PDA

View Full Version : car towed: appeal question

Awd-Tsi
08-18-2010, 03:12 PM
So we had the crown vic behind a friends house for the night and it got towed for obstructing private property access. What do we have to do to prove we had persmission to park there and get the money back?

I already got it out of the impound and drove it right to pick n pull

ExtraSlow
08-18-2010, 03:18 PM
If it was in the alley, and not on your private property, it doesn't matter if you "had permission" or not, it's illegal. If the car was parked illegally, you have no grounds for appeal.

masoncgy
08-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Cut your losses and forget about it.

What a waste. That couple hundred bucks from the sale to Pick Your Part is going to cover your fine & towing fee.

Your car wouldn't get towed unless there was legitimate reasons for doing so.

Just forget about it. Lesson learned.

Genocider
08-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Just one slap in the face after another :nut:

Awd-Tsi
08-18-2010, 03:57 PM
It wasn't park not legal. It was along my friends fence. There are many cars in this alley but his neighbour is a fag and rides his dick about everything he can. Second time in 2 weeks it's been impounded caus of this guy

theken
08-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Did it have a plate on it? It wouldn't be blocking your friends access it would be blocking somebody elses garage or way out of the alley. Pay it or try to fight. U won't win

Awd-Tsi
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
It was blocking my friends garage and yeah it's fully registered and insured

masoncgy
08-18-2010, 04:03 PM
They wouldn't tow your car if it was properly registered and parked in the alley.

There's more to this story than you're willing to share, especially if you've been down this road before.

lol...

theken
08-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Somebody called it in. They don't just drive down alleys and ticket people blocking garages. If there is another garage facing it. Those people called it in.

e31
08-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I find this guy annoying enough to add to my ignore list, and am in no way surprised if the rest of the community thinks the same.

Awd-Tsi
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by theken
Somebody called it in. They don't just drive down alleys and ticket people blocking garages. If there is another garage facing it. Those people called it in. Yeah, it was the next door neighbour... He's just a grumpy old man