PDA

View Full Version : TUNERWORKS is hiring. Warehouse and delivery

Tuner1
08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
** This position has been filled **

Tunerworks has an immediate job opening for a full-time staff member to perform the following duties, including, but not limited to:

-General warehouse duties
-Shipping and receiving of inventory
-Cleaning and organizing the shop
-Driving the shop van
-Many misc chores and jobs

You will spend your days surrounded by cool cars, nice parts and a great team of people!

This is a FULL-TIME position, not a job to kill a month or two of time before going into retirement!
Experience in this field or any type of automotive related industry is a big plus.

Pay is dependent on experience and starts @ $12/hr.

Please fax your resume to 403-398-9834 or email it to resumes @ tunerworks . com

lellowrx7
08-16-2010, 05:49 PM
do you have to have a squeaky clean license for the delivery job?

leftwing
08-19-2010, 02:50 PM
12/hr? I think the best you will get is high school students.

Zewind
08-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Tuner1

Please fax your resume to 403-398-9834 or email it to resumes @ tunerworks . com

Originally posted by leftwing

12/hr? I think the best you will get is high school students.

Dependent on experience it could always be more.

Damn if I didnt have a full time career Id love to do work with you guys.

Spoons
08-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Zewind

Dependent on experience it could always be more.

Damn if I didnt have a full time career Id love to do work with you guys.

Yeah but you also have a couple posts down a warehouse job paying $18 to start. I'd say $12/hr for labour warehouse is a little low, especially with how much things cost now, assuming you want an older mature employee. I've got the experience including Kal-Tire warehouse, warehouse I am at now, etc. But damn $12/hr I can not live on... not a FT career.

No offense or anything.

911fever
08-24-2010, 10:01 AM
$12 an hour? Is this 2002?

Modelexis
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Willing to sign a contract to work weekends for free with wages going toward a certain 500E.
Probably take me about 2 years to acquire said property.

:D

MaxxLee
08-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 911fever
$12 an hour? Is this 2002?

lol

Type_S1
08-24-2010, 11:06 AM
The only people you are going to hire is 16 year olds with no experience. Mcdonalds makes like $10/h now hahahaha

You expect people to do labor for $12/h when any person without a criminal record can go to another warehouse and make 18?

ANNNNNDDD they have the nerve to tell them they want this to be their career not a few month thing. GTFO with this kind of offer.

tirebob
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
The only people you are going to hire is 16 year olds with no experience. Mcdonalds makes like $10/h now hahahaha

You expect people to do labor for $12/h when any person without a criminal record can go to another warehouse and make 18?

ANNNNNDDD they have the nerve to tell them they want this to be their career not a few month thing. GTFO with this kind of offer.

Because someone with no experience is sooooo much better off working at a cool job like McD's for $10.00 bucks an hour than they are having an opportunity to get into an industry like this with no experience learning the ropes while being immersed in a car culture that is far more interesting than flipping burgers???

A shop enviroment warehouse gig like this is not like warehousing lumber. It is more like inventory control when parts arrive and ship and the rest of the time learning the in's and out's of a very fun and cool industry. If you have no experience at all but are dead interested in this industry as a career and can start at $12.00 and hour and work your way up, this ain't a bad gig...

If you are simply out after the instant fast buck then you can look elsewhere of course, but why even respond if your not interested??? Someone else may not be as short sighted...

Little Dragon
08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
If this was part-time I'd be all over it.
My current job has me recieving inventory all day long. As well as taking orders on occassion.

Looking to hire on weekends? Hell I'd take a lesser pay too, just so I can work around stuff that interests me. :D

JfuckinC
08-24-2010, 12:48 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/313557/good-article-if-you-are-a-lost-20-something-year-old/

banned3x
08-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Dude I would quit my job and leave my wife and kids and move up to Calgary just to be around beautiful exotics and do a job I would love to do. Its not about money its about being happy what you do and not some boring ass desk job. If money is an issue then get a p/t and when you move up to manager then quit other said job.

Originally posted by Tuner1
Tunerworks has an immediate job opening for a full-time staff member to perform the following duties, including, but not limited to:

-General warehouse duties
-Shipping and receiving of inventory
-Cleaning and organizing the shop
-Driving the shop van
-Many misc chores and jobs

You will spend your days surrounded by cool cars, nice parts and a great team of people!

