PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Vinyl Siding

msouther
08-14-2010, 10:22 AM
I was just wondering if anybody on here has cleaned their vinyl siding or if you know of a company who does this and does a good job?

I would prefer a company who washes it by hand with environmentally friendly detergent of some kind.

I don't have a big enough ladder to do it properly myself and wouldn't mind hiring someone to do it. After 4 years it has a bit of bleaching happening due to the elements.

Another reason I ask is because I had to replace a few pieces and of course they aren't an exact match. If I clean the rest of it, it should blend in nicely together. Thanks!

masoncgy
08-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Yep, my rental property in Temple has vinyl siding and I clean it every spring with a soft bristled brush & a pressure washer.

The trick is to spray the surface at a downwards angle so you are not blowing water up and behind the siding.

I've never bothered with any type of detergent or anything... it's just accumulated dust & dirt which will come off with a quick soak with water, brush and then water rinse.

I don't know of any specific companies myself... what style is your house (2 storey, bi-level, etc)?

msouther
08-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. It is a 2 storey and I would gladly do it myself, but I don't think my ladder will permit me to do it properly. I did a few Google searches and read about spraying down as you mentioned, therefore I would need a pretty high ladder for that.