PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler - How long till they are out?

Tarrantula
08-11-2010, 11:29 AM
How long do you think the brand will last? Simple Question.

I voted 2-4 years. Unless they revamp almost everything about the company.

arian_ma
08-11-2010, 11:35 AM
I think if they are not out in the next 2-4 years, then the will be able to cling on, at least it for a while.

A790
08-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Incentive based sales are incestuous in nature. It's not sustainable.

Mitsu3000gt
08-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I voted 2-4 years. IMO their offerings are mostly pathetic when compared to the competition, even some of the American competition.

The only reason people are buying their cars is ridiculous discounts and 0% rates. Not sure how long that can go on for, as nobody in their right mind would pay anywhere near full MSRP for much of what they are offering these days. The RAM and Caravan are probably the only things keeping them in business at this point.

Modelexis
08-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I voted 6mnths because I read the poll as "how soon would you like to see Chrysler fail?"

msommers
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I hope a Chinese company just buys them out. At least build quality would remain consistent :rofl:

n1zm0
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
$10 says that Dodge white knight SRT is going to come here and shit on your poll with his import recall lists, 3..2..1...

Xtrema
08-11-2010, 03:40 PM
With FIAT behind it, I don't see it going anywhere.

Unknown303
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I wish the Jeep brand was owned by someone cooler. Chrysler dealerships make me sick.

sr20s14zenki
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
With FIAT behind it, I don't see it going anywhere.
True that, "Fix It Again Tony" hahaha.

I for one think their products are junk, and shittily made and cant wait to see them gone. When i think of how many people i talk to who have chrysler minivans and have had the trannys replaced 2 , maybe 3 times, i just cant help to think to myself how retarded the company is, and how retarded the owners are to think thats normal wear and tear.

:thumbsdow Chrysler

spikerS
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM
well currently I own 2 chrysler products. my '01 dodge ram and a '07 jeep Compass.

While it is true, the fit and finish of the 2 interiors could be ALOT better, overall, they are not bad.

Neither vehicle has been affected by a serious recall. The only recall my Jeep had was to apply a new sticker on the sun visor that included french text. :dunno:

I think that Chrysler has been climbing out of it's hole for the past 4 or 5 years now. They have introduced some pretty decent vehicles recently with new drive trains and suspension. The SRT line ups have gotten better as well, but I think it was a mistake to discontinue the SRT-4.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means a Chrysler fanboy, however i don't think they are as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

I am planning on buying a new truck next year, and have started my research and taken a few trucks out. 3 months ago, i would have told you without question I was getting a Ford F-350, Now, I am seriously considering a Dodge 3500...

SI_futbol
08-11-2010, 07:04 PM
.....waiting for SRT............

ipeefreely
08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by spikers
I am planning on buying a new truck next year, and have started my research and taken a few trucks out. 3 months ago, i would have told you without question I was getting a Ford F-350, Now, I am seriously considering a Dodge 3500...

Good time to buy one.... you can get a free Cummins Diesel! :nut:

Special Offer (http://www.dodge.ca/albertaoffers/en/index.php)

Hey must not be selling very well......:devil:

I give them a few more years till the end! :angel:

BokCh0y
08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I hope a Chinese company just buys them out. At least build quality would remain consistent :rofl:

Originally posted by Modelexis
I voted 6mnths because I read the poll as "how soon would you like to see Chrysler fail?"

THIS to both.

:thumbsdow chrysler

Aleks
08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
My guess is Chrysler is not going anywhere.

Ram is one of the best if not the best full size pick up on the market.

Their minivan lineup will always sell well.

Their new JGC is a really nice SUV, as good as or better than what imports offer at that price point and a lot more capable off road.

Wranglers will always have a huge following

New 300C and 200C are coming and should sell well. If they bring in the Fiat based small cars those should take care of their crappy entry level offerings.

Yes their dealers suck and they mistreat people badly but hopefully they can fix that.

Neil4Speed
08-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Their new JGC is a really nice SUV, as good as or better than what imports offer at that price point and a lot more capable off road.

Yes their dealers suck and they mistreat people badly but hopefully they can fix that.

I havn't checked out the new 2011 Cherokee to be fair, but their whole ploy was that it is "quality about Americans who care about their products and heritage" blah blah, and hopefully it is true, however the 2010/2009 absolutely could not compete with what else is out there. Sure the SRT edition looks sweet, but the interior was just such crap, everything was just so cheap, from the plastics to the leather. We wern't really looking at the SRT but rather at the Limited, and it was expensive >55k, and even more cheap feeling. After going in the Audi Q5 (granted a smaller car and less capable off road, however cheaper), it made no sense to me why somone would buy a JGC for normal city driving (which 95% of owners do).

Unknown303
08-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Ram is one of the best if not the best full size pick up on the market.

Their minivan lineup will always sell well.

Wranglers will always have a huge following

New 300C and 200C are coming and should sell well. If they bring in the Fiat based small cars those should take care of their crappy entry level offerings.

Yeah I forgot about that 2011 JGC that thing looks great. And I'm only onto my 3rd Wrangler now and I can't see myself getting anything else ever. Only if I'm getting a third vehicle would I be looking at anything that isn't a Wrangler.

Lex350
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SI_futbol
.....waiting for SRT............

hahaha no kidding!

Eleanor
08-11-2010, 10:42 PM
They'll be turned around in 3-5 years. Fiat can prop them up 'til they revamp their line up.

How many people thought Ford would be doing as well as they are now 3 years ago?

Redlyne_mr2
08-11-2010, 10:43 PM
It's going to be a tough road ahead for them. The Dodge Rams sell well here in Alberta and crappy everywhere else in Canada. In the US the same applies, the Ram is only popular in specific states which generally are the ones with lesser population. The Minivan is a great seller but the margins are small and they rely on volumes sales to turn a small amount of profit. Jeep is there strongest brand, strong resale, reliable, good looks however they may one day have to sell jeep to stay afloat. Although they have some cool SRT offerings none of them are strong sellers nor are any of the Charger/300c/Magnum sedans.

MGCM
08-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Chrysler/Dodge are not going anywhere, I could see them potentially selling Jeep if they were in a pinch but none of the 3 brands will die unless some earth shattering technology came out and 1 company took over the entire market.

911fever
08-12-2010, 12:40 AM
I hate Chrysler haha absolute junk Minus Jeep

Rat Fink
08-12-2010, 07:41 AM

darkone
08-12-2010, 09:40 AM
The sooner the better.