PDA

View Full Version : Looking and Looking

dingbathero
08-19-2010, 09:23 PM

spike98
08-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Starting a post looking for a job with restrictions in the first couple of lines is not a good start. In today's economy, recruiters can pick and choose. If you want work you have work when there is a job to be done.

[Yu]
08-19-2010, 11:13 PM
How is your resume? If you are not exaggerating about the approximate number of resumes being handed out, I would assume that this might be an issue.

I recently had the same problem as you, and with a quick fix of my resume, things were looking much better.

Dumbass17
08-20-2010, 05:28 AM
is your phone number on your resume? lol

i honestly handed out 23 resumes when i was 18 and then realized i changed my address on it but forgot to put my new number lol

dingbathero
08-20-2010, 06:27 AM

spike98
08-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by dingbathero

It's good, I am a teacher.

Your restrictions weren't "valid" untill you said this. If you have another job then its hard to make room for another one. But if your not working at all you jump when an employer says how high.

Revamp your resume then re-apply. You also are going to have to take some shitty jobs if you are looking to fill the hours left in your day.

For next year try some industrial places or pipeline work. These places usually hire summer help.

~Leah~
08-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Doesn't school start in like, a week, anyway?

dingbathero
08-20-2010, 10:59 AM

chkolny541
08-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by spike98
Starting a post looking for a job with restrictions in the first couple of lines is not a good start. In today's economy, recruiters can pick and choose. If you want work you have work when there is a job to be done.

word, employers arent looking to incorporate YOU into THEIR schedule, its the other way around. You shouldnt be so upfront, i know you think that your being so honest and transparent about things but maybe instead of saying "only avail after 5 (or whatever)". Say something like "evenings preffered" and if you get a call ask about the hours and if it doesnt happen then decline them.

but after 70 resumes even you have to realize that you need to change something HUGE

Spoons
08-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah, it's your Resume that's the problem.

I would say almost 70% of the people who say they can't find work is usually because of a bad resume. Keep it very relavent. If you have work experience on their that doesn't apply to the job, take it off. In this job market I think you need to start fine tuning your resume pertaining to the job you are applying to.

Work isn't too bad, there are lots of jobs, but for the experienced career... Maybe not so much. I know for me it would be easy to find FT work. All the kids are going back to school and all want PT, but I will also work anything aslong as its over $14, which isn't too hard to find FT.

Good luck trying for $16 PT. I can picture employers chuckling. Most of the higher paying jobs your going to find are all FT.