PDA

View Full Version : Tactics for success here in Calgary

copynpaste
08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Not sure how many of you have heard about them, cause I know quite a few people asking me about them and if theyre legit. I wanted to get the word out because this place advertises like crazy (Kijiji for ex). Well are they legit? Yes, but they also are a buncha liars who will constantly bullshit you every chance they get.

Theyre private owned company (by Rick Harding) who gets paid by the govt for each student they get to complete their 1 month training job search and career course. I took it in May as well as a few others I know. What you are about to read is exactly how we all felt after taking the course.

Theyre great at resume and cover letter writing as well as job interviewing prep. I learned lots and completely redid my resume and CL, night and day difference! Well worth it for this.

But other than that dont believe a single word they say ever. Right from day one, they will constantly say how they will set you up with jobs, leads, contacts they know, blah blah blah but they dont do jack shit. Trust me, everyone working there has a shit load of contacts that they know, they have some serious connections in the city no matter what industry you are in. Their main source for networking is Linkedin (which they tell you about the first day) and their all loaded with contacts. But they dont do nothing but constantly lie and bullshit you about giving you those leads.

On day 1, Rick (the owner) will open up by telling everyone the first big lie. He says that they work for the govt and the program is paid by the govt - which is complete bullshit because they get paid by the govt not work (uhh huge difference). Basically Rick gets paid a huge lumpsome of money by the govt for each student they get to take and complete the course. He then pays his workers under him.
You dont complete the course, he doesnt get paid.

This is why during the course they will all constantly lie to you "we will set you up, Jen is great she has so many contacts" blah blah blah, so it keeps you in your seat to finish the course. But once youre done and sign the papers they ditch you like last nights leftovers and move onto the next batch of people. They wont even talk to you or reply to your emails.

Their1 on 1 coaching which takes place in the final week is absolute garbage, Norman doesnt do shit and his sessions last 5mins tops.

My point is, dont believe a single word they say about them helping you find work or providing leads cause all they are good for is resume and cover letter writing, thats it nothing more! The 1 on 1 coaching was as helpful as coaching from a random hobo at your local 711, and they will constantly say this and that to bullshit you but they never follow up with anything they say.

bootybandit
08-09-2010, 06:25 PM
It's a bunch of :zzz: the only thing they have done since I took it was one feed back call asking how did you like the course. They have not passed along 0 job positions, openings you name it.

copynpaste
08-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by bootybandit
It's a bunch of :zzz: the only thing they have done since I took it was one feed back call asking how did you like the course. They have not passed along 0 job positions, openings you name it. ]

When did you take the course?

Redlyne_mr2
08-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Gotta have tactics

RecoilS14
08-10-2010, 08:37 PM
how much did this course cost? I hope not a lot.

TomcoPDR
08-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm confused :confused:

Any source, read up on this shit.

Rat Fink
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM

bootybandit
08-11-2010, 09:00 AM
It's a free service. I believe the government pays them for the attendees.

http://www.tacticsforsuccess.ca/index.asp?pu=0

THey give advice on resume writing, interviews some in house networking. Very little is done to help you find a job in your field.

spike98
08-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Spike98's tactics for success:

1. Work hard
2. Stand by your word
3. Take pride in what you do

Now that will be $1299.99+tax please

MintRacer
08-11-2010, 09:20 AM
so your bitching about a free service?

copynpaste
08-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
....now you have learned their tactic for success

You should set up the exact same thing in a nearby building just for spite. Call it "tactics for prosperity". Sabotage their finger foods so everyone gets the green apple splatters and comes to your venue instead.

lol sounds good!

UndrgroundRider
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Spike98's tactics for success:

1. Work hard
2. Stand by your word
3. Take pride in what you do

this and

Originally posted by MintRacer
so your bitching about a free service?

this.

The op's problem is that he thinks he's entitled to something.

odin7
08-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider

this and

this.

The op's problem is that he thinks he's entitled to something.

You're on crack.. He was sharing his experience for anyone thinking about using their service to find a job. lol

What I got from his post was that they're helpful writing resumes and cover letters but not worth it to help you find a job. Since they advertise that they'll help you find a job and I'd say this is valuable info for anyone searching for a job..

broken_legs
08-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste

On day 1, Rick (the owner) will open up by telling everyone the first big lie. He says that they work for the govt and the program is paid by the govt - which is complete bullshit because they get paid by the govt not work (uhh huge difference).

I read this like 7 times and I still don't understand WTF you are saying :confused:

All I'm getting from the OPs post is confused and a sense that he feels entitled to be given a job.

Is the message that you are trying to convey that they lied to you to keep you there for a month and disrespected your time so they could get paid?

copynpaste
08-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

I read this like 7 times and I still don't understand WTF you are saying :confused:

All I'm getting from the OPs post is confused and a sense that he feels entitled to be given a job.

Is the message that you are trying to convey that they lied to you to keep you there for a month and disrespected your time so they could get paid?

My point is...right from day 1 they will constantly tell you over and over that they will set you up with leads and contacts not only at the end of the course but throughout it, whe they failed to do either. In fact everyone else I know who took it and a few others in my class who I became friends with all told me the same in their coaching.

If they want to just stick with resume and CL thats fine by me! Just dont bullshit the attendees by constantly lying and saying they will forward so many contacts their way. I was not expecting a job (neither of us were), but going by how they constantly talked and bragged about the connections they all have I was (and everyone else I know) expecting at least a few leads or referals. At least an effort and they showed none.

There were even people in my class who asked for an introduction to a specific contact that some of them had (because they were interested in their company) and was flat out declined for no reason. What do you know the people I know who had this happen were all "non white". Gee what a surprise!