PDA

View Full Version : Half a billion bad eggs.

ZenOps
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
No, I'm not talking about people on this forum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11045557

Now thats a recall.

I've noticed that the quality of eggs grown locally varies too much. In the wintertime, I had what had to be the best egg I've ever had and then this summer - I had egg yolks that actually broke on impact with the bowl (decades of omelette making tell me that this just doesn't happen unless there is something wrong with it)

Its no wonder that China bans some foods from North America. When you have people like Pickton who said he disposed of bodies in the rendering plant :barf:

Xtrema
08-23-2010, 02:34 PM
To to import this Chinese technology.

http://dailylinked.blogspot.com/2009/07/fake-egg-was-created-in-china.html

Supa Dexta
08-23-2010, 02:44 PM
A farm shipping hundreds of millions of eggs is no longer a farm..

Pahnda
08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
...decades of omelette making tell me that this just doesn't happen unless there is something wrong with it

How old are you? I thought you are a student...

kenny
08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
A farm shipping hundreds of millions of eggs is no longer a farm..

Farm fresh eggs!

- Food Inc.

4lti
08-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Farm fresh eggs!

- Food Inc.

FOOD INC.
I'll change your view on American produced food.

v2kai
08-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
To to import this Chinese technology.

http://dailylinked.blogspot.com/2009/07/fake-egg-was-created-in-china.html

that is nuts!:eek: and quite disgusting

Freeskier
08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I love that it's so easy to find free range eggs out here on th island. I just feel better buying them, and the placebo effect tells me they taste alot better too :thumbsup:

But I agree, any farm producing anything in that quantity is so fucked up.

Agent_Oorange
08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Freeskier
I love that it's so easy to find free range eggs out here on th island. I just feel better buying them, and the placebo effect tells me they taste alot better too :thumbsup:

But I agree, any farm producing anything in that quantity is so fucked up.

I have to agree, some really good eggs out here in Vic, nice deep yellow yolks, so tasty - getting hungry now lol :drool:

iceburns288
08-23-2010, 09:48 PM
"Free range" doesn't really guarantee the eggs you are getting are high quality. To qualify as free range, the chickens just need an enclosed outdoor space they have access to. They can be raised in factories and taken outside for 30 minutes and count as free range.

It's best to find a local farm you want to support and can actually visit to guarantee the quality of the food you're buying. Try a CSA- community supported agriculture.

bignerd
08-24-2010, 12:45 AM
There are many small acreages on the island that produce free range eggs where the chickens are outside all the time... people keep them for themselves and sell the extra eggs out of their drive ways....

My mom has thought about getting some to keep the slugs out of the garden but not sure how they would hold up with the eagles out and about...