This is a FULL-TIME position, not a job to kill a month or two of time before going into retirement!
Experience in this field or any type of automotive related industry is a big plus.

JZS_147
08-24-2010, 05:01 PM
i agree with tire bob. when i started in the industry i was making peanuts. 3 years later I am in a great position in the industry making good money and I love my job. I love waking up in the morning and looking forward to work.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Start small, work your ass off, and as soon as you know it you will be moving up the ranks if you have a good attitude and work ethic.

I think this would be a great position for someone coming straight out of high school and looking at getting started in the industry.

CUG
08-24-2010, 05:36 PM
...the post DID say depending on experience. To me, that sounds like if you have experience in this, they're willing to pay you more. :dunno:

Doesn't sound like a crazy paced job at all.. perfect for a punk kid who likes cars..

Graham_A_M
08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Cool position, I'd be interested as well, but for $12/hr?
hopefully *WITH* experience would pay significantly more.
You cant live on that in Calgary.... you just cant unless you live with your parents or have 2 dozen room-mates, or have another job to make up for the pay of this one.

maxomilll
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I'd love to jump on this. I'm currently look for FT work and it's right up my ally... to bad I'm moving to Vancouver in january.

:cry:

Jeff_E
08-24-2010, 11:08 PM
This is a great opportunity for a car enthusiast out there. I wish I can do this as a part time job. I am quitting my current job at Sunridge Nissan dealership as a sales consultant because I am going back to school this september and will take a Business Administration major in Automotive management course. I hope tuner works will give opportunity to people who are willing to part time especially after school and during weekends. I am very interested to share all my knowledge and experience and who doesn't want to work with a company with exotic cars just sitting right outside of the shop? hahaha.. I really want to know if you guys will be able to accept part time.

THIS IS A GREAT JOB OPPORTUNITY =)

thepyrofish
08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by tirebob

Because someone with no experience is sooooo much better off working at a cool job like McD's for $10.00 bucks an hour than they are having an opportunity to get into an industry like this with no experience learning the ropes while being immersed in a car culture that is far more interesting than flipping burgers???

A shop enviroment warehouse gig like this is not like warehousing lumber. It is more like inventory control when parts arrive and ship and the rest of the time learning the in's and out's of a very fun and cool industry. If you have no experience at all but are dead interested in this industry as a career and can start at $12.00 and hour and work your way up, this ain't a bad gig...

If you are simply out after the instant fast buck then you can look elsewhere of course, but why even respond if your not interested??? Someone else may not be as short sighted...

No offense, but shipping & receiving does not equal inventory control. I do inventory control for a living (warehousing aircraft parts) and it is so much more than what this job posting is talking about. Someone in inventory control for a facility with any decent volume does not really have time for "general warehouse duties" and "misc chores" (apparently I have time to be looking at job postings on beyond though :rofl: )

Still, for someone straight outta HS who wants to get some experience in something that could land him/her a great career down the road this could be a cool opportunity. It's a foot in the door into 2 different industries (automotive and potentially logistics/supply chain).

I started out as a material handler doing whatever bitch work was thrown my way. I made around $12 starting wage in that job. The expereince I got and the people I met lead me to where I am now, with a job that does pay pretty well and supports my family. You can't start out on top.

tirebob
08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by thepyrofish

No offense, but shipping & receiving does not equal inventory control. I do inventory control for a living (warehousing aircraft parts) and it is so much more than what this job posting is talking about. Someone in inventory control for a facility with any decent volume does not really have time for "general warehouse duties" and "misc chores" (apparently I have time to be looking at job postings on beyond though :rofl: )

Still, for someone straight outta HS who wants to get some experience in something that could land him/her a great career down the road this could be a cool opportunity. It's a foot in the door into 2 different industries (automotive and potentially logistics/supply chain).

I started out as a material handler doing whatever bitch work was thrown my way. I made around $12 starting wage in that job. The expereince I got and the people I met lead me to where I am now, with a job that does pay pretty well and supports my family. You can't start out on top.

