PDA

View Full Version : paintless dent repair FTW

xtreme prelude
08-18-2010, 03:30 PM
my car was caught in the hail storm a few weeks ago, 8000.00 dollars in damage. all i can say is i am completly beside myself with the quality of the repair, i can see any sign of the damage after autobahn had their PDR guys work over my car, it looks as good as it did when i drove it off the showroom floor. i would recomend them to anyone needing PDR done to their car. every thing that was metal on my car had dents all over, bow she is straight as an arrow.

beyond_ban
08-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Before / after pics?

OG*crxboi
08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
i have a question about this, what happens when it just rains hard? would it make the dents come back more easy then before..

beyond_ban
08-18-2010, 03:44 PM
^ I have never heard of rain denting a car. If it hailed again i am sure the exterior shell of the car will never have quite the durability as it came with from factory.

arian_ma
08-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Is that a serious question? Rain doesn't make dents in metal.

K3RMiTdot
08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
I think what crx is tryin to say is if it rained really hard will the pervious dents show up again since its not as strong as before

OG*crxboi
08-18-2010, 05:05 PM
yes thats what im asking.

speedog
08-18-2010, 05:07 PM
If the rain is hard enough to leave welts on your skin, then I'd say you might have to worry just a wee bit about your PDR repaired car. But in almost 50 years on this planet, I've never experienced rain quite that hard.

slinkie
08-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by speedog
If the rain is hard enough to leave welts on your skin, then I'd say you might have to worry just a wee bit about your PDR repaired car. But in almost 50 years on this planet, I've never experienced rain quite that hard.

OG*crxboi
08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
im talking about the rain that comes down in buckets and sounds like hail you know its loud and heavy

Disoblige
08-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Man, if I have to worry about heavy rain after PDR, might as well worry about the pressure of water at wand washes.

xtreme prelude
08-20-2010, 01:05 PM
pics, i never took any pics cause i didnt like looking at the car, i didnt even wash it when it had the hail damage. there should be no ill effect from paintless dent repair. i can push down on the metal with no ill effects.

Idratherbsidewayz
08-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by xtreme prelude
pics, i never took any pics cause i didnt like looking at the car, i didnt even wash it when it had the hail damage. there should be no ill effect from paintless dent repair. i can push down on the metal with no ill effects.

This is true. Essentially the metal was never plastically (permanently) deformed.

Elastic deformation, like the kind seen from hail, would return the metal back to how it was after PDR. If you pushed it in and out hundreds of thousands of times you may get fatigue failure at the edges of the dent, but nobody is doing that.

I'm glad PDR worked out for you, and am excited to see what they can do with mine.