PDA

View Full Version : CT4WD does Waiparous Falls Trail 2010

CelicaST-162
08-24-2010, 12:33 AM
This is the video from our run to the falls last Sunday, hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRrkjbPiZVg

Unknown303
08-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Ha I already stumbled across it on youtube. Sick video. And good work on saving the injured individual. What happened to the person that they had to get airlifted out?

CelicaST-162
08-25-2010, 06:23 PM
The fellow was working on his early model Ford Bronco, I believe what happened was that he was working on the starter of some sort and told his girlfriend to start it. Assuming it was in gear, the truck ran over his head and upper torso causing some serious injury. Latest update we got was he was doing better and grateful that we were there and having the resources we did. Safe wheeling everyone!

Sugarphreak
08-25-2010, 06:44 PM

Unknown303
08-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Man you make wicked video's!

You guys went straight up the opposite side of the water crossing? I was thinking about doing that, but I got scared, lol.

Yikes, that sounds scary for the guy!

I crossed that spot on the river too the other day.

Sugarphreak
08-25-2010, 11:55 PM

CelicaST-162
08-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Man you make wicked video's!

You guys went straight up the opposite side of the water crossing? I was thinking about doing that, but I got scared, lol.

Yikes, that sounds scary for the guy!

It's how we roll, well the modified trucks anyhow. The stock trucks and such take the left side ramp. Your truck has a lot of clearance but on the other hand it's a longer wheelbase therefore you may drag your frame a tad. If you have sliders, give it a whirl!

ercchry
08-27-2010, 01:11 PM
^^ Did you go up the rock face directly across on the opposite side or cut through the middle to the trail ramp?

he went right up the rock... not on the way back though... but since he did it last time i guess i HAVE to do it next time :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
08-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

he went right up the rock... not on the way back though... but since he did it last time i guess i HAVE to do it next time :rofl:

I went down it with the stock ZJ and it seemed quite steep and slick, I can't imagine trying to scramble my way up it. Your shorter wheelbase might do the trick though.

Unknown303
08-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Going up is awesome. Actually grips really good on those rocks.