PDA

View Full Version : Three Things About Islam

freshprince1
08-12-2010, 07:37 AM
A friend posted this video on facebook. Interesting video that points out some things I had not thought about before.

Like, I was unaware of the practice of "Taqiyya", where Islam instructs its followers to lie to "infidels" if it can forward their cause. I'm not saying that other religions have never done this, but the fact that it is explicitly taught and given as instruction?...

Ib9rofXQl6w

Here's the link just in case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9rofXQl6w

Godfuader
08-12-2010, 09:00 AM
:rofl: Muslims pick and choose excerpts from the book to appear peaceful...so I will pick and choose excerpts to make them appear despicable.

Here are three quotes that I will put in video and pass off as intelligent research:

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God”--Deuteronomy 22:5

See, these quotes do nothing but try to make an mis-interpretation about someone else's viewpoints. Like my sig says...it is pointless argument.

spikerS
08-12-2010, 09:05 AM
A wise man once told me to never debate 2 things unless you want to get in a physical fight. 1, Politics, and 2, Religion.

ZeeZee
08-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1

Booga Booga Muslims Scary Booga Booga

I've read the Quran end to end several times, and most of this is news to me... lol

Someone puts together a video with words flashing across the page and narrater with a foreign accent the mouth breathers start taking it all as fact.

“The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others” - Tibetan Proverb

“Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?” - Blaise Pascal

"Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

G-Suede
08-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader
See, these quotes do nothing but try to make an mis-interpretation about someone else's viewpoints. Like my sig says...it is pointless argument.

Tell me, how is it pointless to consider and evaluate the consequences of a group of people hell bent on trying to affect radical change unto our political environment and way of life? Do you deny the problems which have begun to surface in some European countries that didn't have the foresight and common sense to say no? In turn, are you suggesting that Canadians should also roll over and let similar nonsense gain a foothold here? Open your eyes, and grow a pair.

EK 2.0
08-12-2010, 09:35 AM
:facepalm:

The practice of Taqiyya is not something we "lie to infidels" with...it was used to hide the fact we were Muslim when our lives, and the lives of our families were in immediate danger.

sexualbanana
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by spikers
A wise man once told me to never debate 2 things unless you want to get in a physical fight. 1, Politics, and 2, Religion.

As an ancient Tibetan philosopher once said:
Don't start none, won't be none.

:D

EK 2.0
08-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

As an ancient Tibetan philosopher once said:
Don't start none, won't be none.

:D

A wise philosopher from Gary, Indiana once said...

"mamase mamasa mamakusa"... :D

Antonito
08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't understand how non-muslims would be unaware of these things. They are the same as in all religions.

1. Christians can pick and choose what they want from the bible.

Well, not if they want to be "good christians". Of course this depends on the church the followers believe in. Some are hardball nutjobs, some think Jesus was a hippy and everything is optional as long as you're "groovy"

Much like how many muslims pick and choose what they want to follow as well. Of course you never hear about them because that's counterproductive to the goals of those who want you terrified of muslims

2. Islam is a political tool

Yep, just like christianity. Check out California and its Prop 8 debacle. Oh and the ridiculously popular Tea Party movement which is being hijacked by religious fanatics that like to point out that the founding fathers of America were christians, prayer in schools, etc, etc

3. Muslims can lie

One way in which islam is a more logical religion (lol oxymoron). "Are you being threatened with death for being a muslim? Yeah, you can lie your way out of that, it's ok"

Whereas I remember a lot of stories in church about how people should rather die than lie about loving god. Oh goodness the wankery that went on after the story got out about Columbine where the girl got shot because she admitted to being christian.

Modelexis
08-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by G-Suede

Tell me, how is it pointless to consider and evaluate the consequences of a group of people hell bent on trying to affect radical change unto our political environment and way of life? Do you deny the problems which have begun to surface in some European countries that didn't have the foresight and common sense to say no? In turn, are you suggesting that Canadians should also roll over and let similar nonsense gain a foothold here? Open your eyes, and grow a pair.

Language is very important in these types of duscussions... Words like "canadians" and "our" are words that have no meaning, especially when a good number of canadians are of the islamic faith.
What you seem to mean is white people that share your views, not "canadians"

LollerBrader
08-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Like, I was unaware of the practice of "Taqiyya", where Islam instructs its followers to lie to "infidels" if it can forward their cause.

