PDA

View Full Version : Best Acura Forum

sillysod
08-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Just wondering what is the best forum for Acura's. Looking to get some parts for one and I know that for Audi (audizine) or VW (vwvortex) the classifieds sections are huge and there is a huge diy and support section.

I know that Acura isn't technically a Honda, but really it is. :)

Neil4Speed
08-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I am not to sure which Acura you have, that helps as there are specific forums for certain ones that provide better information.

Acurazine is a generally good forum for help.

EG STyLeZ
08-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I am not to sure which Acura you have, that helps as there are specific forums for certain ones that provide better information.

Acurazine is a generally good forum for help.

Word, acurazine.com is really helpful. It's mostly american-based users though

dj_rice
08-10-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure if Honda-tech has a Acura section but try there also

sillysod
08-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Its a CL type S. I want to do the timing belt on it. I found the Acurazine forum but wasn't sure if it was the best one to be on.

Thanks guys :)

Also where is the best place to get parts generally for these? (ie ECS for VAG cars) Not looking to spend a$$load of money at the dealer for parts, but don't want to get garbage parts either.

Neil4Speed
08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
Its a CL type S. I want to do the timing belt on it. I found the Acurazine forum but wasn't sure if it was the best one to be on.

Thanks guys :)

Also where is the best place to get parts generally for these? (ie ECS for VAG cars) Not looking to spend a$$load of money at the dealer for parts, but don't want to get garbage parts either.

Thats a really nice car, always was a fan of the CL-S. I think Acurazine is the best community for a CL-S. I got most of my parts for my Legend from Autopartsway (google them), or E-bay so check that out.

Did you get the 03 with the LSD/6-speed?

sillysod
08-10-2010, 10:45 PM
No, its an 01 with the 5 speed auto. It's a solid car but I am completely anal.

The panel on the back of the passenger seat (with the pocket) is torn a little so I want to try and track down a used one in the classifieds.

Unfortunatley Acurazine is going to make me wait 15 days before I can start a WTB thread in the classifieds. :banghead:

sillysod
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Piece of shit forum IMO, can't post anything in market or PM someone to buy shit for 15 days.

I need 2 parts and now have to wait for 1/2 a month just to post a WTB :banghead:

gqboy322
08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
i think acurazine is the best tl and cl forum. even beyond need to wait a month before u can post on blackmarket.

sillysod
08-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, but I think you can PM on here still.

Oh well, I just was hoping that I could get some interior panels off of there, but I don't want to wait so I guess im going to get assraped at the dealer. :cry:

gqboy322
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
go search around car-parts.com

i think calgary have some used parts u can get.

sillysod
08-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks gqboy, looks like A1 may have something so gonna try there tomorrow.

Really appreciate your help.

sillysod
08-16-2010, 03:24 PM
gqboy332, thanks a lot. bang on.

A1 Honda Acura used parts came up (A1 autobody)

Bought 2 interior parts - including seat back panel - for under $40.00 :thumbsup:

gqboy322
10-23-2010, 11:23 PM
hey sillysod, next time when u go pick up parts from A1 just talk to Mark sometimes he will give u some freebie