PDA

View Full Version : 8-15 chinese tourists killed in Manila...embarrassing special forces team

Pages : [1] 2

l/l/rX
08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
rRt1aNsNM0c

WOW their special forces or whatever SUCK DICK! it took them WAY too long to invade the bus.

comments from the youtube video:
"Phillipine SWAT = Sorry We Aren't Trained"

This is embarrassing... SWAT = Sucky Warriors And Tactics

A team of 15 year-olds who plays counter strike has a better strategy than them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11066656

RIP my fellow country men and women

edit: and WHY are they trying to huck a GLOW STICK in there?! what the hell kind of tactic is that?!

FraserB
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
What a circle jerk. I have zero police training and could probably pull off a better attempt than this.

5 assaulters, 1 sniper watching the front and 1 watching the side. One hole in a midpoint window, toss a flashbang , blow the front window and side door at the same time, make entry.

RIP to the victims.

IncredibleToad
08-23-2010, 10:57 PM
RIP

Embarrassing attempt to make a rescue and defuse the situation.

You'd think the gunman would figure out what was going on with all the window smashing and attempts to yank the door open with a chain tied to a truck.

Looks like the attempt to smash the back window in, could have easily hit one of the hostages in the head.

Verdict: Epic Fail

kenny
08-23-2010, 10:59 PM
2:08 is awesome. Lets throw a sledgehammer into the bus!

CUG
08-23-2010, 11:00 PM
That's unbelievably incompetent. RIP to the victims.

BlackArcher101
08-23-2010, 11:03 PM
So much facepalm for the whole thing.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sky
08-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Way too many casualties. The only thing they did right was kill the gunman. Solution is simple. During the negotiation process, complete the following.

1) Give the guy his job back and apologize to him for wrongful dismissal(this ex-police captain did deserve it for extortion)
2) Give him an immediate raise in salary for the job. Hell, give him 100% raise.
3) While they're securing his job position with the head of the police force, call up the bank and prepare a few million Pesos cash in a bag to get him started comfortably. Tell him he could buy a nice house, car and extra spending money.
4) When everything is agreed to, wait for him to come out of the bus.

5) Put a bullet in his head.

n1zm0
08-23-2010, 11:07 PM
i heard the hostage taker/disgruntled officer had an m16, full auto assault rifle or semi auto hand gun this was a ridiculous rescue attempt on the filipino 'swat' team or w/e, learn a thing or 2 from their american counter parts ffs (a spetsnaz outcome wouldve yielded the same piss poor results ffs), even youtube videos would give them more training

TomcoPDR
08-23-2010, 11:19 PM
RIP to the victims.

Who would had thought out of all SWAT forces, the Asian ones aren't good at SUPPLIESING people.

J.M.
08-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Holy fuck big fails :facepalm:

whiskas
08-23-2010, 11:23 PM
BZThYjiUJ8w

That's how its done.

l/l/rX
08-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
BZThYjiUJ8w

That's how its done.

im confuzzled...wth happened 13 seconds into the video? It looked like that guy blew himself up?!

Sky
08-23-2010, 11:27 PM
LOL at the glow stick at 2:00, just in case they rush in and its too dark to see. :rofl:

Joe-G
08-23-2010, 11:27 PM
LOL im embarrassed... damn filipinos :facepalm:
RIP to those who died though.

gyu
08-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Throwing a glow stick in there..... :facepalm:

topmade
08-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

im confuzzled...wth happened 13 seconds into the video? It looked like that guy blew himself up?!
I think there is c4 attached to the end of that stick and the guy goes right to the ground to avoid getting blown away. But yeah great way to neutralize a bus full of terrorists..... not so much for hostages unless you don't care if they survive.

Video was a joke. You can see them tripping over themselves and aren't you supposed to try to calm the attacker down? "Oh don't worry about the sledgehammers through the windows, we're just getting some fresh air in here cause it's getting a bit stuffy"??

CHICHARITZHI
08-23-2010, 11:48 PM

'

FAKE VIDEO !:rofl:

Redlined_8000
08-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by kenny
2:08 is awesome. Lets throw a sledgehammer into the bus!

