PDA

View Full Version : BC grow op guarded by 10-15 black bears!

LadyLuck
08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Poor bears....

http://www.vancouversun.com/3414766.bin

VANCOUVER -- Between 10 and 15 black bears guarding an outdoor grow-op near Christina Lake in southern B.C. may be facing death if they cannot be rehabilitated.

The alleged guards are a sleuth of black bears, extraordinarily mellow black bears, said Sgt. Fred Mansveld of the Nelson Integrated Road Safety Unit. “Common behaviour of a bear is usually to avoid humans the ones that are used to people are quite wary of you, they don’t just sit there and watch you and these bears were just sitting around, laying around just watching, wandering around,” he said.

Officers from the unit, acting on a tip about the grow op, went to the property, located near Christina Lake in southern B.C. They found over 1000 marijuana plants, their ursine guardians, a lot of dog food and a couple, believed to be feeding the bears to lure them into hanging out on the property, said Mansveld.

The human couple, a man and a woman will be facing charges for production and possession of marijuana, Mansveld said.

Almost as soon as the story broke yesterday evening, comment boards under online stories about the bears lit up with allegations that the bears were likely being fed marijuana along with the dog food. “No, we don’t know about that, I suppose it’s possible, but we don’t have any evidence of that, but it might be the reason for their laid-back attitude,” said Mansveld.

Conservation officer, Dave Webster said he doubts the bears where getting anything more than a steady food source, “lack of activity is more likely due to the fact that they’re getting a large amount of food in the area and feel completely comfortable there,” he said.

SOURCE (http://www.vancouversun.com/Growers+guard+grow+with+live+black+bears/3414755/story.html)

DayGlow
08-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Pffft, now if they had lasers on their heads, that would be a news story!

Xtrema
08-18-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/31000/Marijuana-Smokey-Bear-31147.jpg

-relk-
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
but it might be the reason for their laid-back attitude

That made me laugh quite hard. I don't like the idea how i can be thrown into jail by growing something that makes me "laid back".

Now i wonder if the bears got the munchies what they would eat :nut:

EDIT: They would have had to bake the marijuana in so i doubt they did feed them...

01RedDX
08-18-2010, 05:04 PM

ExtremeSi
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Lol wow that is funny. Wouldn't this attract the interest of rangers though? Which is probably what happened here...

kevie88
08-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

ROFL! :rofl:

Kobe
08-18-2010, 06:58 PM

Something about a police officer saying this making it so much funnier..

:rofl: :rofl:

Kona9
08-18-2010, 07:05 PM

WIN!

Best grow show story I have heard yet!!

JAYMEZ
08-19-2010, 01:13 AM
LOL at DayGlows comment...

Wow using Bears , thats different

derpderp
08-19-2010, 06:13 AM
You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have bears with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done.

bignerd
08-19-2010, 07:56 AM
If the bears were so mellow they just sat around and watched, were they really that good at guarding the pot? The article said the lady that lived there use to feed them all the time, so were they really being used to guard the property or just conditioned to live there and hanging around for hand outs?

AndyL
08-19-2010, 08:06 AM
If you're hiking on crown land - and you see a couple bears sitting around on the trail ahead of you do you:

a) Shat yourself, turn around and skeedaddle
b) Shat yourself, lie down and play dead - hope they don't maul you
c) Shat yourself and GTFO
d) Shat yourself and walk towards them
e) shat yourself, but then notice a big field of pot, get out yer vape and go have a smoke, f*ck the bears
f) not shat yourself?

:rofl:

EK 2.0
08-19-2010, 08:07 AM
That's funny...

dansmith11
08-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
If the bears were so mellow they just sat around and watched, were they really that good at guarding the pot? The article said the lady that lived there use to feed them all the time, so were they really being used to guard the property or just conditioned to live there and hanging around for hand outs?

i dont think they are trained for guard duty lol i doubt they are patrolling around actively guarding the place, its probably more along the lines of, if im walking through the forest and come across a bunch of bears, i most likely turn around and go the other direction instead of continuing forward to discover a giant field of pot.

either way.. thats pretty awesome.. haha

1barA4
08-19-2010, 08:14 AM

Don't you know that the real problem in the world is marijuana and that this soul-destroying drug could be coming for YOU?

Of course the evil couple used this hellspawned plant to corrupt these gentle creatures as instruments of devil to protect these plants that can only drive women to prostitution and men to madness....

And has ANYBODY been thinking about the children? What if there had been a 3 year old wandering tens of kms into the wilderness alone and ran into these demonic ursal terrors??!

-relk-
08-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by 1barA4

Don't you know that the real problem in the world is marijuana and that this soul-destroying drug could be coming for YOU?

Of course the evil couple used this hellspawned plant to corrupt these gentle creatures as instruments of devil to protect these plants that can only drive women to prostitution and men to madness....

And has ANYBODY been thinking about the children? What if there had been a 3 year old wandering tens of kms into the wilderness alone and ran into these demonic ursal terrors??!

:rofl:

D'z Nutz
08-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
It's sad because now these bears lack the ambition to get out of security and into another career.

Hahahahaha!! :rofl: These ones are lazier than your average bear

TorqueDog
08-19-2010, 08:49 AM
As a definitive test to see whether or not the bears are stoned, put a pan of brownies down in front of them and see how long it takes them to finish 'em.

AndyL
08-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't see it... Did the RCMPs go in dressed like this?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/cgyreefer/Bearsuit.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
08-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Meh, they're baked. The only thing at risk are unattended pic-a-nic baskets.

bignerd
08-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by dansmith11

i dont think they are trained for guard duty lol i doubt they are patrolling around actively guarding the place, its probably more along the lines of, if im walking through the forest and come across a bunch of bears, i most likely turn around and go the other direction instead of continuing forward to discover a giant field of pot.

either way.. thats pretty awesome.. haha

As bears are generally solitary animals unless with cubs, I would find myself wondering more along the lines what so many bears iare doing chilling in one place together. I would think it would almost draw more attention to your property than vice versa.

[Yu]
08-20-2010, 12:00 AM

As bears are generally solitary animals unless with cubs, I would find myself wondering more along the lines what so many bears iare doing chilling in one place together. I would think it would almost draw more attention to your property than vice versa.

Bear Orgy? :dunno: or more logical, mating grounds? but yea, that comment about them being lazy made me LOL.