PDA

View Full Version : FS: IBM ThinkPad X31 w/ UltraBase X3

mittensthekitty
08-17-2010, 07:08 PM
FS: IBM ThinkPad X31 with UltraBase X3 and more batteries than you can shake a stick at.

CPU: Intel Pentium M @ 1.4 GHz
RAM: 2GB PC2700 DDR (2x 1GB SODIMM)
Hard Drive: 100 GB 7200 RPM 2.5" IDE
Display: 12.1" Matte LCD @ 1024x768
Optical Drive: No internal Optical Drive. 4x DVD-ROM drive included with UltraBase

This little guy was purchased probably a year ago from a fellow Beyond member. Being an X-series ThinkPad, it's designed to be an ultra-portable, leaving out things like a trackpad or optical drive.

The 1.4 GHz Pentium M isn't really a speed demon, but it will outpace most of the older Atoms you'll find in netbooks and the like, and the keyboard and trackpoint are INFINITELY better than anything you'll find on a netbook. The 2GB of RAM and 7200 RPM hard drive make it quite usable in terms of speed, as long as you don't want to play Crysis on high detail settings or something silly like that.

Included with the X31 are four batteries - two regular main batteries, one of which is pretty fresh and one of which isn't. The good one holds ~3 hours to a charge under normal use, and the older one is probably more like an hour and a half to two. Also included are two extended batteries - one of them is the clip-on battery that attaches to the bottom of the unit, making it thicker, but extending the battery life substantially, and the other is a new 8-cell replacement that actually sticks out the front of the notebook sort of like a wrist-rest. With the clip-on battery and the extended main battery, I've managed to get 8-10 hours of battery life out of this thing with the screen brightness down.

You also get the UltraBase X3, the docking station that attaches to the same port the extended battery does. This features some more ports that you'd expect on a notebook, as well as an UltraBay 2000, which is currently filled with a 4x DVD-ROM drive, so you don't need to go looking for a USB optical drive for this thing.

Cosmetically, the unit is in good shape. The only real damage is a slight crack on the upper case of the bottom half, on the front left corner. There's a picture of it.

$250 for the kit - lowball me and I'll bite off your eyelids. PMs, please.

http://images.digital-angel.net/x31/set.jpg

http://images.digital-angel.net/x31/crack.jpg

mittensthekitty
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Leaving for BC tomorrow at 3:00. If you come pick it up before then, you can have it all for $200.

mittensthekitty
08-27-2010, 01:50 AM
All right, $200 flat. I need money, and you need an ultraportable.

mittensthekitty
08-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Sold! Thanks, gents.