I LOLed :rofl:

"Nooooo my Hammer"

arcane1112
08-24-2010, 12:25 AM
You can see at 1:48 he tried to throw the glow stick into the bus and miss. His partner then picks it up and tries to toss it in. It took at least four tries before they got it in so maybe it was a good thing they didn't have flashbang grenades.

psycoticclown
08-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Hahaha so much fail. Purpose of the SWAT team is to neutralize their target as quick as possible and that entails using the element of surprise. Not having 20 guys with sledgehammers hammering away for 10 minutes. And half the guys were armed with a pistol, wtf good is that peashooter going to do? Hilarious how the guy throws in the sledgehammer then reaches in to pull it out haha. Any half decent terrorist woulda shot his face off by then haha.

4lti
08-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Whos idea was it to axe open the windshield hahahahah.

rgr
08-24-2010, 03:37 AM
Its interesting how all you guys are laughing at this incident which is clearly something everyone in hk is devastated about. Fuck guys... -__-

Unknown303
08-24-2010, 03:41 AM

What's insane about that guy with the C4 on the stick is when you see him come out of the smoke he already has his gun out and is walking backwards from the bus. Thats mad skills.

rgr is http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/012/2/2/It__s_Buzz_Killington_by_FortFighter.png

Ariakas
08-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by rgr
Its interesting how all you guys are laughing at this incident which is clearly something everyone in hk is devastated about. Fuck guys... -__-

I watched it live since I live in HK now and it was quite shocking the incompetence of their SWAT team. One of the survivor studies in Canada, his two sisters and his dad died. His mom got our fine but he's in bad shape. Just a very sad situation overall, who goes on a vacation thinking they would end up like this...

rgr
08-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Oh, I live in hk now too. Its pretty big here.. And we apparently know one of the families on the bus. I think its the same family you're talking about. Very sad..

arian_ma
08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
I heard on the news this AM that there were Canadians on the bus???

almerick
08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
W.t.f.

RIP.

Xtrema
08-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma

6 of 8 dead were carrying Canadian passports.

flipstah
08-24-2010, 09:23 AM
As a Filipino, I am embarassed by the SWAT team's performance and the outcome.

Since it was a tourist bus, the assailant was able to watch LIVE coverage of everything and saw that the police held his brother and other family members in custody, which probably pissed him off even more.

The negotiator should be ashamed. RIP to all who perished.

Kloubek
08-24-2010, 09:23 AM

Not so funny now, is it?

jazzyb
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM

i dont know why but this made it sting alot more

flipstah
08-24-2010, 09:30 AM
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/-depth/08/24/10/bus-driver-hostage-taker-got-mad-after-brods-arrest

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/08/24/10/security-experts-angry-over-manila-hostage-drama

Xtrema
08-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
As a Filipino, I am embarassed by the SWAT team's performance and the outcome.

Since it was a tourist bus, the assailant was able to watch LIVE coverage of everything and saw that the police held his brother and other family members in custody, which probably pissed him off even more.

The negotiator should be ashamed. RIP to all who perished.

This happens to all poor countries (heck even in Western countries). The best and brightest will work in private sector instead of government for more $. That's the case for security forces as well.

I swear anyone played any FPS would be trained a lot better than those idiots. The time the hammer goes into the window til the gunman is dead is like 1/2 an hour. I'm surprised there are actually survivors. Which I and everyone got to question, how many were actually killed by the police. If the gunman really want to take it out the passengers, nobody should escape this.

I never think Philippines is a vacation destination. Many years back my cousin said cops always coming up to tourist trying to sell/loan their guns for $300.

flipstah
08-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

This happens to all poor countries (heck even in Western countries). The best and brightest will work in private sector instead of government for more $. That's the case for security forces as well.

I swear anyone played any FPS would be trained a lot better than those idiots. The time the hammer goes into the window til the gunman is dead is like 1/2 an hour. I'm surprised there are actually survivors. Which I and everyone got to question, how many were actually killed by the police. If the gunman really want to take it out the passengers, nobody should escape this.

