PDA

View Full Version : Spilled Gas on Paint...

SAiamNE
12-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Anyone ever accidently spilled alot of gas on the side of there car? Today i was filling up my car getting ready to store it for winter. Anyways when putting the throat of the gas jug down to the tank lots came back up and washed over and down my paint. After the jug was empty i took a wet paper towl and quickly went over the spots where i had spilled.
Do you think the paint will fade or dull where the gas got on?

Thanks

EK 2.0
12-21-2003, 06:51 PM
In my expirience no it has never faded my paint...But to be sure if you can...take it for a quick whip thru a car wash to rinse is all away really well...and then store it and you shouldn't have to worry man...But thats me and the cars I have spilled a bit of gas on so...

T5Bird
12-21-2003, 06:57 PM
As long as it's OEM or good quality paint it won't matter one bit.:thumbsup: But it definatley wouldn't hurt to give it a wash.

Bonka
12-21-2003, 07:03 PM
I've overtopped my fuel tank once before.

You need to wash the area right away, especially if your car's paint is less clean and perfect. I used some Dawn to clean the area and it looked great :)

/////AMG
12-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Wash it for the hell of it anyways, better safe than sorry eh:)

tegdream
12-22-2003, 02:16 AM
over time you can see slight fading, just wash it!

MistaBrent
12-22-2003, 02:58 AM
hehe one day I was checking out these girls while filling up my gas, got all over my car and myself, it didnt do anything to the car. Did you wash the car after if your so concerned ?

I dont think you should worry.

hjr
12-22-2003, 12:51 PM
If you have a nice paint job never clean your car with paper products. They have a tendancy to scratch it. Being that it was wet means it probably didnt, but just giving you a heads up. Now if your paint looks like mine, dont worry about the gas or the paper towel!;)

cbr_ryder
01-06-2004, 07:38 PM
haha, ur paint should be fine, me and my supervisor accidently blew up a can of paint that sprayed all over the side of his truck and we washed the whole side of thje truck with purple gas, 3 years later the paint is the same...

sputnik
01-07-2004, 08:01 AM
gas is generally fine... as long as it has a good clearcoat

brake fluid... not fine