PDA

View Full Version : Nissan 370z

TsMortgages
08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey everyone,

This is my first thread. I am interested to know if any of you own a 370z and if you are happy with it? I have been shopping around for one and strongly concidering picking one up. However I don`t know anyone who owns one and would like to hear what owners think of it.

Thanks

Ty

shakalaka
08-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Go on my350z.com forums.

Tons of members with them there.

They are great cars, lot of fun to drive. I personally don't like how they look but if you like the looks of them, I'd say get one.

TsMortgages
08-18-2010, 11:24 AM
I will check that out, thanks.

ringmaster
08-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by TsMortgages
Hey everyone,

This is my first thread. I am interested to know if any of you own a 370z and if you are happy with it? I have been shopping around for one and strongly concidering picking one up. However I don`t know anyone who owns one and would like to hear what owners think of it.

Thanks

Ty

I took one out for a drive when I was thinking of buying and I decided not to buy it for the following reasons:

-Nice styling, but cheap looking interior
-Lack of storage space. I knew there would be very little but I honestly don't think you could put a suitcase in the car unless it was in the passenger seat.
-Didn't FEEL fast. The car should have 500hp, not 330ish. With low centre of gravity, wide tires, big brakes etc, the car is set up for a lot more power than it comes with from the factory. As a result, you don't FEEL the power as much as you would think. I thought that the V6 Altima FELT faster when I drove that.

I also read some reviews on the internet and make sure you upgrade the brake fluid and pads before taking it to the track. These cars are not set up for track use and apparently have massive brake fade after a few hard laps.
On paper, the car should knock your socks off but it just didn't do it for me. :dunno:

bjstare
08-18-2010, 08:05 PM
^How big of a suitcase do you want? You can fit golf clubs in the trunk...

ringmaster
08-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
^How big of a suitcase do you want? You can fit golf clubs in the trunk...

Just a regular suitcase. My job requires travel and sometimes a passenger.

dj_rice
08-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

I took one out for a drive when I was thinking of buying and I decided not to buy it for the following reasons:

-Nice styling, but cheap looking interior
-Lack of storage space. I knew there would be very little but I honestly don't think you could put a suitcase in the car unless it was in the passenger seat.
-Didn't FEEL fast. The car should have 500hp, not 330ish. With low centre of gravity, wide tires, big brakes etc, the car is set up for a lot more power than it comes with from the factory. As a result, you don't FEEL the power as much as you would think. I thought that the V6 Altima FELT faster when I drove that.

I also read some reviews on the internet and make sure you upgrade the brake fluid and pads before taking it to the track. These cars are not set up for track use and apparently have massive brake fade after a few hard laps.
On paper, the car should knock your socks off but it just didn't do it for me. :dunno:

I work in parts and the few 370z guys that have taken their cars to autocross/solo here have bought new aftermarket oil cooler kits and power steering cooler kits and stainless steel brake lines.

Xtrema
08-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I think c&d tester rolled his 370z gismo due to overheat brakes.

I don't mind the styling. Interior is better than 350z but still cheap. But if it's anything like the g37 it just doesn't feel fast.

I would love to have 370z roadster as summer car tho.

avow
08-19-2010, 11:08 AM
i know i am comparing apples to oranges but at that price you can get much faster cars.

my biggest complaint is the interior quality. i am not a huge fan of the styling, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. the quality though leaves something to desire. like why does the display feel like a tacked on piece of plastic to the dash :S.

A790
08-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I am still deciding between a 2010 370 Coupe and a 2010 Mustang 5.0. I know they're completely different cars, but that's what I'm deciding between... not the cars themselves.

The 370Z feels taught, with tight suspension and great riding dynamics. It handles corners well, and has plenty of get up and go when you mash it. Now, it's not going to compare to a 400+hp V8 in a straight line, but for cruising/mountain roads, the 370Z seems like it'd be a better fit.

I didn't find the interior all that bad, though with only one cup holder it definitely suffers from a lack of space. I felt that it was a major improvement from the 350Z though.

In short, if you're looking for raw power, look at a Challenger, Camaro, or Mustang. If you want a sports car that's <$50k, then 370Z is a good option.

2EFNFAST
08-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I think c&amp;d tester rolled his 370z gismo due to overheat brakes.