I never think Philippines is a vacation destination. Many years back my cousin said cops always coming up to tourist trying to sell/loan their guns for $300.

I'm going to wait for the results of the investigation by the Chinese and the Filipinos.

It's not going to be pretty. :(

1barA4
08-24-2010, 09:46 AM

Which I and everyone got to question, how many were actually killed by the police

The unsubstantiated comments on that video say as many as 3 were killed by police...but I'd wait for a source on that first.

Given the level of hilarious incompetence demonstrated in the video, I wouldn't doubt it.

EDIT - did anyone read this from the first ABC article????

In his account, the 38-year-old bus driver said he was picking up his 24 passengers, mostly tourists from Hong Kong, at the Fort Santiago in Intramuros, Manila when Mendoza, clad in bullcap, camouflage pants and carrying several firearms, approached his vehicle and asked where they were headed.

"Hey guys, don't mind the m16, mind if I hitch a ride?"

arian_ma
08-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Some more details I just heard: People were saying that it is mostly the reporters' fault that this got so out of hand. The gunman was listening to the radio and had step by step accounts of what the SWAT team was doing through the reporters. In this way he could anticipate most of their moves and was not surprised by anything.

Also, as the bus driver escaped, he gave false information to the team that everyone on the bus had been shot, but when the sweat team moved in they saw a bus load of people and didn't know what to do.

flipstah
08-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Some more details I just heard: People were saying that it is mostly the reporters' fault that this got so out of hand. The gunman was listening to the radio and had step by step accounts of what the SWAT team was doing through the reporters. In this way he could anticipate most of their moves and was not surprised by anything.

Also, as the bus driver escaped, he gave false information to the team that everyone on the bus had been shot, but when the sweat team moved in they saw a bus load of people and didn't know what to do.

The media had total coverage so whatever we (my family and other people who had The Filipino Channel) saw on Philippine TV, he saw on the bus through a TV. Should've had a blackout.

And if you're a trained officer, it's not really good to take word of a frantic hostage; should've calmed him down before took action.

Many things could've been done but alas, this was the outcome.

DENZILDON
08-24-2010, 10:15 AM
As a flip I am deeply saddened about this and praying for those who passed away from the incident.

The Police and Media did fuck this up big time. I feel sorry as well for the new president who just got seated on June 30.
Just almost two months as a president already faced with horific international tragedy. It will be a test for him on how he will handle this and gain back the good relationship between countries.

I just hope that the Flips in HK and China don't get treated differrently as a result of someone else's fault.

911fever
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
absolutely pathetic. Ghost Recon gameplayers > this mess

1barA4
08-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by DENZILDON

I just hope that the Flips in HK and China don't get treated differrently as a result of someone else's fault.

I don't know how they normally treat migrant workers, residents, etc. in HK and China, but in Singapore, they outright beat and pour boiling water on their gardeners, cooks, nannies & housekeepers from the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.

You'd think it couldn't get much worse but my friend was told by his aunt when he was visiting "....you think this is bad?! I really toned it down because you were visiting, lah. If I don't do it at all, they just get lazy!"

Xtrema
08-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 1barA4
"Hey guys, don't mind the m16, mind if I hitch a ride?"

Read my post on cops selling guns to tourist. It must happens often enough that this doesn't seem odd to the driver.

flipstah
08-24-2010, 10:47 AM

Read my post on cops selling guns to tourist. It must happens often enough that this doesn't seem odd to the driver.

I think the driver is in cahoots... Even if it's a normal occurance (which it's not), why the fuck would you stop to say hi to a dude armed with an M16?

Unless he pointed it at the bus, which he didn't.

iCreep
08-24-2010, 10:50 AM

Man that will not be a pretty sight at all. You bring up a very very valid concern.

Xtrema
08-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by iCreep

Man that will not be a pretty sight at all. You bring up a very very valid concern.

People who are stupid enough take it out on Flips in HK are actually taking out on their kids since most of them are nannies.

flipstah
08-24-2010, 10:57 AM

People who are stupid enough take it out on Flips in HK are actually taking out on their kids since most of them are nannies.

Or the elderly because some of them are nannies too.

