PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Siding repair

craigcd
08-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi -

Im looking for someone who can repair the siding on the side of my house. Over the last winter heavy winds tore the siding from the nail slots. The siding is still attached to my house however fills up with air and flaps against the house in heavy wind. Im pretty sure the current siding can be removed to about 8-10 feet above ground level and re-installed using the different nail holes. I have done siding in the past but just dont have time to get to all my projects!

I also have a about a 1/2 box of siding from when i built my garage if needed.

Does anybody do siding or recommend anyone?

PM me or post!

Thanks

CD

codetrap
08-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure, but based on whatever quotes you get, you may want to look at doing a claim on your house insurance. I know a coworker just got his entire house resided due to hail damage for $500. Of course, he also got a new roof out of it too as he lost a bunch of shingles due to high wind.

craigcd
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
I'm not sure, but based on whatever quotes you get, you may want to look at doing a claim on your house insurance. I know a coworker just got his entire house resided due to hail damage for $500. Of course, he also got a new roof out of it too as he lost a bunch of shingles due to high wind.

Ya i was considering this but my deductible is $1000 and I could fix it myself for nothing if i really wanted to. It would be easier if i could just get someone out to fix it. Its kinda a 2 man job and i have leaned on my freinds pretty hard with a basement development this year.

It should take someone with experience and the right tools no time!