PDA

View Full Version : Cart racing

Shlade
08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I havent been to shakers yet.. Should go sometime soon, but how are the carts down there?

I was wondering if there are ever any cart racing competitions that go on there or anywhere in Calgary?

Itd be more fun than bagging the shit out of my car on friday nights at race city.

I would plan on buying (or building) my own cart to race. Would like to try it out..

Has anybody thought of doing this at all.. Or has done it?

If so do you need anything really other than a cart and normal safety equipment?

thanks and looking for some serious answers.. Would love to toss my brother in this with me. Good to start the kid off young..

Shlade
08-11-2010, 11:18 PM
After using my trusty friend google.. this is what I found.

http://ckrc.com/outdoor-kart-racing.asp

Ill be giving them a call tomorrow (just to make sure they are still open)

Probably gonna go visit a few places that sell carts.. Find out what its all about. This could be very fun.

kenneli
08-11-2010, 11:23 PM
My husband and I need details on how to get our daughter started in racing. We live in Texas and were told to start her in go carts, she is 6 years old. We need to know who to contact, where to get a cart, where to get the details on how the cart needs to be set up, what licensing we need, what about sponsors, where are the tracks and what are the entry fees, everything and anything someone can tell us about this and how to get her started. Thanks...:burnout:

Shlade
08-11-2010, 11:39 PM
to start in Texas or Calgary?

psycoticclown
08-11-2010, 11:41 PM
If you want to go to Shakers, a bunch of us are going on Saturday. Mainly Beyonders so you're welcome to join us. Theres a thread in the events and meet section.

Shlade
08-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I saw your thread bro,

Im stuck doing graveyards all weekend :( I hope you guys will set another one up soon.. Id be more than down to go with a few of you guys and grab a beer or something afterwards.

(thats not gay :whipped: )

psycoticclown
08-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Well we should be there most of the day so if you're free, just drop by.

Shlade
08-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Alright man, Ill do my best! Will try and come around 3 then!

arian_ma
08-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I was at shakers yesterday, the track sucks my balls. No places to pass unless you bump like mad, the lineup is huge, the karts are slow as hell, and the race lasts no longer than 5 mins.

:(

psycoticclown
08-12-2010, 04:45 PM
But it's $25 for the entire day haha. We're just going to fuck around.

maxomilll
08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Is there anyplace in Calgary with legit fast carts?
like 125cc?

e31
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Search

Just go across the highway to Heather Glen and rent a couple golf carts. Better race track & faster carts, not to mention it takes skill not to flip them at speed.