One spoiled apple always ruin the bunch. :(

Zephyr
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
dam wtf, the 10 year olds on COD could of done a better job than this... it's like watching a Will Ferrel comedy, wtf wow

SilverGS
08-24-2010, 11:16 AM
I wonder how the negotations even went to get to that point. The fact that he let some people go at the beginning seems to indicate he is willing to deal.

"I want my job back"
"No we are coming in after you" :dunno:

Since when was slowly firing at a bus full of hostages, breaking out a few windows, tying a rope to the door in an attempt to pull it out then using a truck to slowly crank the back door open good ideas in a hostage situation?

DENZILDON
08-24-2010, 11:17 AM

There is one good/bad Filipino trait that we have specially the poor flips who got a chance to work abroud is that they will work on the hardest conditions you can give them, give them the hardest job you could find and they will do it and even if involves being beaten up by your employer, they will take it all in just to earn and send money to their love ones back home.

I hope the Filipino Chinese Community will try to help mend the situation.

iCreep
08-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
dam wtf, the 10 year olds on COD could of done a better job than this... it's like watching a Will Ferrel comedy, wtf wow

I think anyone who's watched a few action movies or played a few games could of executed that a lot better and faster. They had 12 hours to plan something and that was the BEST they could come up with? Fucking doorknobs.

iCreep
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11069616

Ten things the Philippines bus siege police got wrong

some good valid points in that article that have not been mentioned in this thread.
such as:
-from the youtube video we saw, we didnt know that he was standing by himself on the bus a few times, a sniper could of easily taken him out without the risk of injuring any hostages
-the negotiators were soo close to him that they could of disarmed him cause' his m16 was down by his side.
-safeguarding the public, a bystander was hit by a bullet of an m16

CHICHARITZHI
08-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't blame the SWAT team, it was negotiator fault because he didn't follow the instructions from the hostage-taker..

DENZILDON
08-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by CHICHARITZHI
Don't blame the SWAT team, it was negotiator fault because he didn't follow the instructions from the hostage-taker..

:facepalm:

Read what icreep posted before you.

poison
08-24-2010, 11:50 AM
I agree with all the comments in regards to the PNP and their fob ass tactics, but all this shit about doing a better job cuz you can play COD?? :bullshit:

flipstah
08-24-2010, 11:55 AM

some good valid points in that article that have not been mentioned in this thread.
such as:
-from the youtube video we saw, we didnt know that he was standing by himself on the bus a few times, a sniper could of easily taken him out without the risk of injuring any hostages
-the negotiators were soo close to him that they could of disarmed him cause' his m16 was down by his side.

QFT. Watched it unfold for HOURS and I kept saying, "Just grab him! SO CLOSE TO THE DOOR!"

sexualbanana
08-24-2010, 12:22 PM

such as:

If you watched the incident live, or had more access to more info than you by far have me beat. But from what I saw of the video (with now sound), here's my thoughts (and keep in mind, I'm not a cop or anything, this stuff just really interests me so I've read a lot about these kinds of situations):
*One more thing, Phillipino procedure is probably much different from how cops in North America operate....

- First priority is to resolve the situation without having to any kind of deadly force. So even if suspect is out in the open, I believe the main objective is to get him to surrender. If that's the case, then as long as he's not showing that he's an immediate threat to himself or others, the police typically won't take the shot.
- A bus on an open street is actually very difficult to approach from a tactical standpoint. The suspect has a 360-degree view so that he could very easily see anyone approaching the bus.
- The entry team doesn't have any idea where the suspect could be, so even if they did make entry into the bus, it'd be very difficult to find him before he can grab someone as a human shield, or whatnot.
- I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish with the sledgehammers. If they were trying to rattle him, that was incredibly stupid. If they were trying to open a window for entry, that's immeasurably stupid.
- I had a good laugh when the one guy tried to sledge the door and ended up throwing the hammer through the door, only to reach in and get it back. I know it's cold to laugh at that given that so many people died, but short of disgust, there's no other appropriate feeling having watched that.

C4S
08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
:( :( :(

Sad Sad ..

