PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if you can buy a Annual Provincal BC parks pass???

2BLUE
08-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know if you can buy a Annual Provincal BC parks pass???

Not for parking...Im talking camping!!!

C_Dave45
08-11-2010, 11:53 PM
No, you can't.

2BLUE
08-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Well that blows!!!!!!!

C_Dave45
08-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Provincial Camping rates are between 10 and 30 bucks per night. How much do you think you could buy an "annual" pass that would allow you to camp anywhere for free? There's no province that sells an annual "Camping passes". Thats like wondering if there's a "annual hotel pass" available.
BC has an annual pass for water-access-only campgrounds...but there's only two or three that its good for.

2BLUE
08-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Provincial Camping rates are between 10 and 30 bucks per night. How much do you think you could buy an "annual" pass that would allow you to camp anywhere for free? There's no province that sells an annual "Camping passes". Thats like wondering if there's a "annual hotel pass" available.
BC has an annual pass for water-access-only campgrounds...but there's only two or three that its good for.

Well actually i used to have one for the NWT/yukon cost $250 or something and could camp anywhere.

Where do you see this water access only campgrounds? I cant find anything online. I would be interested on buying a pass.

C_Dave45
08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE

Well actually i used to have one for the NWT/yukon cost $250 or something and could camp anywhere.

Where do you see this water access only campgrounds? I cant find anything online. I would be interested on buying a pass.

From http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/fees/:

the annual fee (January 1 to December 31 of each year) for access by vessel applies to Cinnemousun Narrows, Silver Beach and Shuswap Lake Marine (Multi-Site) Parks.

You can also check out BC Forestry sites. They're different from provincial park campgrounds. Usually a little more rustic. Some are pay, some are free. The free ones are nothing but a campspot with maybe a picnic table and firepit. But again, no annual fee. Info on them:
http://www.vancouverisland.com/parks/?id=627