I never meant to say that inventory control is an entry level position or a warehousing position... Obviously there are positions in certain industries or business' of size where that is a crazy stressful high level position, but I was more referring to this type of business in particular, where warehousing is not a constant freak out of containers of goods coming in daily and shipping daily. It is more about receiving and shipping goods at a retail level, making sure that things are put away where they can be found, checking that the correct items ordered are what was received etc. Maybe noticing when certain regular stoicking items are getting low and notifying those who do the re-ordering etc. It isn't usually a non-stop 9 hour day, 365 days a year of nothing but warehousing. There are gaps of time where you can start to learn other aspects of business and get to do other things.

gqboy322
08-25-2010, 12:39 PM

I never meant to say that inventory control is an entry level position or a warehousing position... Obviously there are positions in certain industries or business' of size where that is a crazy stressful high level position, but I was more referring to this type of business in particular, where warehousing is not a constant freak out of containers of goods coming in daily and shipping daily. It is more about receiving and shipping goods at a retail level, making sure that things are put away where they can be found, checking that the correct items ordered are what was received etc. Maybe noticing when certain regular stoicking items are getting low and notifying those who do the re-ordering etc. It isn't usually a non-stop 9 hour day, 365 days a year of nothing but warehousing. There are gaps of time where you can start to learn other aspects of business and get to do other things.

^i agreed with bob. hopefully they hire me :D

Jlude
08-25-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd rather tell people I work at Tunerworks than Mcdonalds.

Mitsu3000gt
08-25-2010, 12:53 PM
It's one thing to get into the industry, but $12/hr doesn't pay the bills unless you live at home with zero expenses as that isn't even 2 grand a month before taxes. So, basically a high school student is the most likely candidate and they can't work a full time job because of school. Anyone out of high school probably has education bills to pay among many other things.

Nobody is questioning the value of the opportunity but unless there is someone looking for full time work who has almost no expenses it's going to be hard to find someone.

8 years ago when I was 17, $12/hr was easy to get with much less responsibility. Summer students in their first year of University or College are making $26/hr filing all day in oil companies.

G-ZUS
08-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Summer students in their first year of University or College are making $26/hr filing all day in oil companies.

Pm some info on this :D

Mitsu3000gt
08-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Pm some info on this :D

Haha it's no secret. 4 years ago when I was a summer student myself and friends were making ~$26/hr at Shell, Encana, Provident, True Energy Devon, etc. Some a bit more, some a bit less. Should be easy to get at least $20/hr to start.

thepyrofish
08-25-2010, 01:16 PM

Fair enough. I certainly didn't say that to put down or belittle the position. It is very easy for an entry level job like this to morph into something with a lot more responsibility and opportunity, especially in a smaller shop-type environment. It really is just a matter of getting your foot in the door so that you have a chance to learn and see what direction you'd like to go.

If I were 18 again, living at home, I would be all over this job.

G
08-25-2010, 02:53 PM
4 years ago all you need to do is breath and you will get $20 plus a hour. Not so much now.

Haha it's no secret. 4 years ago when I was a summer student myself and friends were making ~$26/hr at Shell, Encana, Provident, True Energy Devon, etc. Some a bit more, some a bit less. Should be easy to get at least $20/hr to start.

msommers
08-25-2010, 05:01 PM

I'm very close to that and I'm a summer student. It's for a professional position though, nothing like filing. I bet companies have realized their ridiculous spending before. Maybe they needed bodies that bad, I'm not entirely sure. The most I had heard was 27/hr at Devon.

As for this particular job, $12/hr w/o experience is going to get the exact person you're projecting you're wanting. That being said, this is a fantastic opportunity if this is the field one would want to pursue. My first geo job, 3 years ago now, started me at $12.50. I could have made a lot more doing landscaping, construction, etc but the experience there has certainly paid for itself. Now I have two geo jobs and I haven't even graduated yet.

Get your foot in the door and don't fuck it up :thumbsup:

brokeass
08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
I fail to see how this job could open opportunities...

gqboy322
08-25-2010, 05:18 PM
i dont think starting 12/hr is low. cuz you will work your way up to higher wage.

msommers
08-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by brokeass

Contacts and a company name for starters. Way to make your first post count:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ryder_23
08-25-2010, 05:59 PM

Its not about what you know, its about who you know.