Now people believe, the gunman was showing some "paper" of the police department .. ( on the windows ) that is why, those SWAT were hammering those windows .. even they didn't need to ..

RIP anyway .. terrible ..

Kloubek
08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Wow... I just watched the full video. That team had no CLUE what they were doing. I know nothing about tactical siege, but even I spotted endless mistakes in their plan/execution.

Very sad - in all respects.

CHICHARITZHI
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Negotiator job is to save the hostages and negotiate the gunman demands but not to disarmed the gunman , what if he fail ? and SWAT team job is just to kill the gunman.

adam c
08-24-2010, 12:52 PM
My gf, daughter and I were supposed to be going to the Philippines in the next year or 2 but she said she's really scared to take me there

iCreep
08-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

- I had a good laugh when the one guy tried to sledge the door and ended up throwing the hammer through the door, only to reach in and get it back. I know it's cold to laugh at that given that so many people died, but short of disgust, there's no other appropriate feeling having watched that.

I'm pretty sure it slipped out of his hands by mistake. I could see that happening, no gloves, sweaty hands, heavy end.

Power_Of_Rotary
08-24-2010, 01:07 PM
i save more hostages in counter strike than what they did.

Seriously 1 gunman in 1 bus. break into the top of the bus throw 1 or 2 flashes in, smash through the front window which ever one, enter and kill with sniper assisting.

seriously 8/15 is fail

RIP

flipstah
08-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

Seriously 1 gunman in 1 bus. break into the top of the bus throw 1 or 2 flashes in, smash through the front window which ever one, enter and kill with sniper assisting.

seriously 8/15 is fail

RIP

It's actually 8/25 but still horrible.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=605431&publicationSubCategoryId=200

CUG
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
You know that their marksmen relied on the location of the bullet holes in the window to "guess" where to shoot the guy??? Wow.

n1zm0
08-24-2010, 02:23 PM
i was jsut thinking this morning driving to work, the obvious as stated :

SO many fken times the guy was in clear shot for a fatal body or headshot... wtf

Whatever happened to sending in k-9 units, sad that they might be killed but dogs dont have that fear as shown when they stormed in and ran back out after being shot at.

The guy wanted to be re-instated as a cop, they should have said YES FOR FKEN SURE, then he surrenders and then you arrest the guy.

they say they are improperly trained, fk well i have news for that country.. if the biggest city in your country (and capital for that matter) has that for an 'elite' police detachment, WTF is the rest of the country like for law enforcement???

Zephyr
08-24-2010, 02:26 PM
and wtf was that glow stick for? a flash bang? wtffff

I can see it now, "blind him before we go in, READY THE GLOW STICK!"

iCreep
08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
and wtf was that glow stick for? a flash bang? wtffff

I can see it now, "blind him before we go in, READY THE GLOW STICK!"

no kidding!!! and to fail that many times of not getting the glow stick in that large of a hole, something fairly small in width...if only that were a flash bang or stun grenade, that would of been an EPIC FAIL!!! tools.

flipstah
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
they say they are improperly trained, fk well i have news for that country.. if the biggest city in your country (and capital for that matter) has that for an 'elite' police detachment, WTF is the rest of the country like for law enforcement???

It's actually the polar opposite; the southern regions deal with separatists and terrorists so those are the badass ones. But they're army so different echelon.

Other than that... It's pretty bad once you get away from the capital.

Power_Of_Rotary
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
they could of done so many things...atleast what i think:

1) heat vision and snipe the guy
2) use some kind of gas to make them pass out
3) flash bang instead of glow sticks

flipstah
08-24-2010, 03:47 PM
they could of done so many things...atleast what i think:

1) heat vision and snipe the guy
2) use some kind of gas to make them pass out
3) flash bang instead of glow sticks

1.) Can't afford em and don't know how to use them.
2.) See reason 1
3.) See reason 1

DENZILDON
08-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

I've been thinking of an answer for you, having lived there for most of my life and to tell you the truth it was hard to explain or describe.

Short explanation: Corrupt government = no funds for training and equipment.

I can go on and on and explaining on how things work there but thats another story.

