PDA

View Full Version : Good insurance rates?

calgary403
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Do you guys know which company would have the best insurance rates? I'm asking for my g/f it's her first car she's getting insured. She got her licence about 6 months ago and does not have a driver's education certificate.

Masked Bandit
08-12-2010, 03:05 PM
She's going to fall into the government GRID program so her PLPD should be the same everywhere. If she's going to need full coverage then there will be differences from one company to the next.

calgary403
08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
She's going to fall into the government GRID program so her PLPD should be the same everywhere. If she's going to need full coverage then there will be differences from one company to the next.

Really? We've had plpd quotes from $128-$185.

:confused: :confused:

BrknFngrs
08-12-2010, 03:24 PM

Wouldn't it also be beneficial for her to take driver training to move her into a more attractive place in the "grid"?

calgary403
08-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Wouldn't it also be beneficial for her to take driver training to move her into a more attractive place in the "grid"?

Yes and I'm sure she will. But she wanted to have her car insured before then.

Masked Bandit
08-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Honestly...no.

The credit given (on PLPD) for driver training will only amount to about $300 in savings over the first two years. I think driver training can cost over $800 now.

If she was getting full coverage then yes it would be worth the money.

Masked Bandit
08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by calgary403

Really? We've had plpd quotes from $128-$185.

:confused: :confused:

I hate to say it but there are a lot of idiots in our industry. Does she live in Calgary? ANY tickets or accidents of any kind?

calgary403
08-12-2010, 04:01 PM

I hate to say it but there are a lot of idiots in our industry. Does she live in Calgary? ANY tickets or accidents of any kind?

Yes in Calgary. No tickets or accidents.