In other news, credulous bigots, too stupid to research their own claims, are spreading disinformation about muslims.

Within the Islamic theological framework the concept of taqiyya ... refers to the practice of precautionary dissimulation whereby believers may conceal their faith when under threat, persecution or compulsion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

Cos
08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by spikers

Was this wise man a master of sorts. That is how you keep ones house in peace.

G-Suede
08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

Language is very important in these types of duscussions... Words like "canadians" and "our" are words that have no meaning, especially when a good number of canadians are of the islamic faith.

Please. I'm sure there are plenty of non Caucasian folks that feel the exact same way. You've probably even seen some of these folks around - Aboriginal, African, Asian, Filipino, Latin American, non-muslim South Asian, etc, etc. All Canadians, and I'd bet a large majority of those folks don't want any part of the bullshit either. You sound like just the kind of person that doesn't deserve a Canadian citizenship. Go sell your nonsense elsewhere.

Modelexis
08-12-2010, 08:56 PM
You sound like just the kind of person that doesn't deserve a Canadian citizenship.

Again you're inventing things, without any facts to base them on or rational thinking. You tell people they don't deserve to be in Canada, but the truth I'm happy to say is that your opinion means nothing.

Edit: and I just realized a very important point that your last post will help me demonstrate in a very accurate way I think.

When you claim the rights to a country and the rights to say what type of person belongs in the country, you are saying that it's right to have the majority decide who deserves to stay in the country. By saying this you are paving the way for your worst fear, an islamic take over and if it were to happen they could use the same argument you just used, that the majority is able to dictate who stays and who leaves.

So in a way you are paving the way for what you fear by participating in the notion that people can be sent from a country for not believing what the majority does.

Godfuader
08-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Again you're inventing things, without any facts to base them on or rational thinking. You tell people they don't deserve to be in Canada, but the truth I'm happy to say is that your opinion means nothing.

Edit: and I just realized a very important point that your last post will help me demonstrate in a very accurate way I think.

When you claim the rights to a country and the rights to say what type of person belongs in the country, you are saying that it's right to have the majority decide who deserves to stay in the country. By saying this you are paving the way for your worst fear, an islamic take over and if it were to happen they could use the same argument you just used, that the majority is able to dictate who stays and who leaves.

So in a way you are paving the way for what you fear by participating in the notion that people can be sent from a country for not believing what the majority does.
You just made alot of heads explode!

CUG
08-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by LollerBrader

In other news, credulous bigots, too stupid to research their own claims, are spreading disinformation about muslims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya I always meant to ask you about your avatar:

Is that a string of sausage links going in one guy's mouth, out of his ass, into another mans mouth, out his ass, then, into yet ANOTHER mans mouth, then out his ass?

What you seem to mean is white people that share your views, not "canadians" You need to present much more accurately. Saying a "good number" of Canadians are muslim, suggests that they're majority or close. They aren't. Their population in Canada is barely significant in terms of numbers... like MAYBE 4%

I used to love to throw heat in debates like these. The problem always seemed to be that supporting information for either side went on to the edge of the universe and back.

Antonito
08-12-2010, 10:31 PM
^ search 'human centipede'

G-Suede
08-12-2010, 10:36 PM

You just made alot of heads explode!

That really says a lot about you. Duly noted.

slinkie
08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
^ rofl at your sig

turbotrip
08-13-2010, 12:00 AM

Well played good sir, well played...

Tram Common
08-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Aren't we like 5 to 10 years away from discovering life on one of the already thousands of confirmed other Earth-like planets out there?

... just wait a bit longer and then you all can preach yourselves into a wall.

:drama:

bmw62
08-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by CUG

You need to present much more accurately. Saying a "good number" of Canadians are muslim, suggests that they're majority or close. They aren't. Their population in Canada is barely significant in terms of numbers... like MAYBE 4%

Do you just go through threads looking for something to say?

He's saying theres a fair amount of muslims in canada compared to other religions. Its the 3 Largest religion in Canada for your information.

RecoilS14
08-13-2010, 07:17 AM
15years ago most people couldn't even tell you what a Muslim is, most people couldn't tell the difference between them and a seikh(sp?) because it wasn't common place.

Since the mass arrival of Arabic decended immigrants began. There has been a lot of push and shove for our laws to change to reflect their religions.

If a christian went over there and started pulling this type of shit, I would have been stoned within a week of arriving.

