PDA

View Full Version : Possiable beyond.ca iPhone or blackberry application?

SupraEnthusiast
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I was just inquiring about a possible app for my iphone that allows a easier access and viewing process? Since I have to use safari to view and it tends to be a lengthy and quite annoying process.

Thanks,
Matt

Cody D
08-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Maybe another browser like Opera would be better for you.

SupraEnthusiast
08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Is it possible to get an opera app?

rage2
08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm browsing on my iPhone just fine. Beyond works great on 3GS and even better on iPhone 4's.

atgilchrist
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Agreed, works perfect on my 4! The flash ads don't work on my iPad, however.

bituerbo
08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
How about a beyond.ca app for missing vehicles. Just a web-based (or web-accessible) slide show of missing cars. Pic, location it was stolen, and plate. Throw that up...

Cody D
08-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SupraEnthusiast
Is it possible to get an opera app?

Yes, and it's free. I'm posting this from my iPhone though on Safari and it's fine. Maybe your problem is user generated.

jsn
08-12-2010, 07:08 PM
I use an app called Tapatalk to read nasioc and WSC. Too bad beyond isn't on that app.

ntegra98rs
08-12-2010, 07:17 PM
you think that v-bulletin would make something for mobiles..

SlickA70
08-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by jsn
I use an app called Tapatalk to read nasioc and WSC. Too bad beyond isn't on that app.

Same, sucks that beyond isn't available on Tapatalk.

I have to agree that beyond is very good on the iPhone and decent on a Blackberry.

Cos
08-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah it would be nice to have it streamlined a bit so the buttons and typing were easier.
However I am on my 3GS now so it isn't too bad.

kamakurakid
08-12-2010, 07:55 PM
The Beyond readership is too small for an app and Beyond is obviously too cheap to pay for one.

I use Safari just fine on my iPhone.

Cody D
08-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by kamakurakid
The Beyond readership is too small for an app and Beyond is obviously too cheap to pay for one.

I use Safari just fine on my iPhone.

I don't think it's about being cheap, more like just not wasting their money. Legal fees are more important.

Disoblige
08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Wait I don't get it, so most of you on your iPhones or Blackberries are surfing Beyond as if you're doing it on your computer browser?

Don't you just change your Blackberry or iPhone Identification to your phone instead of Internet Explorer or Firefox so it's a more compressed format to browse Beyond?

GoChris
08-16-2010, 03:25 PM
just add support for tapatalk. no need to build an app.

there is a version for android and iphone.

beyond_ban
08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I'm browsing on my iPhone just fine. Beyond works great on 3GS and even better on iPhone 4's.

It's about as quick as my laptop for text only pages on my 4.

Godfuader
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I just have beyond as an iPhone homepage icon. It shows the beyond logo (bottom right) Have it open the User CP page just like a 'Favorite' on my tool bar.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3165/img0380.png

Tomaz
08-17-2010, 11:13 AM
One thing I noticed is that I don't have access to my PM Inbox using my BlackBerry... Just thought of mentioning it...

GOnSHO
08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
One thing I noticed is that I don't have access to my PM Inbox using my BlackBerry... Just thought of mentioning it...

yes... this is slightly annoying..

Mibz
08-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Tapatalk doesn't support the archaic version of vB we use anyway :P

jsn
08-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Tapatalk doesn't support the archaic version of vB we use anyway :P

That's too bad. I bought tapatalk to mostly browse Beyond, only to find out it isn't supported. I mostly just read WSC and rarely nasioc with it now.

Grogador
09-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

Originally posted by GOnSHO
yes... this is slightly annoying..

I find this extremely annoying! When you're trying to coordinate a purchase/sale it seriously blows. So here's what you do:
[list=1]
Browse http://forums.beyond.ca on your Blackberry
Login
Go into a subforum
Click on someone's username (doesn't matter who)
Click on "Send <username> a private message"
Along the top in the purple bit, click on Private Messages
[/list=1]
You're now in your Inbox! You can also bookmark this page (http://forums.beyond.ca/private.php) if you like. Note that I'm using Opera but it should work the same in the Blackberry browser.

Disoblige
09-05-2010, 08:51 PM
^^

Yeah I just go to http://forums.beyond.ca/private.php and it works fine on the BlackBerry.

When you receive a PM, that link is in the e-mail (if you are receiving e-mail on your BB), so you can simply click on that, and BlackBerry will take you to your PM box.

rage2
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Do you want me to get rid of that super stripped down version for Blackberries?

adam c
09-05-2010, 10:51 PM

that would be nice

Spoons
09-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by adam c

that would be nice

Yeah it's annoying.

Grogador
09-07-2010, 03:13 AM

Yes plz it's missing a lot of stuff and the functionality is lame :(

rage2
09-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Yea, BB's used to be horrible for web browsing, so it was assigned a barebones template.

