PDA

View Full Version : Avoid 5th Avenue club at all costs!

copynpaste
08-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Worst health club ever!!!!! If you want shitty, rude, arrogant service and rip off prices then go there. Ive never met such arrogant assholes in my life (and trust me ive had my share of extreme assholes!).

But id advise to avoid this place, this place sucks ass! THeyre very very fishy when it comes to memberships, you sign up for a year or whatever, and they will charge you for more than you sign up for without your consent, and good luck getting your $ back cause the owner and management are the most stuck up "I dont need nobody" type people you will ever meet.

Every person working there is so stuck up and in the "im better than you" mentality. Christy worst manager ever, how a person with such a nasty attitude like that runs that place is beyond me.

She charges me for 2yrs extra memb and when I found out, she denies it! I demanded my money back and she said i had to go in and talk to her about it first, wtf? Just tell me over the phone. So after some arguing, I go all the way down there and with her nasty attitude, shes asks why im there? What the hell is this? SHes like "oh sorry i dont think i can do the refund, but you need to fill out an application and ill fwd it to the owner" ARGH! These pricks aint gonna do shit cause they have my money so now i have to go through the hassle of doing a mastercard charge back.

BIG MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU!!!!

Canucks3322
08-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Riiiiiigggghttt........:rolleyes:

trieuth
08-19-2010, 10:48 PM
i didnt like them either, at golds eau claire now. I quite enjoy it there.

Canucks3322
08-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Oops, sorry OP I thought you were talking about WHC at 5th Ave haha....

ZorroAMG
08-19-2010, 11:44 PM
AVOID CHRISTI TALENNTTTT!!!!!! AVOID THIS GYMMMMMM!!!!

SCAMMMMMZZZZZARZ!!!!

adidas
08-20-2010, 11:06 AM
u mad?

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I was literally going to sign up for this gym today or tomorrow as it looked super nice and $69/mo for 2 years didn't seem like a bad deal for me considering it has after hours secure parking in a parkade. It's also 1 block from my work place and a 12min walk from my home.

When I was in there yesterday looking around, every single staff member greeted me with a hello and a smile and seemed extremely polite.

Golds Eau Claire looked good but it's too far from where I live/work and there is no secure parking.

Does anyone else have experiences with the Fifth Avenue Club?

Any other good gyms on the west end of DT?

If this place wrongfully charged you, couldn't you just tell your credit card company you didn't authorize that charge?

TIA for any input.

copynpaste
08-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I was literally going to sign up for this gym today or tomorrow as it looked super nice and $69/mo for 2 years didn't seem like a bad deal for me considering it has after hours secure parking in a parkade. It's also 1 block from my work place and a 12min walk from my home.

When I was in there yesterday looking around, every single staff member greeted me with a hello and a smile and seemed extremely polite.

Golds Eau Claire looked good but it's too far from where I live/work and there is no secure parking.

Does anyone else have experiences with the Fifth Avenue Club?

Any other good gyms on the west end of DT?

If this place wrongfully charged you, couldn't you just tell your credit card company you didn't authorize that charge?

TIA for any input.

Go to the HC in 5th Ave place on 5th and 2nd, much better gym and its just a few blocks walk for you but theyre service and facility is great there.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste

Go to the HC in 5th Ave place on 5th and 2nd, much better gym and its just a few blocks walk for you but theyre service and facility is great there.

That's not that far from my work place, but it's quite far from my condo which is important too. Also, if I can't easily walk to it, I need secure parking..do they offer that as well? If not it would be no different than going to Golds eau claire which is far and has no secure parking.

Thanks.

I am also looking at "Heavens Fitness" on 11th ave and 6th street, really close to where I live. $79 a month which is a little steep, does anyone have experience with this place?

89coupe
08-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Check out anytimefitness, its located on 1st and 12ave. Open 24hrs/day free underground parking, its never busy and all the equipment is brand new!

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Check out anytimefitness, its located on 1st and 12ave. Open 24hrs/day free underground parking, its never busy and all the equipment is brand new!

Hmm, very interesting - thanks. I'd have to drive there but if it has underground parking that isn't an issue.

EDIT: It looks extremely small, no?

http://www.anytimefitness.com/en-us/clubs/2317/Calgary-AB-health-club

$55/mo is pretty attractive though, and I only work out in evenings which I'd imagine aren't peak hours.

89coupe
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Hmm, very interesting - thanks. I'd have to drive there but if it has underground parking that isn't an issue.

EDIT: It looks extremely small, no?

http://www.anytimefitness.com/en-us/clubs/2317/Calgary-AB-health-club

How much room do you need to work out in? LOL

I thought I read you live downtown? Just jog there, a nice warm up/warm down after a work out.

It never gets very busy there as they have a cap on how many people can join.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

How much room do you need to work out in? LOL

It never gets very busy there as they have a cap on how many people can join.

Haha I don't need much room but I was worried about it being packed.

If they have a member cap that sounds good. I'll be checking it out this weekend, thanks.

Jlude
08-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
AVOID CHRISTI TALENNTTTT!!!!!! AVOID THIS GYMMMMMM!!!!

SCAMMMMMZZZZZARZ!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I go to goodlife.. which sucks balls, but you know what, they all do, so just pick the best of the worst.

On a side note, I'm really loving being a member of a 24hour gym, I go to the gym at 10, it's so quiet, most juice monkeys are gone and I never have to wait for equipment.

dirtsniffer
08-20-2010, 01:31 PM
pro bodies in marda loop (33rd ave, 20th st) is open till 11:30 weeknights, and 9 on the weekends.
If you sign up for a year its 199 down and 35 a month, its a big place too

whiskas
08-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm in the exact same boat as you Mitsu, live on the west end of downtown and work in the core. Having a place with underground parking is a must for me because in winter it's easy to make excuses about skipping out on the gym if it's really cold outside.

I'll check out anytime fitness, I've been look for a 24 hour place since I like working out at midnight.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah I called Anytime Fitness and it sounded like a pretty good setup. They are in Hotel Arts or something, as they share their underground parking.

I will most likely sign up there because it's $55/mo rather than the $79/mo at Heaven's Fitness which is closer to me but I think that is more than I want to spend and they aren't 24hr. I like to work out late too, not quite as late as midnight though haha. I usually go around 7 or 8pm. They also said if you sign up before the end of August you get 2 months free and the sign up fee is only $52.50 vs the $200 everyone else seems to charge.

cdnsir
08-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Anytime Fitness downtown is stupid tiny. The absolute worst is they don't even have a bench press station or a cage! They said it was due to safety reasons... so they offer like one smith machine there IIRC.

Oh and there is a sign up fee. They just charge it as a one-time key fee for something, it's about $50 I think.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by cdnsir
Anytime Fitness downtown is stupid tiny. The absolute worst is they don't even have a bench press station or a cage! They said it was due to safety reasons... so they offer like one smith machine there IIRC.

Oh and there is a sign up fee. They just charge it as a one-time key fee for something, it's about $50 I think.

The sign up is $52.50 according to the guy I spoke to today, but since you get 2 months free it isn't too bad. The other gyms I've been looking at have a $200 sign up fee. It's not staffed after business hours so that's probably the reason for the "safety" concerns.

I typically use a regular bench and then a free weight in each hand rather than the bench press, so that wouldn't bother me. I use elliptical trainers exclusively for my cardio (bad knee) and free weights for most other things. It did look small to me too, but I only would go there later on at night so I'm hoping it would be OK then.

I'm mostly attracted by the 24hrs, secure parking, and cheap monthly rate.