PDA

View Full Version : Getting 'hired' but not actually

gyu
08-19-2010, 02:00 PM
So the last job I applied for 'hired' me about 2 weeks ago and said they would call me again with a schedule in a couple days or so and since then I have not received any calls. I called them yesterday and left a voice mail and sent them an email but have yet to get a reply.

An almost identical situation actually happened with another place that I applied at before in the past, why do employers do this or am I just getting bad luck?!

It is my fault for not calling them earlier to see what the situation is, at the time I was thinking that maybe they were waiting for the current schedule to end to write me into the new one. I can't exactly pay them a visit either because their based in Vancouver with a few locations in Calgary, and I believe their HR people are in Vancouver as well since I did a phone interview with a person from Vancouver. I will probably give the guy another call tomorrow but I think it is safe to say that I will not be getting the job.

Sorry for the long ramble, I am just upset with the situation :thumbsdow.
Anyone else share a similar experience? Tips?

CUG
08-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Double check that you're not the victim of identity theft.

Critical
08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Same thing happened to me. Went to an interview said I got the job and they would call me when they get everything set up. Throughout the 3 weeks after the interview I called them every week to inquire on the status of the job and he had excuses left and right. "Leaving town I'll talk with you when I get back".

After a couple of these pointless calls I just took another job and sure enough I get a call from the company a month later asking me to come in. Why would they expect me to still be interested after all the shit they pulled. :nut:

xxviet
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Double check that you're not the victim of identity theft.

how do you do that?

Zero102
08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
What company is this?

revelations
08-19-2010, 02:55 PM
What industry is this?

LongCity
08-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Critical
Same thing happened to me. Went to an interview said I got the job and they would call me when they get everything set up. Throughout the 3 weeks after the interview I called them every week to inquire on the status of the job and he had excuses left and right. "Leaving town I'll talk with you when I get back".

After a couple of these pointless calls I just took another job and sure enough I get a call from the company a month later asking me to come in. Why would they expect me to still be interested after all the shit they pulled. :nut:

Should have told them you would come in... When you felt like it. haha

gyu
08-19-2010, 03:56 PM
It's a small Fido retailer.

GQBalla
08-19-2010, 03:58 PM
marlborough mall?

gyu
08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Market Mall and another mall that I forgot the name of but it is by University of Calgary just off Crowchild. Supposed to work between them interchangeably when they need you to.

kertejud2
08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by xxviet

how do you do that?

Its a somewhat complicated process but if you send me your info (name, address, phone number, SIN etc.), I can check for you.

beyond_ban
08-19-2010, 04:13 PM
^ lol, as you steal his identity.

gqboy322
08-19-2010, 04:13 PM
^ haha thats identity theft.

Unknown303
08-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim! Millions of families suffer every year!
http://debitversuscredit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/identity_theft_the_office_jim_dwight.jpg

06civic
08-19-2010, 04:41 PM
if ur talking about cellular baby..... its normal, i didnt get my sched for a over a month...

gyu
08-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Small update on the situation: was finally able to reach the guy that hired me after about a week of calling, I left a voice mail telling him the situation, but the reason why he called me back was because he saw a missed call from my number not in regards to the voice mail :thumbsdow. He pretty much doesn't remember anything because they just got a 'bunch of new people hired' and told me to send my resume and application to a different person.

I send it to that person, talks kind of goes no where, and hasn't replied to me in a week, also visited the actual place but the employee working only took my name and number down and I've been trying to call them to speak with management but no one ever picks up the phone.
I called their Vancouver office today only to speak with a receptionist, asked for my name, put me on hold for a couple minutes, and tells me they are working on a schedule and should get one in about a week and reason why I didn't get one yet is cause they thought I needed 2 weeks notice. I just get the feeling they told me that to avoid dealing with the problem upfront since I'm not getting my phone calls or e-mails returned :bullshit:.

I know I know I should just look elsewhere, which I have been but I've had a hard time this 1.5-2 months even getting an interview so its tough to let this one go, plus this job seems good for a post secondary student.

gqmw
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
I assume it's cellular baby...from what I heard people say it's a crappy place to work. I had a friend quit after her first day of work.

GQBalla
08-30-2010, 03:54 PM
i hope you went and found another job in the mean time