It's seeming to me that Islam is that annoying cousin that doesn't shut up, tries to push his views on you but won't listen even when reason is pointed out in plain view.

It also seems to me the the religions are the same, Muslims are just taking a while longer to crawl out of the dark ages and learn tolerance.

I should say that the majority of CANADIAN Muslims are pretty nice people and nothing I have said is or was meant to be derogatory. I am not a bigot, I am simply stating observation.

Now that is something just to sy. In a thread since your gonna sit there and trash cug for speaking his opinion.

freshprince1
08-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by RecoilS14
15years ago most people couldn't even tell you what a Muslim is, most people couldn't tell the difference between them and a seikh(sp?) because it wasn't common place.

Since the mass arrival of Arabic decended immigrants began. There has been a lot of push and shove for our laws to change to reflect their religions.

If a christian went over there and started pulling this type of shit, I would have been stoned within a week of arriving.

It's seeming to me that Islam is that annoying cousin that doesn't shut up, tries to push his views on you but won't listen even when reason is pointed out in plain view.

It also seems to me the the religions are the same, Muslims are just taking a while longer to crawl out of the dark ages and learn tolerance.

I should say that the majority of CANADIAN Muslims are pretty nice people and nothing I have said is or was meant to be derogatory. I am not a bigot, I am simply stating observation.

Now that is something just to sy. In a thread since your gonna sit there and trash cug for speaking his opinion.

I agree whole-heartedly. The double-standards of the religion and many of its practitioners is the main issue. Western Democracies have gone through centuries of sociological evolution - and revolution - to get to where they are today. And I like where Western Democracies are, one has the freedom to speak what they want and believe in what they want.

But with the terrorist tactics (regardless of whether or not these people are the fanatical minority, they do it in the name of Islam thereby tarnishing the whole religion's image) and bullying going on, people are begining to be afraid to stand up for what they think, feel and believe in. This sickens me.

I think everyone in the country should be accountable to the same laws and the same courts, laws which have been derived on priciples of personal freedoms and equality. Sharia Law does not offer these liberties. So it bugs me when they use the democratic rights in a Western Democracy to enact laws pertaining specifically to themselves when they outrightly and blatantly deny any such freedoms in their Theocratic countries.

I'd also like to add that I know many Muslims who are excellent people that see past these tactics. These people need to speak out the loudest against the fanatics giving them a bad name.

Godfuader
08-13-2010, 08:14 AM
What "non-sense" have the European's succumbed to at the hands of the evil Mozlems? You will always bitch about Canada making poor political decisions, loose judicial system, push-over immigration policy, Quebec, money grabbing police system. Your Canada seems to let you down on a regular basis. Why dont you step up, "grow a pair", enter the Canadian political system and run the country based on your Fox News education? :dunno:

CUG
08-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bmw62

He's saying theres a fair amount of muslims in canada compared to other religions. Its the 3 Largest religion in Canada for your information. Do you keep signing up on beyond.ca after getting banned just because you're a useless and ugly twat? What a dumb post this was.

beyond_ban
08-13-2010, 11:45 AM

He's saying theres a fair amount of muslims in canada compared to other religions. Its the 3 Largest religion in Canada for your information.

You are still alive? What happened to subway last night?

dsr7723
08-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ZeeZee

I've read the Quran end to end several times, and most of this is news to me... lol

Someone puts together a video with words flashing across the page and narrater with a foreign accent the mouth breathers start taking it all as fact.

Seems like a pretty good example of this "Taqiyya" thing OP mentioned....

ZeeZee
08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by dsr7723

Seems like a pretty good example of this "Taqiyya" thing OP mentioned....

:rolleyes:

Edit: Not worth it....

bmw62
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

You are still alive? What happened to subway last night?

Nothing happened. I went to work then came home.

beyond_ban
08-13-2010, 03:29 PM
You work at subway? Are you a mid 40's brown guy acting tough online? There was only one person working, and it didn't look like your punk ass.

CUG
08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
You work at subway? Are you a mid 40's brown guy acting tough online? There was only one person working, and it didn't look like your punk ass. LOL WTF

bmw62
08-13-2010, 03:47 PM
You work at subway? Are you a mid 40's brown guy acting tough online? There was only one person working, and it didn't look like your punk ass.

Yeah thats me, but what do you mean it didnt look like my punk ass. You dont even know what i look like.