Fixed now. Let me know if that's better!

adam c
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
still the same

kvg
09-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader
I just have beyond as an iPhone homepage icon. It shows the beyond logo (bottom right) Have it open the User CP page just like a 'Favorite' on my tool bar.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3165/img0380.png I have the same and it works awsome:thumbsup:

Black Gts
09-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I find it worse. Maybe its the os I'm running, but I can't view any pictures. However I can see the avatars now.

rage2
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Black Gts
I find it worse. Maybe its the os I'm running, but I can't view any pictures. However I can see the avatars now.
So the blackberry browser still sucks? ;)

Disoblige
09-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Meh, I like the barebones one better. I don't really need to see people's avatars and signatures.

Grogador
09-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts

What device and OS? The site works/looks fine in the BB browser on my 9700 with 5.0.0.586 (yeah, slackin').

Hey, it's gotten a little better :) Opera is 8x faster anyway, thanks to their compressing proxy thingy and the way it renders.

Originally posted by Disoblige
Meh, I like the barebones one better. I don't really need to see people's avatars and signatures.

Both of those can be turned off in your user preferences. Turning off signatures is especially liberating :)

I guess the ultimate compromise would be a user setting, or different URLs for the sites (regular, mobile, touch, whatever).

EG STyLeZ
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Is there a way to make the 'Show New Posts in last 24 hours' link available on the blackberry version?

Spoons
09-08-2010, 11:22 PM

Yeah I take it back, I liked the barebones version better.

Any way to design a barer than the full website, but not so bare as the barebones one? :devil:

Disoblige
09-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm not going to turn off signatures just for the mobile. I want to see them when I'm on a computer.

Barebones + PMs FTW :D

Black Gts
09-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm on the 8300. My os is 4.5 haha.. I never really cared to upgrade. I'm leaning towards an android in the near future I think.
On another bb sucks note, I did the trusty old battery pull last night, and I can now see most pictures. The bb is not making a very good case for itself.

Disoblige
09-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Can I humbly request the Barebones be put back on? I'm not getting the Beyond satisfaction on my Blackberry anymore when I'm on the can, in my car, or in class because it loads pretty slow.

It used to be great; I could browse so many threads and load pages almost instantly. It was almost like I was using Android! :rofl:

All someone really needs for Beyond on-the-go is quick loading and easy access to threads. Can't be bothered waiting 15 seconds for a page to load. And besides, there is a "Show New Posts" link, which helps lots already.

adam c
09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Yes, can I retract the statement and go back to barebones but can you add in PM as well

roopi
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ
Is there a way to make the 'Show New Posts in last 24 hours' link available on the blackberry version?

This would be nice instead of the option to only view new posts.

Disoblige
09-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm surfing Beyond on the train and it's sooo slow. 2 stations for one reply to load.. Rage2 I beg for the barebones back lol.

Thank you.

C_Dave45
09-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Can I humbly request the Barebones be put back on? I'm not getting the Beyond satisfaction on my Blackberry anymore when I'm on the can, in my car, or in class because it loads pretty slow.

It used to be great; I could browse so many threads and load pages almost instantly. It was almost like I was using Android! :rofl:

All someone really needs for Beyond on-the-go is quick loading and easy access to threads. Can't be bothered waiting 15 seconds for a page to load. And besides, there is a &quot;Show New Posts&quot; link, which helps lots already.

Originally posted by adam c
Yes, can I retract the statement and go back to barebones but can you add in PM as well

x3!!

rob the knob
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
yes, please alter to reverse to previous format please.
very not easy to read now on my Blackberry.

rage2
09-22-2010, 07:43 AM
You blackberry guys are annoying. Get a damn iPhone or something! :rofl:

Yea, barebones is back now.

GQBalla
09-22-2010, 07:52 AM
dunno,

but im able to get to my PMs from beyond.ca scroll down on the right hand side under "recent forum discussions" theres a "read prive messages" link.

browsing on my berry is fine!

Disoblige
09-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Haha, I knew rage2 would think we're annoying.

It's adam c's fault! :D

adam c
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM
yea fine, call me a whiny bitch or something, it was worth a try to get more functionality out of the BB

EG STyLeZ
10-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

Can this be done or no?

kenny
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes, low on the priority list but we'll see if we can improve the bare bones version a bit.

Maybe if I mention the Blackberry Torch, we'll get some of those ads on here to convince you dinosaurs to upgrade :rofl:

Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Torch :)

adam c
10-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Yes, low on the priority list but we'll see if we can improve the bare bones version a bit.

Maybe if I mention the Blackberry Torch, we'll get some of those ads on here to convince you dinosaurs to upgrade :rofl:

Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Torch :)

worked