PDA

View Full Version : I clogged up deerfoot for like 20 mins

Zigo
08-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Someone forced me in the shoulder today on my bike right on deerfoot. Hit the breaks to avoid a parked flatbed, but was in a puddle, back kicked out and it slide across deerfoot :(

Kinda bummed.. Ruined my wallet, and phone when I landed in the puddle, my bike is OK, ugh :(

Some roadrash on my ass, but thats about it.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4608/88207782.png

I think it was a blue car, I got no clue.

KoukiS14
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Were you the asshat who thought it would be cool to bypass all the traffic by riding on the shoulder?

Karma ftw.

If this wasn't you, i apologize.

Zigo
08-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Can't say it was me.. Was a flatbed in that shoulder so I don't think I would make it very far either..

Happen pretty much right under 64th

Kloubek
08-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Looks to me like he moved to the shoulder to avoid the blue car? :dunno:

I just had someone do that to me this morning. I was in my car though...

KoukiS14
08-12-2010, 06:37 PM
From the way you described it and from what i saw a few hours ago i kinda jumped the gun in analyzing this.

Glad you're ok.

Zigo
08-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Looks to me like he moved to the shoulder to avoid the blue car? :dunno:

I just had someone do that to me this morning. I was in my car though...

Pretty much. and in that shoulder was one massive puddle, I was probably only doing maybe like 60 at the time.

Order some new stuff for my bike and hopefully I'll be up and back at it again soon.

aypi
08-12-2010, 06:42 PM
glad you're ok man.

a dodge caravan did the same thing to me in barlow, the fucker change lane without checking and almost hit me.

Graham_A_M
08-12-2010, 06:48 PM
^ Loud pipes save lives. Everyone knows I'm there. :D
Although I still check my mirrors religiously to know where everyone else :thumbsup:
Better to be overly safe then very sorry.

[Yu]
08-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Glad you are ok man. What was the end result of this? he didn't get away of course did he?

Zigo
08-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]
Glad you are ok man. What was the end result of this? he didn't get away of course did he?

Yea, I dunno who it what it was, I think I saw blue from my side then I was on my back.

Bike was mint, now its not :(

Edit--

On the plus side, the two paramedics where banging! God I should I said I hurt my penis or something..

JVR1
08-12-2010, 09:22 PM
shitty deal. glad to hear you walked away with minor injuries.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Glad to hear your ok!

Koleslaw
08-12-2010, 09:55 PM
LoL that was you? Crazy I drove right past that.

1-Bar
08-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Zigo

Yea, I dunno who it what it was, I think I saw blue from my side then I was on my back.

Bike was mint, now its not :(

Edit--

On the plus side, the two paramedics where banging! God I should I said I hurt my penis or something..

You have no idea on how many hawwttt Female Medics there are :drool: :drool:

Glad you're okay, :thumbsdow sideswiper.....

Zigo
08-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Koleslaw
LoL that was you? Crazy I drove right past that.

Yea that was me. Like I was pretty much just about to get on my bike and drive it to deerfoot mall and take a look at everything before the ambulance and everything came. Seems like they wanted to block deerfoot off for something to do.

Cooked Rice
08-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Glad you walked away. Gear does it's job. I laid my down my brand new bike earlier this year and walked away as well. Some cosmetic damage, but I rode home and that's all that mattered. You learn from your accidents, and the next time you go out you're a better rider. I never stay stationary beside a car. I stay far enough behind, so if they lane change without checking, there's room for them to do so without hitting me. When I pass, I usually make sure I have good space ahead of me, and do it haste-fully.

Koleslaw
08-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Yah I getting off deerfoot at 64 right when the rain started coming down like crazy and you where under the bridge

Zhariak
08-13-2010, 06:49 AM
I feel bad for all you guys on bikes that drive sanely (exception for the retards that drive like idiots).

I see people on bikes get tailed, get pushed out of lanes, etc... on a daily basis. I don't know how people can drive vehicles so irresponsibly, especially when some guy on a motorbike's life may be at risk just because your ignorant.

Ugh

Glad your ok!

Rat Fink
08-13-2010, 06:56 AM

m10-power
08-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Not to be a dick but a bike isn't very wide, no way I'd go crashing if someone pulled in beside me, just move over a bit. You should always be looking for the 'out' while riding.

I had almost the same thing happen to me on Monday on east bound Memorial. Under the lions gate bridge some woman in front of me was turning under the bridge, it was raining hard and hailing a bit, she then slammed on the brakes and turned back onto the road as I was riding by, she was completely off the road when I was entering the intersection when she cranked it and floored it back onto Memorial.

I took the middle of the two lanes, was tight between the car in the left lane and this woman whom pulled right back onto the road. I was almost right beside her door, could have touched both cars I'm sure.

Not sure how she didn't see me as I'd been following her since Crowchild and my bike is loud a f$@k. Still not sure why I didn't beat her ass at the next light, stupid bitch.

BenC
08-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I hate when goddamn cocksuckers run me off the road.
Ever since I got my twobros pipe I haven't had that happen to me
Still check my mirrors religiously as well

[Yu]
08-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by m10-power
Not to be a dick but a bike isn't very wide, no way I'd go crashing if someone pulled in beside me, just move over a bit. You should always be looking for the 'out' while riding.

I had almost the same thing happen to me on Monday on east bound Memorial. Under the lions gate bridge some woman in front of me was turning under the bridge, it was raining hard and hailing a bit, she then slammed on the brakes and turned back onto the road as I was riding by, she was completely off the road when I was entering the intersection when she cranked it and floored it back onto Memorial.

