price. They could try and police the industry to eliminate the illegal marijuana trade in favor of the legal, but then how would anything be different than it is now.

Weed = lose/lose for the government.

5hift
08-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
There is no way the government could effectively tax marijuana. The instant it is legalized, everyone would grow their own. If the government started taxing it, everyone would buy from their (illegal) dealer who can give it to them cheaper than the government can. They would never win unless they were able to create a superior product at the same price. They could try and police the industry to eliminate the illegal marijuana trade in favor of the legal, but then how would anything be different than it is now.

It is a lot harder to grow, wash, cure and clip potent marijuana than you think for the average person. The average weed smoker would not have the time or commitment, not to mention be willing to wait several months. You can technically make your own liquor, but how many drinkers do that.

Weed is expensive ONLY because it is illegal. It is almost free to grow (just busted a huge outdoor grow-op in Drumheller that relied only on one garden hose and the sun.

If the government grew good weed in large farm type setups, they could add a tax equivalent to triple the cost of growing it and still be charging much less than what weed costs now to purchase illegally.

I dont think you realize how much it costs to setup a typical illegal grow up in Canada. Add to that they factor to lose almost half the grow-ops to busts, ripoffs, bugs, etc it is very expensive and that cost makes its way into that bag you pick up. There is no way organized crime would even try to compete with the legal large scale grow ops as it wouldn't make sense financially. Growing weed if it was completely legal would make about as much sense for them as growing tobacco now would.

arian_ma
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow, I was misinformed! Thanks for that. I was just going by the price or Medicinal MJ in the states (which I've heard are about twice as much as they are here).

Tik-Tok
08-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Well, we're hopefully about to find out, Prop 19 lead the way!

I don't doubt lots of people will TRY to grow their own, and fail miserably. If it were legalized I see a lot of bunk shit growing in peoples gardens.

It would kind of be like making your own beer or wine, sure you CAN do it, but really, it isn't worth it.

ixlr8
08-09-2010, 07:31 PM
How many Tabacco smokers do you know that grow their own Tabacco?

iceburns288
08-10-2010, 09:37 AM
You can make your own beer, and some people do, but the fact is it's just too damn time consuming for 99% of people. Would I grow now when marijuana is illegal? Hell yeah I would. Would I grow if it were legal? Hell no I wouldn't! I don't have that kind of time lol.

And no way would I risk jail time to buy a legal product illegally. Plus, growing plants is so low-cost that a drug dealer could no longer make any money off selling illegally when a gram is worth just a couple bucks.

Ironically, ending prohibition would make it harder for minors to get cannabis. I started smoking in high school because it was easier to get than alcohol. Drug dealers don't ask for ID, businesses do.

Cos
08-10-2010, 09:39 AM
^^ if you want a good video, watch 'The Union'