PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit Question

Carter
12-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Hey, im a 16 year old newb so please try to forgive me for any stupidity i might accidently reveal. I recently got a 95 eclipse in good condition, and it was the car i wanted so i had looked around for stuff for it for a while. The best and first thing i want to do for the body is to add a full Blitz body kit. I found one for $540 on www.bodykits.org and I am currently saving up to get it. I have read the legal agreements and disclaimers of many of the sites i visited looking for this body kit, and im pretty much scared as hell about installing it. From what I have read, it is pretty much impossible to do it urself and I'll have to get a pro body shop somewhere around here to do it. Is it pretty impossible to install just by the instructions they send you? And if i have to get it done in a shop, about how much is it going to cost me? Thanks

ShOwOfF
12-22-2003, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't say impossible. Some kits will fit better than others, but since you dont have much experience with fibreglass pieces, I would just have the kit painted and installed by a shop. I had my kit painted and installed for $500cdn, last year, and its been perfect.

ryder_23
12-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Well you have to get it painted as well....You have to drill holes, ause i believe most kits dont come pre-drilled. so you have to line everything up and drill yourself...i'd recommend getting it done, since you are a newb and dont wanna screw it up

Hakkola
12-22-2003, 03:06 PM
A full body kit for $540??? That can't be fiberglass can it???

CRX-R
12-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Well you have to get it painted as well....You have to drill holes, ause i believe most kits dont come pre-drilled. so you have to line everything up and drill yourself...i'd recommend getting it done, since you are a newb and dont wanna screw it up

:nut: not just for a newb.... I can't paint worth a shit! No matter what I do it NEVER looks right... :banghead:

Carter
12-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Hakkola, yea, $540 with shipping added, check bodykits.org and go to 95-99 eclipse and blitz body kit. Searched for 3 days before i found that price.

Showoff, installation AND paint only cost you $500? wow, a friend of mine said to just get his painted cost him $1000. im definitely gonna look around.

three.eighteen.
12-22-2003, 04:17 PM
those are cheap kits will look like ass

Carter
12-22-2003, 04:29 PM
..........can you explain how you "know" this kit will look bad? its fiberglass just like all other kits and its Blitz so i dont get where ur comin from

three.eighteen.
12-22-2003, 04:45 PM
an authentic blitz kit costs a fuckload more than $500, you are getting a knockoff, and when they come that cheap they look like ass unless you have a miracle worker of a body shop in your rolodex

Carter
12-22-2003, 04:54 PM
my friend got his kit for $600 and it looked great after he got it painted and installed...........and EXPLAIN what LOOKING LIKE ASS means......bad material, bad assembly, etc.?????

Carter
12-22-2003, 04:57 PM
also u seem to know a bit so do u know a site for a 2nd generation blitz body kit in the u.s.?

6thGen.TUNER
12-22-2003, 04:58 PM
it could be 500 american

three.eighteen.
12-22-2003, 05:01 PM
looking like ass...the edges dont line up (bad fitment), its probably made of fiberglass (bad material), not to say all fiberglass kits are bad, but for $500 its probably not very strong fiberglass...when buying car parts you get what you pay for

but if you think your buddies $600 kit looks good, go for it, its your car, not mine

Carter
12-22-2003, 05:05 PM
just to make sure we are on the same page........im talking u.s. currency. did u know that? sry for any inconvenience

three.eighteen.
12-22-2003, 05:10 PM
yeah totally aware...the real blitz front bumper would probably be around 500 on its own, sure maybe its just a name that makes it cost so much more...but im positive that the construction and fitment of the authentic piece will be well worth it...when you skimp on car parts (especially exterior) it looks worse than stock

YCB
12-22-2003, 05:21 PM
http://www.bodykits.org/v2/shopexd.asp?id=34

is this it?

Carter
12-22-2003, 05:29 PM
http://www.bodykits.org/v2/shopexd.asp?id=34

yea thats it

Deetz
12-22-2003, 05:53 PM
That company is out of California and is listing a US cost without shipping, brokerage, and duty. We can provide that kit to you locally for $750 CDN if interested.

ninspeed
12-22-2003, 06:03 PM
he aint local though

Carter
12-22-2003, 06:05 PM
lol.........i am u.s. look at location

Deetz
12-22-2003, 06:21 PM
OK, you would be looking at $575 US landed. Please e-mail me if going to residential address.

custommx
12-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Get a pro to do it and get the sides molded.

bonhome
12-25-2003, 06:22 PM
IMO dont bother with some flashy body kit at all. In the US there is thousands of riced out eclipses and it would probably be more original to stay sleeper style. Take the money that would've gone into some snowplow like body kit and dump it in the engine.

1WiCkEdWrX
12-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Dont get a Blitz, do something original. Since the fast and the furious (joke) every Mitsu on the road has one. Stand out

turbo444
12-28-2003, 02:18 AM
i think the blitz body kit looks the best on an eclipse/talon. if u have any knowledge of body work then give it a try and do it yourself and save yourself mad cash but bringing it to a professional installer would hav a betetr chance of good fitment and work

izzoblitzo
12-28-2003, 02:41 AM
I would strongly recomend finding a local place to get you a body kit. Even if it means you will save a few hundred bucks.. its still the best option imo. When I got my kit (fiberglass) I had to exchange parts of my kit various times because the factory kept shipping the wrong pieces to 'zeal.. and those pieces never fit right, and had warps and chips here and there.. it'd be a lil difficult to return the kit to the place you bought it if there was ever something wrong with it.. and you are taking a risk with people outside the country.

I went to SOS paint and body, and for the kit and install it was about $1000 too.

importadrenelin
01-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
an authentic blitz kit costs a fuckload more than $500, you are getting a knockoff, and when they come that cheap they look like ass unless you have a miracle worker of a body shop in your rolodex

There is no such thing as an authentic Blitz Kit for the Eclipse.
The style was originally made for the JZA80 (Supra) by Blitz JAPAN and it was modified by American companies to fit the Eclipse, Blitz JAPAN never ever made it for the Eclipse.
In other words you can't get a Authentic Blitz kit, you either Get Fiberglass or Urethane.