Most of the jobs I've had, I've got through people I've known, met at work or worked for previously. I got laid off in April, decided to take month off, within 2 days I had 3 job offers because of previous good work I've done with people. Everything opens opportunities.

btimbit
08-25-2010, 06:44 PM
I applied for this. It's not about working $12/h, it's about getting your foot in the door and doing something you love. If I stick with my current job I could make more money, but I want to get started in this industry and this is an excellent opportunity. So boo to you naysayers, I'm excited and hopeful here.

gqboy322
08-25-2010, 06:57 PM
i applied too but no hear back yet

Jlude
08-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
I applied for this. It's not about working $12/h, it's about getting your foot in the door and doing something you love. If I stick with my current job I could make more money, but I want to get started in this industry and this is an excellent opportunity. So boo to you naysayers, I'm excited and hopeful here.

Exactly!

For someone fresh outta HS, or just looking for a change. This is a great opportunity to get in with a great shop with a good name and although the pay isn't great, it's a door that leads to another. It's whatever you make it. The right person can take this job, work their ass off and start to make something of them-self. Everyone started somewhere.

GOnSHO
08-26-2010, 01:42 PM
should see a resume from my buddy Tyler K coming in

Dodobird
08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
SHIT I'd be all over this, but I'd assume I'm a bit young, and have to go to school... Would be an amazing opportunity though.

RiceMonkey
08-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by gqboy322
i dont think starting 12/hr is low. cuz you will work your way up to higher wage.

I think it's low. Parts Driver Start 17.50 (3 years ago..)

Awd-Tsi
08-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by gqboy322
i applied too but no hear back yet Basic spelling and knowledge of the English langauge was probably required then...

Nissan_Fanboy
08-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Awd-Tsi
Basic spelling and knowledge of the English langauge was probably required then...

haha gg,

I wish i was old enough, but i still have one year in high school.

Even if it is 12/h, thats not that bad.
Taking a job like this could open opportunities.
If you think about it, you could move into the show, working on vehicles after a year or so, could do so much.
Its all about showing your motivated to work, having some schmuck come in and be lazy and working on people's cars and doing a half ass job isn't where people want to start.

Weed out the weak, everyone has to start out low, thats how i look at it.

-Chase

TomcoPDR
08-26-2010, 11:12 PM

(Note: this answer is staying on topic, trying to educate today's youth of hard work)

Well, here is at least 1 point I see how this position would open opportunities. You see, the clienteles of this fine automotive modification establishment is based on above-mid-range, high-end and exotics. With a clientele network like this, through hardwork and ambition, one COULD potentially establish a friendly relationship and network from these clienteles; kiss ass would be one word, I was gonna use another descriptive scene.

Some of these clienteles own businesses of their own, sometimes they have connections of business owners who are looking for people to join their team/company.

Sometimes it is not purely just the $$$- "bond" (money) you make within a job position, but that the bond you make with people while you're at that position.

For example (I'm in automotive as well), my line of work I'm just a little owner/operator myself. My task in the industry is fixing door dings and hail damage on vehicles, this position requires me to be inside of dealerships, bodyshops, mechanic shops, vacant building spaces, even my own warehouse shop.

I could easily "hire" technicians and tell them what to do (not even talking about proper training), however, I refuse to do that... BUT, this still requires me the need to know a lot of people, a lot of referrals, as well as (get this, might be surprising) a lot of COMPETITION contacts... I might be competition from a business signage perspective, but as a professional-to-professional, we're all one and the same. (so how does that relate to your attitude why this "job" gives you opportunites?) It goes back to people relationships... sometimes if I'm busy, I might refer jobs to a trust worthy competitor, and in return (yes, even if it's in hopes) they'll do the same.

So... in a job like this listed, for someone interested in knowing who's who in the automotive business, this would be a start.

Even lot attendant positions are a good start, I use to love doing that if it's not for the slave pay. BUT the bright side was that you get to drive new cars, slack off once you know the system (yes, I've slept in mini-vans at times, hidden corners within the dealer lot)

But honestly, if you're not into automotive, a reasonable fluctuation in wage wouldn't matter, even if you'd be getting $18-$21, you wouldn't be focused or even "cared" to do the tasks properly and just get ur ass canned after a while.

Nissan_Fanboy
08-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Well Said Tomco.
If only people knew how to work their way up, instead of thinking their going to start out making 75k a year.

EvolizePhoto
08-27-2010, 12:12 AM
A job like this could open multiple doors. people don't think of the baby steps to get to the podium.

I've done dozens of free photoshoots for people, and in return people refer me to paying clients because they remember how much fun they had hanging out with me getting free photos taken of their car and how much i enjoyed it. you gotta put alot in to get a little out.