PDA

View Full Version : The Source Warehouse Sale - Friday August 13

cdnsir
08-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I saw a commercial for this earlier today. I'm looking for some snowboarding gear for this winter. Are these sales usually pretty decent, or do they just have random one-off clearance items?

http://blog.sourceboards.com/2010/08/06/the-source-giant-warehouse-sale-starts-august-13/

http://www.sourceboards.com/newsletters/aug2k10/giantWHsale_460x723.jpg

http://www.sourceboards.com/newsletters/aug2k10/giantWarehouseSale_map_460x605.jpg

Chester
08-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Sales are pretty good, gotta get there early though.

JfuckinC
08-10-2010, 03:01 PM
these sales are always bomb... im hosueboating though fuck :(

Gary@UrbanX
08-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I predict a huge lineup, get there early!

cdnsir
08-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Line ups huh? Too bad 10am is a pretty messed up time. Too late to go before work, and too early to go during lunch. Oh well... I guess after work it is! Let's hope there are still decent finds in the evening that day.

Lorne@UrbanX
08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
:hitit:

03ozwhip
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
hell yes im going! i dont need anything but if its cheap why not.

spikerS
08-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
hell yes im going! i dont need anything but if its cheap why not.

That sounds like my dad at the grocery store.

Me: Dad, whats with 14 cans of pickled anchovies in the shopping cart?

Dad: They are on sale right now, and it's a pretty good deal.

Me: But we have never eaten anchovies in our life, why are we buying them?

Dad: Because they are on sale.

Me: but we don't eat them...

Dad: I know

Me: so, why are they in the cart?

Dad: Because they are on sale.

Me: Ok, I will put them on the pantry shelf beside the Spam you bought in 1996 when it was on sale too.

03ozwhip
08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
^^^lol theres always something you dont need on sale, but ya, if its a good deal, its mine! shit ill take a broken bike out of the garbage because its a good deal if i fix it lol!

eb0i
08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
The sale is definitely worth it but you have to go super early and line up. Otherwise the days following the first few days are just odd sizes that no one can fit in.

LongCity
08-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Muthafucka! Why couldn't it be at the old location! I work right beside that.

CaptainReboot
08-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Did anybody go to this yet? I'm just looking for a snowboarding bag to carry my gear, nothing else. Do they take credit cards?

schocker
08-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Hmm, maybe I will go look for a new board if they still have a decent selection.

Isaiah
08-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Went yesterday for the third year running; nowhere near as big as the previous location.

Got there an hour early and the lineup was only about half a block. They opened the doors early and were in after only about a 20 to 30 minute wait.

I'm sure there weren't nearly as many decks on sale as other years but there was still a lot of equipment to be had. Last two years, I spent at least an hour in there and sourced out some sweet deals but this year I got through the whole place in about 30 minutes and the deals weren't as good with only 40% off the first two items (vs. 50% in previous years) and the requirement to buy 3 items in order to receive the extra 10%.

On the positive side, the sales staff are very knowledgeable about the boards so if you're a bit of a noob or don't really know how to shop for a snowboard in terms of what type of ride is right for you, then these guys will make it all make sense.

Overall, I rate this sale a 5/10.

Isaiah
08-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot
Do they take credit cards?
Yes. You can also pay with pot but the trade value is only $0.30 on the dollar. Best thing is to weigh it out ahead of time so you don't get gypped.

CaptainReboot
08-14-2010, 01:55 PM
So I did go an ended up getting a board bag from Burton for 50% off.

Looked around and they had a decent amount of boards and boots left. I brought brand new gear last season so I didn't have a need for any of it, so I didn't look as closely.

Before I went inside, some dude just flipped out and started yelling and swearing at one of the source guys by the front door, didn't hear the whole story, but he was pretty loud.

schocker
08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Anyone know when they are open till today, I was planning on heading out in a few minutes here.

Ended up picking up a burton board/bindings/boots for about $500, was quite impressed, now I am set for winter :thumbsup:

cdnsir
08-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I didn't find a board that I liked. But did get some new boots, lid, gloves and stuff. Seems like an okay sale, not great, but pretty happy with it I guess.

dino_martini
08-14-2010, 11:47 PM
I saw a couple pair's of shoes I really wanted down there. I haven't been in that old drug store in many many years.

Still tons of snowboards and boots and bindings down there. Burton Vapor's are 50% off the retail price...pretty sweet deal