I don't mind the styling. Interior is better than 350z but still cheap. But if it's anything like the g37 it just doesn't feel fast.

I would love to have 370z roadster as summer car tho.

Yea, I think there was a problem with brakes overheating and brake fluid boiling.

heavyD
08-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by avow
i know i am comparing apples to oranges but at that price you can get much faster cars.

my biggest complaint is the interior quality. i am not a huge fan of the styling, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. the quality though leaves something to desire. like why does the display feel like a tacked on piece of plastic to the dash :S.

I don't think the interior is that bad. For example it's much better than the crappy plastic interiors of the STi and EVO and no worse than a Mustang or Camaro.

The 370Z is not a bad car at all. It kind of suffers from being good but not great or exceptional at anything and is in bad need of a new powerplant as the VQ engines are getting really dated and rough in 3.7L displacement. The old 3.0L VQ's were butter smooth but at 3.7L it's been bored and stroked to it's limits and is a pretty rough engine.

JordanAndrew
08-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I actually like the interior a lot better than the old 350z. The car felt pretty good with enough power past most cars in the road. It felt pretty fast when I test drove one and would probably own one by now if I didn't get a condo recently.

Onassis
08-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I got to test drive the American Nismo edition recently down in California, and in comparison to the 350z it's leaps and bounds ahead in terms of build quality. The only thing that bothers me is the huge blind spot.

JordanAndrew
08-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Onassis
I got to test drive the American Nismo edition recently down in California, and in comparison to the 350z it's leaps and bounds ahead in terms of build quality. The only thing that bothers me is the huge blind spot.

There's always issues with blind spots with the 350z and since it's a pretty similar body type, I'm not surprised. You get used to it though.

Onassis
08-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Do any of you drive your Z's in the winter ?

dc5fd
08-21-2010, 01:00 PM
i do .. i love it except for when the snow becomes slushie while its COLD then your done for lol

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Since I have never seen anyone in this thread at any track days I wouldn't worry to much about the brake fade or oil coolers if you're just looking for a daily driver. :D

911fever
08-21-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.caranddriver.pl/features/10q2/z_meets_wall_we_investigate_why_the_nismo_z_s_brakes_failed_at_lightning_lap-feature

Sorath
08-21-2010, 03:38 PM
more room in an s2k than 370z imo

A790
08-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
more room in an s2k than 370z imo
Yea, but the S2k has no power and only comes in roadster form. Plus, I found the 370Z to be comfortable to drive, whereas I felt cramped in the S2k.

heavyD
08-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by A790

Yea, but the S2k has no power and only comes in roadster form. Plus, I found the 370Z to be comfortable to drive, whereas I felt cramped in the S2k.

Get the Mustang as it's simply the funner car of the two. They are comparable cars in the handling department (2011 Mustang not previous years) but in the engine department it's a landslide in favour of the Mustang. I've been reading up on the Coyote 5.0L engine and it's actually a very sophisticated engine with major tuning potential. If I was buying a new car today under $50K the Mustang would be the first car on the list and 2nd would be pretty distant.

Team_Mclaren
08-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by A790

In short, if you're looking for raw power, look at a Challenger, Camaro, or Mustang. If you want a sports car that's &lt;$50k, then 370Z is a good option.

arrrr......

EVO > STi > 370

deepbrilliant
09-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Also, In my opinion comparing 370z and v6 mustang would be fair. So, If you guys were to buy a mustang, which one would it be and y?
thanks for leaving ur opinions below.:)

whiskas
09-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I've been eyeballing the new mustangs. If I were to get one I'd probably swing for either the Boss 302 model coming out in 2012 or the Shelby GT500, simply because they come with upgraded suspension and drivetrain out of the factory. The Shelby uses a SC'd aluminum 5.4L V8 and the 302 uses a modified 5.0 with forged internals that rev to 7500rpm. The stock GT suspension is too mushy for my tastes and doesn't feel nearly as sharp and precise as a roadster.

Keep in mind that the new mustang GT's compete directly with the M3 (performance wise), so comparing a 370Z to the V6 model (which isn't a pussy mobile anymore thanks to the new V6) makes more sense.

And finally, given Calgary's climate, a mustang GT is very much a year round car, the skinnier tires and higher ride height make it much better in the snow, you just have to baby the throttle :)