Would I invite my friends here to go there and have a vacation, absolutely!
Will I tell them to go there by themselves, no, I always suggest bringing along someone who grew up there. (Although many tourists go there every year with no big issues until this incident.) And for the most part if you a tourist you almost always get a VIP treatment everywhere and for some reason specially when you’re white.

iCreep
08-24-2010, 04:32 PM

Will I tell them to go there by themselves, no, I always suggest bringing along someone who grew up there. (Although many tourists go there every year with no big issues until this incident.) And for the most part if you a tourist you almost always get a VIP treatment everywhere and for some reason specially when you’re white.

Honestly, Im pretty sure the Phillipines is not a bad place to travel AT ALL. I hear great things about manila. This incident was just bad timing, involving foreigners.

Any SE Asia country is a great place to visit and IMO all share the same level of shadiness (ok maybe some more than others- Bali, Indonesia - suicide bomber in the Kuta region killing MANY Aussies and lots of Indo's, extremist muslims) Every place is a safe place to visit you just have to use due dilligence and be aware of your surroundings.

Also i find if you're white and in a SE asia country, you're gonna be treated liek royalty cuz, a) they think you have money b) CITIZENSHIP!

sexualbanana
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM

I'm pretty sure it slipped out of his hands by mistake. I could see that happening, no gloves, sweaty hands, heavy end.

I'm sure it was an accident, but if in a lot of tactical situations, if you lose your tool doing something like that, it's basically gone until you can resolve the situation. To reach in and try to grab is poor judgment and really not safe.

seriously 8/15 is fail

RIP

How do you supposed they get on top of the bus? Like I said; tactically, it's difficult to approach the bus without being noticed because it's in the open.

And really, 1/15 or 1/25 is still fail.

Prelude_dude
08-24-2010, 04:49 PM
yea, just watched that vid.. it was pretty bad.. they were like tripping over each other at the beginning.. looks like they were like a volunteer SWAT team or something..

sexualbanana
08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Prelude_dude
yea, just watched that vid.. it was pretty bad.. they were like tripping over each other at the beginning.. looks like they were like a volunteer SWAT team or something..

Yeah. If you looked at their faces, they were terrified. Not that I wouldn't be in that situation, but I'm not a cop.

flipstah
08-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Amen, sir. I too, grew up there for quite some time and with the new administration on board a while back, things were looking great; the police started coming down hard on illegal activity and this is an unfortunate event that will truly test the new administration.

I've been thinking of an answer for you, having lived there for most of my life and to tell you the truth it was hard to explain or describe.

Short explanation: Corrupt government = no funds for training and equipment.

I can go on and on and explaining on how things work there but thats another story.

Will I tell them to go there by themselves, no, I always suggest bringing along someone who grew up there. (Although many tourists go there every year with no big issues until this incident.) And for the most part if you a tourist you almost always get a VIP treatment everywhere and for some reason specially when you`re white.

guessboi
08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
RIP. total failure though. :facepalm:

thecitizen
08-24-2010, 08:43 PM
The "Special Forces" look like a bunch of scared 12-year-olds... reminds me of that one scene in Kill Bill part 1.

civic_ek4
08-24-2010, 09:42 PM
RIP

Days of mourning in HK for sure. It¡¦s tough for anyone who watched it live on TV. I saw it initially during my lunch hour and follow it thru when I got home. No strategy, coordination and very lucky that some survived. If you are ill-equipped don¡¦t jeopardize. Some of the injuries are very sketchy, a young male was not suffering from gun shot wound but possible a hit with a hammer to the head. Some victim¡¦s family is refusing autopsy done in Philippine and would rather wait till the bodies return to HK.

The aftermath, the Philippine gov¡¦t is afraid of retaliation. Their former President has cancelled his vacation which was schedule this Friday. A nation that heavily relies on tourism and domestic helper sent abroad. They should have realized HK employs a good size close to 130,000 are making a living in HK. So far, one employee has been fired. I am sure there will be more to come.

TomcoPDR
08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Let's just hope no angry Asian men come out of this and start a shooting rampage in the middle of HK central on a Sunday afternoon.

civic_ek4
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Well, gun crime isn't that common in HK compare to North America.