CUG
08-13-2010, 03:49 PM

Yeah thats me, but what do you mean it didnt look like my punk ass. You dont even know what i look like. Are you fucking stoned? Do you even know who it is that you're calling out? LOL

bmw62
08-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Are you fucking stoned? Do you even know who it is that you're calling out? LOL

I dont care who im calling out. Meet me at Gold's Gym at 7 tonight and bring all your friends n well see whose calling who out. Ill be in a yellow hoodie and yellow hat.

CUG
08-13-2010, 04:08 PM

I dont care who im calling out. Meet me at Gold's Gym at 7 tonight and bring all your friends n well see whose calling who out. Ill be in a yellow hoodie and yellow hat. Your tapout shirt and your false bravado isn't going to save you from what is coming your way.

CUG
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm not kidding, the meanest looking brown dudes you've ever seen will be handling you like an unruly hooker.

beyond_ban
08-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Yeah thats me, but what do you mean it didnt look like my punk ass. You dont even know what i look like.

I didn't expect some guy that calling me out online to be a over weight middle aged brown guy... who backs up 16 year old guido faggots. Good day to you sir.

statick
08-13-2010, 04:43 PM
This I gotta see. Beyond Meet at Golds :clap:

dsr7723
08-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Wow... the keyboard commandos come out hahahah all over some Islam stuff... un fuckin real

StreetRacerX
08-13-2010, 07:48 PM
ALALALALALALALAH!

Sorry had to

Putting this thread somewhat back on track, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with having faith in a religion as long as you don't push it on others, and it does not negatively effect others. I get a christian related youtube video almost everyday from my old man on Facebook.

I don't watch them, not because I think that Christianity is rubbish but because anyone can say anything in a video and post it on the net, I don't feel that the things you hear others tell you regarding religion are as accurate or true to the original format as it should be.

If I'm going to become a "hardcore christian", I'm going to read the bible myself and not go to church, because really the most raw and accurate information you can get is from the source of the information and not from the tongues of others capable of twisting it.

turbotrip
08-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by dsr7723
Wow... the keyboard commandos come out hahahah all over some Islam stuff... un fuckin real

they aren't really keyboard warriors when they are giving a time and place to meet. keyboard warriors are the ones who hide behind their computers and are afraid of real life confrontation

Modelexis
08-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
as long as you don't push it on others...I get a christian related youtube video almost everyday from my old man on Facebook...

This seems like a contradiction to me, you said pushing it on others is not acceptable, but in the next sentence you admit your dad pushes religion to you through facebook almost every day.

Unless you're admitting that what your dad does is not ok, if that is the case, I would ask why you put up with this unacceptable behavior?
Are you afraid of what your dad thinks, or is there another reason you aren't up front with your dad and explain that you don't invite such views to be pushed?

This isn't an attack on you, just want to clarify. :thumbsup:

CUG
08-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Unless you're admitting that what your dad does is not ok, if that is the case, I would ask why you put up with this unacceptable behavior?
Perhaps he's just not a sociopathic idiot who respects his parents.
Or maybe he's not going to act like a disrespectful clown towards his parents..

But.. I bet it's that he has more class than you and isn't so insecure about his own beliefs that he needs to start a war with his family about their "behaviour".

Who the fuck are you? I feel bad for your mother.

RecoilS14
08-14-2010, 02:22 AM
ok CUG, let's calm down a bit yo.

The fact of the matter is, take every religion with a grain of salt and make your decisions. Don't force them on others and just be happy knowing that you are a good person.

no one faith has it right, no one faith ever will. Why? Because religion isn't there as a set of rules and regulations. (it is, but shhh) It's there for you to find the light within the darkeness of your soul and to help you help yourself and others.

what god tells you to be good and nice, and then tells you to turn around and kill your Neighbour because he is different? Not one I want to believe in.

CUG
08-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by RecoilS14
ok CUG, let's calm down a bit yo.

Yeah, probably not. Anyone suggesting that level of disrespect to someone else parents needs their mouth slapped.

Modelexis is suggesting he is at an elevated moral and intellectual position compared to StreetracerX's parents. If he's not offended, I'll be offended for him. Regardless of his parents views, that type of condescension needs to have it's source reviewed, and exposed for the unending and pathetic blend of poor exposure to life that generates it.

Modelexis
08-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm assuming he replied to me, can't really tell tho, CUG is head of my ignore list.

pinoyhero
08-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Might just be a 500 reply thread, for now I'll stay away from relig

911fever
08-15-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't understand any religion that forces you to pray multiple times per day and to treat women as if they are below you, and that it is your duty to do so. I just cannot understand that.

