PDA

View Full Version : Time for some new tires

LEGiiT
08-16-2010, 02:20 PM
So the time is nearing for a set of new tires for my M3 and I'd like some opinions whether I should keep my Nitto Invo's or upgrade to a whole new set of 4?

The PilotSport2s are another option that are similar in performance and price. Are there any more tires that I could look into that are similar to the Invo's or PS2's? Price +\- $650/tire (rear) and $450 (front)

Also, as some tires are only made to certain sizes, here is the tire sizes I have already:
305/30ZR19 (R)
245/35ZR19 (F)

The OE M3 18s have PS2s and the OE Porsche Turbo 19s have PS2s. My parents 993 has Perelli PZero's. Any one care to enlighten me about Perelli's?

Thanks,
Liam.

Aaron@Tuner
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey there,

We actually sell all those tires listed above and I can give you some other recommendations as well. Give us a call here and we can set you in the right direction!

wardpr68
08-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Dunlop Direzza, love em.

Aaron@Tuner
08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
Dunlop Direzza, love em.

Not available anywhere near those sizes unfortunately, but yes, it is a great tire.

MGCM
08-16-2010, 03:21 PM
my top picks for tires are , the dunlop direzza(not available to you :( that sucks they are awesome tires), then the kuhmo XS, and the Michelin pilot sport cup tires. If any of those are available in the right sizes you will be pleasantly surprised at how much grip they offer!!!

Mitsu3000gt
08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo. Amazing tire, great reviews, good price, and dead quiet (noise was a big deal for me but didn't want to sacrifice performance). I couldn't be happier with them, and those who I have recommended them to are very happy as well. Do some searching and I don't think you will find a bad word about them. Have a look at tirerack.com before you buy to get an idea of what you should be paying for them here (after shipping & exchange).

Aaron @ Tunerworks gave me a good deal on the set I bought in 235/35/19, very happy with the service.

MGCM
08-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo. Amazing tire, great reviews, good price, and dead quiet (noise was a big deal for me but didn't want to sacrifice performance). I couldn't be happier with them, and those who I have recommended them to are very happy as well.

Aaron @ Tunerworks gave me a good deal on the set I bought in 235/35/19, very happy with the service.

I knew i was forgetting a tire or two, the new Ventus V12 Evo has gotten some great reviews as well, a definate competitor against the Kuhmo/Dunlop/Michelin

LEGiiT
08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks, everyone.

boarderfatty
08-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I have had Pilot Sport 2's Pirelli P-Zero's and this summer am rocking Dunlop SP Sport Maxx Gt's on my Carrera 4s. As an all around tire I barely prefer the Michlin, I didn't really care for the Pirelli, and I currently love my Dunlops. I think the Dunlop is the best tire performance wise, feels a lot mor solid, and holds the best by far, the only problem I have with it is that it does not perform well in rain which we have had almost every day in edmonton this summer.

Depending on what you are looking if it is a daily driver in summer I would say the PS2, if it is a toy I would go Dunlop