Something must be done to ease the tension.

yycdawson
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
I just read that one of the hammer tosses into the window hit the son in the head (the son belonged to the family with the dad and two daughters that got shot). What incompetence.

Skyline_Addict
08-24-2010, 10:29 PM
:facepalm:

gyu
08-24-2010, 10:43 PM
I saw some different footage on the news tonight and it looked the guy with the sledge hammer also tried smashing the headlights of the bus

DENZILDON
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by civic_ek4
Well, gun crime isn't that common in HK compare to North America.

Something must be done to ease the tension.

That is the test for the new president. All my life I've never seen a very promising president for the country and I do hope he makes a very swift and good decision

Altezza
08-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

- A bus on an open street is actually very difficult to approach from a tactical standpoint. The suspect has a 360-degree view so that he could very easily see anyone approaching the bus.

Drop in from a helicopter.... or am I overestimating that they actually have one??

sexualbanana
08-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Altezza

Drop in from a helicopter.... or am I overestimating that they actually have one??

Possibly overestimating. Not to mention that if the police were able to fuck this up that badly due to lack of training, they're probably not well-/properly trained to rappel from a helicopter. Not to mention, it's not exactly a stealthy approach

civic_ek4
08-25-2010, 12:18 AM
I am leaving it at poor judgment.

I think they smashed the headlight because it was shinning in the scope of the sniper.

What they should have done (if they were to breech):
Interrupt the TV signal on the bus. Kill the lights in the surrounding, approach and surround the bus then shine the lights, enter the bus from multi-points, use flash bang and take the kill.

OR they could have just lied and told him he got his job back.

l/l/rX
08-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by civic_ek4
I am leaving it at poor judgment.

I think they smashed the headlight because it was shinning in the scope of the sniper.

What they should have done (if they were to breech):
Interrupt the TV signal on the bus. Kill the lights in the surrounding, approach and surround the bus then shine the lights, enter the bus from multi-points, use flash bang and take the kill.

OR they could have just lied and told him he got his job back.

my plan would of been to simultaneously shoot out both rear and front windows with a shot gun (im sure they have those, since they dont have frame charges, and if they dont have walkie talkies to coordinate their timing, hand signals should do it) toss a flash or stun grenade in on both sides (dont know if they have those)- then as a TEAM, 2 people on both ends acts as a boost (since that BBC article stated they didnt have ladders), first person clears the remaining glass with a shield and pistol, rest follow through and invade.

That seems pretty simple and fast does it not?

I didnt even have to read the BBC article first about the 10 things they did wrong, watching the video its like well i would of done that with the limited resources shown.

edit: and with bus doors you can pry open easily with a crowbar, soo theres another point of entry.

adam c
08-25-2010, 08:20 AM

... toss a flash or stun grenade in on both sides (dont know if they have those)- ...

obviously they don't since they were tossing glow sticks

iCreep
08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by adam c

obviously they don't since they were tossing glow sticks

but they had some sort of gas grenade thing...SMALL chance they would have 1 of the other 2.

flipstah
08-25-2010, 08:27 AM
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/08/25/10/manila-police-chief-axed-4-other-cops-suspended

This is why I am ashamed to be a Filipino:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sites/default/files/a_images/people/others/soco2.jpg

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/08/25/10/palace-stop-picture-taking-hk-tourist-bus

Seriously, what were they thinking when they did this?! Why don't you just teabag their dead bodies?

Same thing. Those are cops btw. :banghead: :facepalm:

Ignorant, uneducated motherfuckers.

/rant

1barA4
08-25-2010, 08:51 AM
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/08/25/10/manila-police-chief-axed-4-other-cops-suspended

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/08/25/10/palace-stop-picture-taking-hk-tourist-bus

Seriously, what were they thinking when they did this?! Why don't you just teabag their dead bodies?

/rant

And they wonder why tensions are escalating.

