PDA

View Full Version : Yukon gold rush created by one prospector.

derpderp
08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
People might not find this so interesting, but pretty cool rags to riches story, the sole prospector who has created a second gold rush in the Yukon lived in a tin shack and is now a millionaire.

On I side note, I owned shares in Kaminak Gold Corp and sold them last fall, I have only been trading with spare money for maybe two years at most, first time I've suffered from serious wall street suit envy, the stock has shot up about 600% since the I bought in, I also owned shares in Underworld Resources but sold them :banghead:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/energy-and-resources/a-eureka-moment-for-a-stubborn-prospector/article1675008/

JRSC00LUDE
08-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Neat story.

CUG
08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
first time I've suffered from serious wall street suit envy, the stock has shot up about 600% since the I bought in, I also owned shares in Underworld Resources but sold them :banghead:

That f-ing sucks.

v2kai
08-18-2010, 01:27 PM
dedication pays off that's pretty sweet.( except your part with the stocks, that sucks )

ZenOps
08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Somehow... I doubt he hit the motherlode.

With gold, there are always daughterveins. The size of this find makes me believe he hasn't actually found the source, he has simply found a nice deposit.

South Africa found their motherlode, and it was huge (was, in that they now have to dig 2 miles underground to get at the last of it) Its almost empty now... Probably why all the rich people left for better pastures (as they say)

There are only a couple of months of truely suitable weather for real mineral exploration in that climate even with the technology we have today.