Nusc
08-15-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm assuming he replied to me, can't really tell tho, CUG is head of my ignore list.

lol

turbotrip
08-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
I don't understand any religion that forces you to pray multiple times per day and to treat women as if they are below you, and that it is your duty to do so. I just cannot understand that.

I don't understand how people who have absolutely no knowledge of a religion come and teach others what that religion preaches. I just cannot understand that.

CUG
08-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Nusc

lol I've (somewhat) assumed the role of the professor, who's lecture shouldn't be ignored, lest you and those like you fail at life for the rest of your days... Just a memo.

Antonito
08-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 911fever
I don't understand any religion that forces you to pray multiple times per day and to treat women as if they are below you, and that it is your duty to do so. I just cannot understand that. Yeah Christianity/Catholocism is a bitch :nut:

creeper
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/behead_those_who_insult_islam_london.jpg

Three things you DID know about Islam:

1.) It's awesome.
2.) It's right.
3.) Don't draw Profitz.

:clap:

urbannomad
08-18-2010, 03:25 AM
There's a few errors in that video.

one of them that stuck with me is where the individual says the Qur'an is WRITTEN by one man...
Actually it was WRITTEN by many scribes/followers of the prophet (pbuh). The prophet himself was illiterate, he did not know how to read nor write, it is well documented by historians. It is said that the Prophet received revelations by the Archangel Gabriel and spoke to the prophet, and the prophet reiterated what was said by heart, and those around him fortified the word by memorizing what was said, and then later being transcribed onto paper. Again it is well documented by historians as to the process of getting the words down on paper.

You guys need to be a bit more critical of information that's passed down to you, don't just take it verbatim, always be questioning.

RecoilS14
08-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by urbannomad
There's a few errors in that video.

You guys need to be a bit more critical of information that's passed down to you, don't just take it verbatim, always be questioning.

But you should be doing that with your own religion aswell. Too many people follow someone elses INTERPERTATION of what is/was written. This goes for all sects.

People should believe what they want, not what someone has told them.

Modelexis
08-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by urbannomad
The prophet himself was illiterate, he did not know how to read nor write, it is well documented by historians.

I trimmed out the speculation and claims based on fairy-tales.
This much I can agree upon.

atgilchrist
08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Perhaps he's just not a sociopathic idiot who respects his parents.
Or maybe he's not going to act like a disrespectful clown towards his parents..

But.. I bet it's that he has more class than you and isn't so insecure about his own beliefs that he needs to start a war with his family about their "behaviour".

Who the fuck are you? I feel bad for your mother.

Quoted because Modelexis needs to read this.

Modelexis
08-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by atgilchrist
Quoted because Modelexis needs to read this.

You should also be aware that I don't take seriously anything CUG posts whether I read it or not.

semograd
08-18-2010, 02:54 PM
http://andwelcometothejam.ytmnd.com/

:poosie:

dsr7723
08-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by creeper
http://www.moonbattery.com/behead_those_who_insult_islam_london.jpg

Three things you DID know about Islam:

1.) It's awesome.
2.) It's right.
3.) Don't draw Profitz.

:clap:

PUH-LEEZE.....

this is 2010 there buddy... get with the times. You want to be tolerated don't pull this shit. You won't hear me praising the KKK saying we gotta hang everything that ain't white. That guy in the pic is a total ignorant fuck, and so are my kind who burn crosses. Grow up and get over yourself.

CUG
08-19-2010, 12:21 AM

You should also be aware that I don't take seriously anything CUG posts whether I read it or not. You do so at your own intellectual peril.

Seanith
08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Nothing disarms the uniformed kuffar like a dash of taqiyya and calls of islamophobia!

Travel_Dude
08-19-2010, 09:54 PM
:rofl: Muslims pick and choose excerpts from the book to appear peaceful...so I will pick and choose excerpts to make them appear despicable.

Here are three quotes that I will put in video and pass off as intelligent research:

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God”--Deuteronomy 22:5

Yeah. Nobody is allowed to figure out what the writer intended to mean.

Therefore no books should be read and interpreted correctly. Infact we should ban all books because some people are stupid.

/fallacy

veedubin69
08-21-2010, 12:33 AM
No weapons of mass destruction, only weapons of mass deception.