I took the middle of the two lanes, was tight between the car in the left lane and this woman whom pulled right back onto the road. I was almost right beside her door, could have touched both cars I'm sure.

Not sure how she didn't see me as I'd been following her since Crowchild and my bike is loud a f$@k. Still not sure why I didn't beat her ass at the next light, stupid bitch.

"Not to be a dick" but can you explain to me what "out" he could of looked for in this picture? Car in front, car on left, puddle on right, and in front of puddle is a truck.

You should just be glad this member is ok.

2EFNFAST
08-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't understand how some of you guys can ride bikes, especially on Deerfoot. It's was like on Deerfoot yesterday - i'm in the middle lane doing 110; some dumb bitch is in the left lane doing 115-120. We're the only 2 on the road. All of a sudden she moves from the left to middle lane (about 1 bumper-width infroint of me) and brakes. WTF.

m10-power
08-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]

"Not to be a dick" but can you explain to me what "out" he could of looked for in this picture? Car in front, car on left, puddle on right, and in front of puddle is a truck.

You should just be glad this member is ok.

Have you ever seen bikes lane splitting? same concept. Problem is your looking at it from the point of view of a car driver. Bikes are narrow, easily could have rode in the same lane side by side, instead panicked and rode into a big puddle and crashed on the brakes.

If your not prepared for this situation you will do exactly the same, assume everyone is going to change lanes into you and plan what you would do.

He is lucky not to be seriously hurt, hopefully he will learn from this and be better prepared next time. Riding a bike isn't too hard, but handling these kinds of situations can be without the proper experience and plan.

Zigo
08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
This truck was at a small angle, was a large flatbed semi. I didn't really want to get run over by the car behind me so. By the time I was in the shoulder I had to brake or I'd smoke that truck doing 60 or so, but I was deep into this puddle/gravel mixture, back kicked out, bike flew back into traffic (Not hitting anyone) and I was sliding around in the shoulder in this big ass puddle.

Mar
08-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by aypi
glad you're ok man.

a dodge caravan did the same thing to me in barlow, the fucker change lane without checking and almost hit me. This only happened to your once? Happens to me every day.

SR240SX
08-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Crazy dude....I was infront of you at first and saw you in my rear view and thought damn, must suck to ride in this crazy rain...then I saw you pass a truck with a motor home or whatever and 20 seconds later I almost hit the guy infront of me because he slammed on his brakes with his hazards on...next thing I saw was you getting up and that guy helping you pick the bike up...Shitty deal man, Bike looked a little beat up but good thing your ok.

Zigo
08-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
Crazy dude....I was infront of you at first and saw you in my rear view and thought damn, must suck to ride in this crazy rain...then I saw you pass a truck with a motor home or whatever and 20 seconds later I almost hit the guy infront of me because he slammed on his brakes with his hazards on...next thing I saw was you getting up and that guy helping you pick the bike up...Shitty deal man, Bike looked a little beat up but good thing your ok.

The car must of not had enough room to brake so it pulled into me really fast or something, and I was up pretty fast hahah, was more worried about my bike then me.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9940/sspx2450.jpg

Bike has got some decent damage to the one side. Fairings will need to be redone, front brake lever is bent, front mirror/ signal, and the back brake pads are now gone.

Skyline_Addict
08-14-2010, 05:26 PM
this happens all too much. calgary drivers are too incompotent to generally see people on bikes, amongst other things.

Mamma_Mia
08-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Loud pipes save lives.

:werd:

I agree!! I don't care how many people complain about loud bikes, I like knowing if there is a bike near by or coming my way!

Zigo
08-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Mamma_Mia

:werd:

I agree!! I don't care how many people complain about loud bikes, I like knowing if there is a bike near by or coming my way!

I'm still going to agree with m10-power, It was my fault, I probably could of handled it better. Next time it wont happen.

You don't need loud pipes to be safe, its the rider not the pipes.

Lesson learned, and now I'll have more mechanical skill taking this baby apart.

-It's funny I think someone said I would get a wake up call, I'm normally in Shorts and a T. Will be leathers all the time from now on.

oh... ^Female... A/S/L? Boobs?!

m10-power
08-15-2010, 02:07 AM

I'm still going to agree with m10-power, It was my fault, I probably could of handled it better. Next time it wont happen.

-It's funny I think someone said I would get a wake up call, I'm normally in Shorts and a T. Will be leathers all the time from now on.

Bike doesn't look that bad, just count yourself lucky you got through the 'first' time without major injury. I buried a few friends over the years that didn't get a second chance.

Glad you didn't take my comments the wrong way, wasn't meant to belittle you in anyway.

403Gemini
08-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Dude, if any of us were on a bike and saw a 3000lbs+ vehicle swerve towards us, I would imagine a lot of us would probably "overreact" and swerve further out of the lane than is necessary, but maybe that's just me :rofl:

Zigo
08-15-2010, 05:58 PM
So i'm overnighting some Fairings, and a few other parts from japan.

JDM freshness.

Hope they fit somewhat decently...

ZorroAMG
08-16-2010, 01:50 AM
[i]Calgary drivers are too incompotent to generally see people on bikes, amongst other things. [/B]

LMAO come to Vancouver, where all the stereotypes are true. Calgary will look like a lovely place to drive.

maxomilll
08-16-2010, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

LMAO come to Vancouver, where all the stereotypes are true. Calgary will look like a lovely place to drive.

Damn. I'm moving there this year and bringing my bike. I was hoping it was going to be better there. :guns: