PDA

View Full Version : DVD-R - burning movies

wanna-be
12-22-2003, 10:38 AM
does anyone burn real dvd's? either downloading them or renting them and burning them using the dvd-r burners out there?

if you do, please let me know if it works. where you download (if you download) the dvd images.

please also explain the quality

if its possible, and produces good shit, i'm thinking about buying one. any help would be greatly appreciated

hellcat
12-22-2003, 11:00 AM
I haven't used mine yet but my roomate has. The quality is great. You can copy onto 2 DVD-R's and get the exact dvd quality or with a slight compression you can fit it onto 1 DVD-R. Even with the slight compression any loss in quality was negligable. If you don't care about the illegality of downloading movies then get Bit Torrent and goto http://www.suprnova.org They have an amazing selection of movies and you can download the DVD files and burn them I believe. My roomate and I use DVDXCopy and it works great. You put in the DVD hit copy and it copies it. You have to deal with a 10 second message saying This movie is a copy at the begining of your copies but its worth it.

rage2
12-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Illegal chat is not allowed here thanks.