PDA

View Full Version : Door Dings/Rock Chips

msommers
08-15-2010, 05:57 PM
http://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/95437-how-chip-repair-wetsanding-some-obligatory-polishing.html

Good guide to follow, but I'm a little nervous wetsanding. Knowing my luck, I'd manage to fuck it up some how haha. Is there anyone in town that does this professionally, or is it actually quite easy?

I got a nice fucking door ding or possible someone jamming their key into my passenger door today. Fuckin thing is right down to the metal. Got a couple others I'd like to get fixed like the job done in the link.

Oh, if you have a black Hyundai Accent and parked downstairs in Eau Claire this afternoon, read the note I left you and do what's right to fix this. In case you don't remember or the note is somehow "misplaced", you parked 2" from my car and nearly smashed your windshield into a heating duct to get a "spot" beside me.

Here's your license plate:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/matt_calgary/IMG00058-20100815-1603.jpg

msommers
08-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Well the lady called me back. Some people are un-fucking believable. Apparently she has witnesses that say my car was all dinged up everywhere. HA. I'd like to hear the same from Renee who just detailed the outside yesterday! This was all the while they're in the garage downstairs, while I, checked my car outside.

I don't think it's worth the hassle of going through insurance, this stupid fucking broad sounds so sure of herself because she has "witnesses". She says, "well I'm calling my insurance company tomorrow to let them know about you."

Me: Honestly, why would I lie about this. I didn't even open my door on that side.

Her: Why would I lie about it?

Me: Because you parked ridiculously close to my car and HAD TO GET OUT!

Her: Well you were the one who was inconsiderate, taking up 1.5 spots.

Me: That's not even a parking spot! And that's a reason to hit my car?!

It was back and forth. She even had the audacity to say she has door dings and that she can say I made them. I ended with a karma comment and hung up. I'm honestly dumbfounded and livid right now. Worth the insurance hassle? I doubt it. But fuck the principle of the matter would really make my day.

Disoblige
08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
msommers, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Indeed, some people are just un-fucking-believable.

Were you able to line up the ding with her car? She can say whatever she wants, but honestly the proof is in the damage on her door and your door. Plus maybe you can use Renee as a "witness" as a professional detailer on the kind of damage that occurred.

You know what? If you have the time, honestly go ahead and go with it. It's not about the money anymore, but the fact you want to rub this in her face. Do the insurance and make her life less easy, because chances are people like that NEVER learn. They will always do it no matter what because they see cars as "Point A" to "Point B".. Well, until it happens to THEM and then they just key the whole fucking car because that's how respectful they are.

So yeah good luck man, I really hope you go with it based on her response.

inline6turbo
08-15-2010, 09:58 PM
If you can spare some time I can help you do it, and wet sand it for you. No charge, just helping

Just a thought.

msommers
08-15-2010, 10:18 PM
I talked to my step dad about it. Cooled me down a little and we both figured out how she's lying out her ass. I was going to call my insurance and ask them about this. Problem is some insurance companies count that as a "claim." I'll have to think about it, problem is I don't have time to fuck around with insurance. The only reason I was downtown today was to go to the office haha. I didn't even notice the damage until I was outside, the lighting down there is horrible and I could barely open the door to check it, let alone fit between the cars without scratching the shit out of both our cars. Where it is and where her door would have ended up, I'm very suspicious.

Renee that is a wonderful gesture. I probably will end up taking you up on it given how this week is expected to go. I'll PM ya in a couple days and let you know.

Ahh to find this broad's info would be hilarious...