PDA

View Full Version : west coast choppers?

GTS Jeff
12-23-2003, 03:40 AM
wtf is this shit? it seems like nowadays i see white trash wannabes with bad breath everywhere toting this logo. isnt the squiggly cross the same one that the nazis used?

everytime i see those things (every couple hours when im out) i get the feeling that im gona be the victim of some racial crime.

wtf?

Ben
12-23-2003, 03:41 AM
dude, its a trend, People are sheep, and like to hop on the latest Bandwagon. Give it 6 months.

core_upt
12-23-2003, 03:56 AM
West Coast Choppers is the bike company owned by Jesse James, a famous bike builder and host of Monster Garage. As for the Iron Cross, it's a symbol that dates back way further than the Nazis - I know Independent Tuck Company (skateboard parts) uses the same symbol. It's not a racist thing at all.

itsnotaDUB
12-23-2003, 05:16 AM
BAA BAA BAA, said the sheep,lol

GTS Jeff
12-23-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
BAA BAA BAA, said the sheep,lol see thats exactly what i mean. like cmon, this guy instills racial fears in my heart!

itsnotaDUB
12-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Racial?. nope not me...:thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
12-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
wtf is this shit? it seems like nowadays i see white trash wannabes with bad breath everywhere toting this logo. isnt the squiggly cross the same one that the nazis used?

everytime i see those things (every couple hours when im out) i get the feeling that im gona be the victim of some racial crime.

wtf? The iron cross pre-dates the nazis by well over 130 years. It was originally created by Wilhelm II of prussia after the battles with Napoleon and was awarded to anyone, regardless of nationality or social standing, for heroism in combat. Yes, it was a symbol used by the nazis but so were many other symbols that do not carry racial connotations now (people getting bent out of shape about swastikas on innocent items are way too uptight about it, the symbol was used for thousands of years for good luck and prosperity).

Honestly, if you think the types of people who you describe are going to beat you up, if they were going to do it they would do it regardless of whether they were wearing a west coast choppers shirt.

GTS Jeff
12-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Honestly, if you think the types of people who you describe are going to beat you up, if they were going to do it they would do it regardless of whether they were wearing a west coast choppers shirt. haha good point and thanks for the info.

"i juss playin dawg!"

R-Audi
12-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
(people getting bent out of shape about swastikas on innocent items are way too uptight about it, the symbol was used for thousands of years for good luck and prosperity).

Ummmm, The symbol you are referring to is not the same as a swastika. It is actually the reverse of one. If I remember correctly, it is a Zen symbol. At first glance it looks like a Swastika, but it isn't.It has the arms going the opposite way. You could imasgine how shocked I was to see these at Temples across China.....
(only to be straightened out..)

4wheeldrift
12-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

Ummmm, The symbol you are referring to is not the same as a swastika. It is actually the reverse of one. If I remember correctly, it is a Zen symbol. At first glance it looks like a Swastika, but it isn't.It has the arms going the opposite way. You could imasgine how shocked I was to see these at Temples across China.....
(only to be straightened out..) It's actually the same, just rotated 45 degrees, the visual effect makes it look like its spinning the other direction.

Bad swastika (looks like its spinning clockwise):
http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/processed_new_images/nazi_flag_150.gif

Good swastika (counterclockwise):
http://www.luckymojo.com/swastikabead.gif

R-Audi
12-23-2003, 01:30 PM
The ones I saw the arms were pointed in the other direction, maybe there are different ones

Hipermax_d
12-23-2003, 01:35 PM
i think its called the maltese cross (sp?)
thats what i heard on bike week when jesse james was talking about it

4wheeldrift
12-23-2003, 01:36 PM
An interesting article on the history of the swastika (both kinds):
http://www.intelinet.org/swastika/swastika_intro.htm

Ajay
12-23-2003, 01:41 PM
The one that's used in Chinese temples is also used in alot of temples in India as well.

The cross symbol that Jesse James puts on all his bikes is called the Maltese Cross....it's definetly the trademark of West Coast Choppers.

I wanted one of those shirts before it got all cool and trendy but I think I'll sit this one out. Didn't get one before cause I couldn't figure out where to get one in this city...now you can buy them at Bluenotes in Chinook Centre. :dunno:

Davetronz
12-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Thats a sweet toque!!!

4wheeldrift
12-23-2003, 07:41 PM
History of the Maltese Cross:
http://www2.prestel.co.uk/church/oosj/cross.htm

LancerShelby
12-25-2003, 11:04 PM
What I love are all the geeks who were the shit, yet have never rode a bike or even built one. Just like Tommy, CK, GAP, blah blah blah.

pinoyhero
12-26-2003, 12:25 AM

LOL, at least you caught it first.