"Hey, HK, we're gonna treat the site of the massive screw up resulting in dead chinese folks like a carnival. But don't be mean to the Filipinos in HK ok?"

sh0ko
08-25-2010, 09:00 AM

/rant

its amazing... i really hope the filipinos in HK dont feel the backlash of this... it wasnt their fault.... as stated b4 one bad apple.. or several in this case ruined it for EVERYONE...

im chinese. from a strong hk background..parents...grandparents...etc (i was born here though) and my gf.. born in the phillipines... definetly hear from her family that so many filipinos are supporting the chinese peoples outrage. but dont be embarassed flipstah...although it happened on home soil this shouldnt let you hang your head down . it was a serious tragedy yes that was blown up all over the media.. plenty of other ppl are going through worse....150 women were raped over and over again in a period of 4 days in a congolese village. the mudslides in china . the flood in pakistan. the somalian bombing that killed 33 ppl 5 of them mps.

however the way those cops handled it was just a :facepalm: but once again this shouldnt b a generalization of the "intelligence" for the filipino population. rip to the dead. let them rest in peace. and let this be a hard lesson for the police force down in the phils. Just hope that this lesson is hard enough so that it will force things with the police force there to move one step, or several more steps , forward in the right direction.

p.s i hope to god that officer who threw that sledgehammer into the 18 year olds head gets whats coming to him

cdnsir
08-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Only half are dead, their police force has a right to be proud.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8108/soco.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8617/yuck.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3716/fbgirl.jpg
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5575/idiotstudents.jpg

v2kai
08-25-2010, 09:22 AM

my plan would of been to simultaneously shoot out both rear and front windows with a shot gun (im sure they have those, since they dont have frame charges, and if they dont have walkie talkies to coordinate their timing, hand signals should do it) toss a flash or stun grenade in on both sides (dont know if they have those)- then as a TEAM, 2 people on both ends acts as a boost (since that BBC article stated they didnt have ladders), first person clears the remaining glass with a shield and pistol, rest follow through and invade.

That seems pretty simple and fast does it not?

I didnt even have to read the BBC article first about the 10 things they did wrong, watching the video its like well i would of done that with the limited resources shown.

edit: and with bus doors you can pry open easily with a crowbar, soo theres another point of entry.

only issue i see with this is potential crossfire on your own officers from either end. but the confusion of being approached from both sides of the assailant would have likely worked well in their favor.

as for all the tourist photos of the bus:facepalm: just unbelievable:banghead:

flipstah
08-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by v2kai

as for all the tourist photos of the bus:facepalm: just unbelievable:banghead:

Those are students, the future of the nation, that should be ashamed of themselves.

"Tag me, ha!"

adam c
08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
unbelievable

Kloubek
08-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Wow... those pictures with the cops make me sick.

I mean, I can *almost* understand the citizens posing with the bus behind. It is in poor taste, but everybody wants to be part of something sensational.

But the cops? First, they royally fuck everything up... then they pose in front of the bus smiling?!? I would be utterly ashamed.

freshprince1
08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
I lived in the Pihilippines for two years and love both the country and the people (I am whitebread Canadian). This is a terrible thing to have happened, but how it played out does not surprise me.

1) PNP (Philippine National Police) are an interesting breed. It was not uncommon where I lived (in a very remote part of the country) to see them walking down the street with their M-16's casually strapped on their backs as they enjoyed a beer or doing some other mundane daily task (e.g. dropping their kids off at school on the motorbike...etc). Theyr are proud of their job and the clout it gives them.

2) It was not uncommon to see them in plain clothes, walking around with their guns. Perhaps this is why the bus driver did not react differently to a plain-clothed gun-wielding PNP Officer.

3) As mentioned before, the corrupt government affects every layer of civil service. Each tier of government skims their portion which often leaves little to no funds for people and projects at the ground level. So the PNP probably never received the training and tools suitable for this scenario.

I hope the Chinese to do not hold this against the Filipino's. At least the Filipino's tried their best to prevent this, it is unfortunate they were not better prepared for such an incident.

RIP innocent victims.

lilmira
08-25-2010, 09:46 AM
So normally when something like this happened, you'll see flowers and such being placed by the area from people expressing their condolences. But taking pictures of yourself with a smile on your face? I don't get it. Different culture?