PDA

View Full Version : any local cell unlockers?

Thaco
08-16-2010, 12:21 PM
anybody know of any local cell unlockers that have the hardware sim unlocks?

I want to get a Vibrant from Bell and use it on Fido

I ordered some of the unlockers from dealextreme but don't wanna wait that long for this phone (2 weeks+ usually for shipping from DX)

some people have reported that certain hardware unlockers work... one guy said he went to a place in Vancouver and they tried about 10 different one and eventually one of them worked...

do we have places here that can do that?

[Yu]
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Search Omega cell, they are down at 17th ave SW and give them a shout to see if they can do it.

Thaco
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]
Search Omega cell, they are down at 17th ave SW and give them a shout to see if they can do it.

apparently that place does not exist anymore, their phone number is DC'd and the website only shows an edmonton location.

spike98
08-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
anybody know of any local cell unlockers that have the hardware sim unlocks?

I want to get a Vibrant from Bell and use it on Fido

I ordered some of the unlockers from dealextreme but don't wanna wait that long for this phone (2 weeks+ usually for shipping from DX)

some people have reported that certain hardware unlockers work... one guy said he went to a place in Vancouver and they tried about 10 different one and eventually one of them worked...

do we have places here that can do that?

I haven't heard of not one single perminant unlock of the bell vibrant. Not one.

Where did you hear that its been done from. There was a guy advertising on craigslist vacouver that he could do them but after being asked by several others he admited he couldnt.

If you do find one however, please let me know. I would make the drive from the hat to calgary JUST to get one done.

Thaco
08-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by spike98

I haven't heard of not one single perminant unlock of the bell vibrant. Not one.

Where did you hear that its been done from. There was a guy advertising on craigslist vacouver that he could do them but after being asked by several others he admited he couldnt.

If you do find one however, please let me know. I would make the drive from the hat to calgary JUST to get one done.

just off various forums some people have posted that specific hardware ones do work, when i receive my stuff i will go buy a vibrant and try all of them (i ordered 4 different brands/versions) hoping one works, will let you know which one works if any of them do.

spike98
08-16-2010, 02:00 PM
I picked one up the day before launch and i really dont want to return it because its a rare 3 button download mode one. But the two weeks is coming up on thursday and i dont want to lose money on the sucker.

Thaco
08-16-2010, 02:17 PM
unfortunately i don't think I'll get my shipment from DX for a couple weeks.

spike98
08-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Wow just found out today that its 10 days to return. So retarded. So i have a locked bell vibrant now with no network to use it on haha. Booo.

I ordered a pile of those sim unlockers from DX too. But i got in before everyone started getting them so i think i might get them sooner. We'll see. Ill let you know if i get mine first what works.

Thaco
08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
i just got my shipment notification yesterday for mine, if mine get here first we'll meet up and try them in your phone so i don't have to buy a phone and return it if they don't work.