PDA

View Full Version : What to do with this car?? Help

Awd-Tsi
08-15-2010, 10:11 PM
I have a 2000 ford crown Vic cop ex cop car, the radiator started leaking and is now pissing coolant. I don't want to put the money and time into replacing the radiator. What is the best option for at least getting some of the money back on the car?

Other then this everything else works on the car

EvolizePhoto
08-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Before you take it to the dump, call me I'll take it off your hands for a case of beer.

Scuderia
08-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Sell it as-is. I'll take it off your hands too, how much do you want for it? Either that or find some of that cheap shit people use to stop leaks in radiators.

Graham_A_M
08-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Um, replace the rad and the hoses. Check to see where its pissing coolant from. The hoses will be dirt cheap.
If its the Rad, it wont cost more then $400 to fix. Or I can take it off your hands. :dunno:

sevewone
08-15-2010, 10:20 PM
just get a rad from PNP and hoses, cheapest option, and its easy to do.

Awd-Tsi
08-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I'll sell it for 300 bucks to whoever wants it. I just don't have time to deal with it right now. I'll try and take a closer look but I know it's leaking right from bottom of the rad as I poored a bunch of water and it went straight down

master hec0
08-15-2010, 11:43 PM
the parts are easy as hell to find at picknpull tons of Taxi crown vics are scrapped there.

Edit: post pics and info of the car please.

toastgremlin
08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
More information (mileage, etc) would be great, thanks.

Awd-Tsi
08-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Okay, well it was a cop car then a taxi. It still has the slots where the lights used to be, it has the side part that would go accross the drivers head, it has stab seats so you cant even jab a knife through it. Has p71 police package, power windows, mirrors and locks. 433k on it right now. As for pics ill try and put some up. some friends and I have been painting it for fun, so it has some flames on the front, racing stripes, etc but could easily be painted over or even power washed off.

MGCM
08-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Awd-Tsi
Okay, well it was a cop car then a taxi. It still has the slots where the lights used to be, it has the side part that would go accross the drivers head, it has stab seats so you cant even jab a knife through it. Has p71 police package, power windows, mirrors and locks. 433k on it right now. As for pics ill try and put some up. some friends and I have been painting it for fun, so it has some flames on the front, racing stripes, etc but could easily be painted over or even power washed off.

is this car located in the SE? I think I saw you and your friends driving down an alley earlier today.

Awd-Tsi
08-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by MGCM

is this car located in the SE? I think I saw you and your friends driving down an alley earlier today. yeah probably, they were replacing spark plugs on it.

MGCM
08-16-2010, 12:34 AM
yeah probably, they were replacing spark plugs on it.

Riverbend? When I turned into the alley I wasn't sure the flatdeck was going to make it thru, but he somehow managed to squeeze by.

Shlade
08-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Ill give you $200 and ill pick it up tomorrow.

only because the mileage is high as shit

Awd-Tsi
08-16-2010, 01:27 AM

Riverbend? When I turned into the alley I wasn't sure the flatdeck was going to make it thru, but he somehow managed to squeeze by. ya i dunno I never saw a flat bed, i was probably at work.

Well highest offer so far it 275, so ill say highest offer by tomorrow takes it :D

MGCM
08-16-2010, 02:21 AM
ya i dunno I never saw a flat bed, i was probably at work.

It was around 6pm when the flatdeck arrived and about 6:30pm when I left, maybe it was your friends driving it down the alley? There is an old muscle car at the one end of the alley that is is being worked on and on the front street a Yellow Cobalt SS Turbo(2 separate owners, just the most "stand out" cars i could think of to reference the alley and the street to).

Awd-Tsi
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM

It was around 6pm when the flatdeck arrived and about 6:30pm when I left, maybe it was your friends driving it down the alley? There is an old muscle car at the one end of the alley that is is being worked on and on the front street a Yellow Cobalt SS Turbo(2 separate owners, just the most "stand out" cars i could think of to reference the alley and the street to). sounds right, but just to verify the crown vic was NOT on a flat bed.

Still for sale, keep the offers coming. just pm me

Awd-Tsi
08-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Still up for sale. Someone gimme like 275 or something and take
it lol. A rad is 35 bucks from
pnp

Graham_A_M
08-16-2010, 08:08 PM
You cant go to PNP to get a "new" Rad, these are the Police interceptors which use an upgraded cooling system. So the rad is MUCH more beefy then offered on a regular crown vic.

Kloubek
08-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Could always try stop-leak. But if you do, and it works, please tell any prospective buyer you did so. :)